Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much is this 1u server worth, if anything?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much is this 1u server worth, if anything?

VextroVextro Member

(Pretty sure this isn't against the rules since I don't plan on selling it here, but if it is please remove it).

I've got a spare 1u server that I've had sitting around in my place doing nothing for months, and it's not worth it to colo it, at least for me. I'm not really up-to-date on second hand server hardware prices, so I was hoping someone might be able to chime in.

Cisco UCS C22 M3 (Missing caddies)
E5-2420
48GB DDR3
8TB Seagate Barracuda (With hardly any hours)

Any ideas how much it'd be worth if I were to sell it? Prices on places like eBay are all over the place, so it's hard to get a good idea of what it's worth.

Comments

• @Vextro said: Prices on places like eBay are all over the place

That may just mean where is no stable asking price, it just depends on who is looking at the time, how much they want one, and what other options are on the market right then. You might get lucky, you might not.

Make sure you are looking at ended auctions - starting/reserve/bin prices do not necessarily anything like the actual value so may vary even more than final sale prices.

Thanked by 2Vextro szymonp
  • vovlervovler Member

Maybe sell the parts as they are cheaper to ship, as the RAM is always worth something, and if the HDDs are new, they are also worth something.

• sotssots Member

E5 2420? Sounds bad.