Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HDD KVM with RAID10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HDD KVM with RAID10

miumiu Member

Good day

i am looking for VPS for my client w min spec:

• KVM, 1GB RAM
  • 1 vcore
  • 128 GiB HDD - only RAID10 or R1 (no parity raids)
  • 1 TB BW @ 100+mbit
  • 1ipv4 & provider operating on own subnet
  • port 25 opened
  • clean IPv4 and PTR option in CP would be fine
  • prefered EU locations
  • price: $25/y or $40/2y

thanks

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2022

Port 25 is major requirement - so will be email spam / marketing, why not use Amazon SES?

Thanked by 2miu Vitaly
  • miumiu Member

liteserver: now cannot meet this price level.. (in past was 500GB storage for this price in discounted sale)
    greencloud: no owned IP space and often blacklisted subnets
    alphavps: raid6(0)
    all other not mentioned higher prices over mentioned budget

maybe @sthosting can something invents?

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • miumiu Member
    edited May 2022

@WebProject said:
    Port 25 is major requirement - so will be email spam / marketing, why not use Amazon SES?

Thanks for suggestion, but i do not like whole Amazon

Sure not for any spamming (I never supported any type of spamming, nor I will do.. i personally hate it - when rats and worms devalue whole subnets for their nonsenses & shits..), normal client with legit emails only, also not any bulk mailing or marketing. Only his hobby is to have in Inbox few tens of GB of emails (collected w years, and do not delete something)... And pay yearly under $40.. So i cannot put him on expensive ssd storage

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • foitinfoitin Member

can I ask why self-owned IP subnets?
    why is it a must have?

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2022

@foitin said:
    why is it a must have?

Sure: i do not want and have time change IP 2x yearly.. With provider who own its IPs is this x times less probable

Also I need to make my life easier: with stable provider (and provider who own its ip space is too probable x times more stable) and do not wake up with emails in inbox such as: "your IP will be changed | Emergency: your vps will be migrated | We cancel VPS line what u r using etc.."

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Why changing IP is issue, we have domain system, it will remain same.

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2022

@Saahib said:
    Why changing IP is issue, we have domain system, it will remain same.

1 example for all (many ppl do not must agree with me but i only explain my angle of view and thinking): I am 1 man company. When i will be unexpected in hospital for 3 weeks, and use for example Liteserver VPS, i know that nothing will be changed whole this time (nor urgently) but on 99.9% working without me and my interventions next and no reasons for my worries if i prepay it enough period in advance, and client also getting his services whole time, i can rely (also i know that in any case of unexpected outage they will begin resolve it and up services back ASAP, i can sleep more calmly when use mentioned kind of privders... + for me personally is fact that provider owns its ips one of sign that is more stable and thinks his business serious (when bought expensive own subnets)). I try make my life easier, so always when possible or opportunity for such option, i choose rather stable (with years verified) providers instead experiments or adventures (I don't want to offend anyone, I'm just explaining my point)

@miu said:

@foitin said:
    why is it a must have?

Sure: i do not want and have time change IP 2x yearly.. With provider who own its IPs is this x times less probable

Also I need to make my life easier: with stable provider (and provider who own its ip space is too probable x times more stable) and do not wake up with emails in inbox such as: "your IP will be changed | Emergency: your vps will be migrated | We cancel VPS line what u r using etc.."

It’s just sound that your previous provider is incompetent to migrate the customers to different / new nodes, as any admin be able to migrate the IPv4 range and customer data to new nodes / hardware.

We can offer the XEN virtualisation and be able to do one off deal, if you wish?

• foitinfoitin Member

@miu said:

You mean you were forced to use different IP when that provider made migrations?
    They can't assign you the same IP?

• miumiu Member

@WebProject said:

@miu said:

@foitin said:
    why is it a must have?

It’s just sound that your previous provider is incompetent to migrate the customers to different / new nodes, as any admin be able to migrate the IPv4 range and customer data to new nodes / hardware.

We can offer the XEN virtualisation and be able to do one off deal, if you wish?

Thank you for the offer, appreciated, when i decide for your offer i will PM u.

Thanked by 1WebProject

@foitin said:

@miu said:

You mean you were forced to use different IP when that provider made migrations?

It sounds like it

• miumiu Member

@foitin said:

@miu said:

This happened me several times (that provider was not able (or wanted) keep origin IP)
    (next: gave me new IP, new IP was multiple blacklisted, clients began bomb me "oh man, my emails drop and end in Junk folders.." and i was in stress useless again, resolve another MTA/SMTP relay for them etc..)
    I try now make life so easy as is possible. (I also could put this client on any dedicated server (what i lease) but i need have him separated from other (old client 7+y, never problems with him, so i appreciate his loyalty, try fulfill his requirements and no ask him more when now need more space and begin run out of space on current VPS))

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2022

I do not like these mornings:

In this concrete case has been VPS sooner "migrated" - i got this email (as first and only notice about it) 10 minutes later than vps has been "migrated" = mean origin VPS destroyed and unreachable :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Fantastic job and doing :smile: (and then explain to your affected customers: sorry, i am only half idiot, not complete!)

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited May 2022

@miu said:
    I do not like these mornings:

In this concrete case has been VPS sooner "migrated" - i got this email (as first and only notice about it) 10 minutes later than vps has been "migrated" = mean origin VPS destroyed and unreachable :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Fantastic job and doing :smile:

lol. this blur makes no difference. we all know whom this is from.
    their storage isn't RAID10 anyway.
    edit: their new storage preorders are raid10. but they obviously don't meed your other criteria.

AFAIK, @liteserver is the only provider offers RAID10 at rock bottom low-end price range.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

This was first place where i asked! Thair Raid10 storage perfectly meets all my requirements. Unfortunately, due from increased costs (Ip prices, electricity etc) they denied my request in past pricing level (i can understand it, and cannot complain for them or say any bad word on them - i have hosted or managed several clients/VPSes at Lite within several years (from 2014 till now), and very satisfied whole time with their highly reliable services and awesome uptime)

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2022

For me personally was Liteserver (and their past discounted sales/BF etc) "High-end" and professional service without worries usable for production use for low-end pricing. Never failed with them till now = 8 years, only 1 time i remember when they lost whole node when raid10 under array rebuild lost second drive (on the same stripe - mirroring pair) - pretty rare and curious scenario)

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider

@miu said:
    liteserver: now cannot meet this price level.. (in past was 500GB storage for this price in discounted sale)

Thank you for the recommendation.

I can offer you a custom server with your described specs for €35 per year. Sounds this interesting for you?

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

@sthosting said:

@miu said:

Thank you for the recommendation.

I can offer you a custom server with your described specs for €35 per year. Sounds this interesting for you?

Hello!
    thank you very much for your response, willingness help also with this and offer
    i already resolved this concrete case (and bought already resources for it bcs it was quit urgent and few days went till now too)
    but i regularly time at time resolve similar cases (customers who store years of uselessness and delete nothing in their IMAP INBOXes, till state when they begin be nearly without free space and eat all free remaining GB on VPS where are placed.. is impossible for me give them expensive ssd for this and let the same price, so hdd raid10 is solution)
    so when i will need this or similar (another R10 no difficult storage VPS) i will contact you
    thank u one more time
    regards miu