Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 ipv4 for $2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 ipv4 for $2

Just came across an offer on WHT: https://crissic.net/billing/cart.php?gid=4
They are offering 2 ipv4 addresses for $2, monthly billing. This is the cheapest I've ever seen.
And they are also offering 512 RAM/512 swap for that price, with 50 GB HDD and 2 TB BW.
So they have an amazing value for money.
I am not affiliated to crissic.net in any way, just found their offer interesting and thought people here would like it.
Feel free to remove or move my thread if I'm not allowed to post this here.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

This is the cheapest I've ever seen.

Clearly you haven't seen 13 IPv4 for $7 or 5 IPv4 for $4 http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/335590/p1

• @sundaymouse said:
    spam

No.

@rm_ said:
    Clearly you haven't seen 13 IPv4 for $7 or 5 IPv4 for $4 http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/335590/p1

Yes, I hadn't.

• Many dedi providers offer IPs at $0.20 a pop

• @awson said:
    Many dedi providers offer IPs at $0.20 a pop

I'm new to the server market, so had no idea of that whatsoever.
    Also, I have no idea why I'm being criticized for posting this, I just thought I could help some people here.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2013

I don't think anyone's criticising, you're right it is good value considering the going rate is usually $1/m just for the IPs. It's worth investigating the ones that offer cheaper rates for drawbacks though, sometimes the IPs have been abused in the past and end up on various blacklists, particularly email blacklists.

• @ricardo said:
    I don't think anyone's criticising, you're right it is good value considering the going rate is usually $1/m just for the IPs. It's worth investigating the ones that offer cheaper rates for drawbacks though, sometimes the IPs have been abused in the past and end up on various blacklists, particularly email blacklists.

Even though I might not take other posts as criticism, @sundaymouse is clearly criticizing me. I think you're right about the second one. I've heard it costs 1000's of $s to get an ip removed from the blacklists, and if you use those ip's, chrome and other browsers will flash alerts about the site being spam/malware, and those ip's become cheaper. So that could be the case here, in which case, its better to pay extra for the ip's than go for the cheaper ones.

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited October 2013

Edited.
    Never mind.

• @ricardo said:

Our Ips are actually relatively new, and we monitor for abuse so they aren't on any blacklists :)

I wouldn't call it a crazy offer IP wise, plenty of providers offer similar IP values, at least those that own their IP space.

Thanked by 1AchrafPro
  • vpnareavpnarea Member
    edited October 2013

@dhamaniasad why are you so touchy about being criticized? It's the next best thing to paid advice. It's a great way to learn how people see your point of view. For example from @sundaymouse's comment you can learn that your post looked like astroturfing spam. The post structure looks like it's designed to list all the features of the provider you appear to be advertising, too much detail gives it away that you're feeding us information. Then you say that 2$ is "amazing value for money", thus emphasizing the good price unnecessarily with a cliche marketing term.
    The part that is real annoying is that you say: "this is the cheapest I've ever seen", while you have obviously not looked around here, as the common monthly price for an IP on the 128mb boxes would be 1$. That is the most Common price, therefor not a rare occasion.
    So basically you were criticized by @sundaymouse and now from me too, because we like most experienced blog readers have a filter that says: "spam" right away when a post like yours comes along. Just like the filter when you see a woman: "Pretty"/"Not Pretty".

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Just came across an offer on WHT: https://xxxx/billing/cart.php?gid=4

Spam!

• @Petert200 said:
    Spam!

How about, HELL NO?