Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Storage KVM with a little more bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Storage KVM with a little more bandwidth

adwsislifeadwsislife Member
edited May 2022 in General

Requirements:-
2 - 3 GB RAM
50 - 100 GB HDD (going for HDD instead of SDD to make it less costlier. SSD would be great ofc :p )
20 - 30 MBps (i.e., 160 -240 mbps) sustained connection. Would love an unmetered connection (my monthly usage might be some where around 4-5TB min and 8-10TB at max)
Fuse enabled is must (will mount my gdrive via rclone)
Root access ofc (planning to run 2-3 docker containers)
2vcore cpu

What I am planning to do?
Run a personal media server for my friends and family (3-4 persons) and route all traffic via a VPN Container to avoid any kind of DMCA issues

Budget:-
25$ (max 30$) yearly

Ready to do yearly payments. But if possible, I wanna try 1st month on monthly billing cycle before committing for long term. If anyone can share a YABS, that's also fine, no need of 1st month on monthly billing cycle.

New member here and doing post for1st time. Apologies for any mistakes.
Hope I am not expecting too much :)

Edit:- At-least 10MBps (i.e., 80mbps) sustained connection. Cant go below it as there is no point of streaming. It will just buffer :pensive: )

Thanked by 1ole_hansen

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

Why hello, and welcome to our fine community! I hope you are able to find something suitable, although your extensive data transfer requirements may by difficult to fulfil at your price point, but best of luck nonetheless!

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog bdl
  • @Nekki said:
    Why hello, and welcome to our fine community! I hope you are able to find something suitable, although your extensive data transfer requirements may by difficult to fulfil at your price point, but best of luck nonetheless!

After reading your comment, added "edit". Lets see :smile:

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@adwsislife said:

@Nekki said:

After reading your comment, added "edit". Lets see :smile:

I am afraid you may still find yourself bereft of offers that meet your requirement, your data transfer request is most sizeable, whilst your budget is anything but.

Do beware of any offers you may receive, unless they ae re from well established providers on LowEndTalk; the 'Patron Provider' tag can simply be purchased, so do not consider it a guarantee or sign of any kind of quality.

• Thanks for advices on how to filter providers and avoid unnecessary headaches 😊

• szymonpszymonp Member

@adwsislife said:
    2 - 3 GB RAM
    50 - 100 GB HDD (going for HDD instead of SDD to make it less costlier. SSD would be great ofc :p )
    20 - 30 MBps (i.e., 160 -240 mbps) sustained connection. Would love an unmetered connection (my monthly usage might be some where around 4-5TB min and 8-10TB at max)
    2vcore cpu

Run a personal media server for my friends and family (3-4 persons) and route all traffic via a VPN Container to avoid any kind of DMCA issues

25$ (max 30$) yearly

Ready to do yearly payments. But if possible, I wanna try 1st month on monthly billing cycle before committing for long term. If anyone can share a YABS, that's also fine, no need of 1st month on monthly billing cycle.

Edit:- At-least 10MBps (i.e., 80mbps) sustained connection. Cant go below it as there is no point of streaming. It will just buffer :pensive: )

Oracle Free VPS has 10 TB limit and 4 gigabit up/down, 200GB SSD, 24 GB RAM and 4 cores just keep in mind it's ARM so idk if your docjer container will run, but you probably won't need it since they don't care for DMCA, at least on their swiss datacenter. Plex works fairly well for me even in 4k

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@adwsislife said:
    Thanks for advices on how to filter providers and avoid unnecessary headaches 😊

You are more than welcome, I very much hope you both find what you are looking for, and make yourself at home in this fine community. All the best!

Thanked by 1risharde
  • adwsislifeadwsislife Member
    edited May 2022

Thanks for advices on how to filter providers and avoid unnecessary headaches 😊> @szymonp said:

@adwsislife said:
    2 - 3 GB RAM
    2vcore cpu

25$ (max 30$) yearly

Oracle Free VPS has 10 TB limit and 4 gigabit up/down, 200GB SSD, 24 GB RAM and 4 cores just keep in mind it's ARM so idk if your docjer container will run, but you probably won't need it since they don't care for DMCA, at least on their swiss datacenter. Plex works fairly well for me even in 4k

I tried to create a account in oracle but it rejected my card even after deducting few cents as verification. Bruh 😪

• Contabo?

• adwsislifeadwsislife Member
    edited May 2022

@szymonp said:

Hello
    How you know they do not care for DMCA (public tracker torrenting) in their swiss datacenter?
    Any documents/proofs?
    or
    you yourself using that way without any vpn and all...?

• jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred
    edited May 2022
  • VoidVoid Member

@adwsislife said:

@szymonp said:

Hello
    How you know they do not care for DMCA (public tracker torrenting) in their swiss datacenter?
    Any documents/proofs?
    or
    you yourself using that way without any vpn and all...?

Not recommended because your account might disappear any second without any warning.

• double your budget and go with one of the better providers and get more value for your money. cheap is expensive