Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed cloud vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed cloud vps

I want to move from VPS to cloud VPS, and my current host does not offer it, and their support is starting to get worse (been happy for years)
so, looking for:
1. managed! cloud vps.
2. i dont want a control panel hogging it down
3. EU hosted
4. allows adult content

thanks in advance,
cheerio!

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@maxwell_ said: I want to move from VPS to cloud VPS,

Just curious: how do you imagine the difference between a (non-cloud) VPS and a cloud VPS?

• sotssots Member

So why vps isn't on the cloud? ;)

• VoidVoid Member

That’s like saying your want to move from a house to house on ground.

• TejyTejy Member

@angstrom said:

Just curious: how do you imagine the difference between a (non-cloud) VPS and a cloud VPS?

I assume that the main difference is related to the whole "scalibility" thing.
    Like perform operations like: adding more disk, upgrade to larger vm shape in few clicks, etc.

Thanked by 2angstrom maxwell_
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Tejy said:

@angstrom said:

Like perform operations like: adding more disk, upgrade to larger vm shape in few clicks, etc.

True, one could take this to be the difference, but it's not clear to me that the OP -- based on what he wrote -- takes this to be the difference

• maxwell_maxwell_ Member
    edited May 2022

@Tejy said:

@angstrom said:

yes, high scalability.
    https://www.hostdime.com/blog/cloud-vs-vps/

• sotssots Member

@maxwell_ said:

@Tejy said:

@angstrom said:

yes, high scalability.
    https://www.hostdime.com/blog/cloud-vs-vps/

So, I think every vps provider can give you upgrade options if you submit tickets. But if you have to upgrade & downgrade often, then you should choose Azure, AWS or GCP as they're more convenient.

Thanked by 1maxwell_