Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to virmach???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to virmach???

vdt19840vdt19840 Member

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sir, as has been recounted on many, many threads, Virmach support is having quite challenge at present and responses will be delayed

They don't give a fuck about your whining arse.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

wow two months ?

• @hostdare said:
    wow two months ?

Yes, I don't know what happened to them

• are you serious?

• @ascicode said:
    are you serious?

absolutely yes!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

JumpyBelated-Customer.

• skorousskorous Member

@hostdare said:
    wow two months ?

It was a pre-order and it's been a bumpy rollout. There's been updates on what's going on.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@vdt19840 said:

@ascicode said:
    are you serious?

absolutely yes!

Unwilling Plum? Why Sir, that is quite the humorous name!

Reminds me of the time I was banging away on some skank, but couldn't quite reach the vinegar strokes. You could ay my plums were unwilling that day!

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Nekki said:

Unwilling Plum? Why Sir, that is quite the humorous name!

Reminds me of the time I was banging away on some skank, but couldn't quite reach the vinegar strokes. You could ay my plums were unwilling that day!

Kudos, Nekki. Good to see those spoilers back. Now we get the best of both Nekki worlds.

--

OP. We are all waiting for our storage servers. I don't know of anyone who has been provisioned yet. You will not get your storage server any faster by starting a thread on LET, or opening a ticket.

If you did not pay from account credit or crypto and you want a refund you should open a ticket in the billing department with the title "Please Refund Storage Server" and list the order and invoice number in the ticket. Just so you know the refund will not be instant.

Thanked by 2_MS_ ariq01
  • corbpiecorbpie Member

Virmach is now pay to supply. You pay for a service and then months later (if lucky) you will finally get your service after they have bought and finally installed the hardware.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • vdt19840vdt19840 Member
    edited May 2022

Okay, let's be a bit more specific. As you can see, my ticket is not just about the pre-order of storage vps which has been pending for 2 months+.
    There is still another RYZEN vps which has been OFFLINE for about 1 month. And I submitted ticket last week, however I didn't got any responds.
    I don't know why someone is always just focusing on that storage vps. I have waited for 2 months. Of course, I know it is a pre-order! Please DO NOT remind me of it again and agin!

• bdlbdl Member

@vdt19840 said:
    Okay, let's be a bit more specific. As you can see, my ticket is not just about the pre-order of storage vps which has been pending for 2 months+.
    There is still another RYZEN vps which has been OFFLINE for about 1 month. And I submitted ticket last week, however I didn't got any responds.
    I don't know why someone is always just focusing on that storage vps. I have waited for 2 months. Of course, I know it is a pre-order! Please DO NOT remind me of it again and agin!

It's a pre-order so you'll have to wait until it's provisioned.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • skorousskorous Member

@vdt19840 said:

Are you aware it was a pre order?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • totototototo Member
    edited May 2022

@vdt19840 said:

Why don't you open a ticket in the Priority Support department?

By checking this box you agree to be billed $15 unless you have priority support for your product, there is an immediate outage not described on the network status page, there is a time-sensitive issue that may otherwise result in suspension or termination of your service, or you have been incorrectly suspended.

• @vdt19840 said:

Pre-Order

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • JasonMJasonM Member

Virmach needs a new/improved ticket system it seems now!

• LisoLiso Member

Virmarch almsgiving moment :D :D :D :D

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@JasonM said:

Yeah, it's current ticket system on lowendtalk.com is a bit cluttered with stuff from other providers.

Thanked by 3emgh drizbo FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@vdt19840 said: There is still another RYZEN vps which has been OFFLINE for about 1 month. And I submitted ticket last week, however I didn't got any responds.

If this has never worked since it was created then VirMach has stated previously that...

VirMach said: These are considered as never activated and are not currently considered high priority unfortunately with everything else going on. You'll get it provisioned, or you can request a refund still.

And when it's provisioned, you'll get a full term of service, as in the due date will be adjusted.

So are you good now?

• msattmsatt Member

@FrankZ said: So are you good now?

While I totally appreciate you are helping as best you can, you have to admit that @VirMach is really screwed up at the moment.

Fact - Offers were made and purchases / contracts made.

People can do their research and Virmach has been a good stable provider. So purchasers are prepared to take the offers. Now we have servers that are supposedly provided (so customers cannot get refunds - in fact the offer said no refunds). The offer should have said give us your money and at some time we will provide a service and it won't be good.

Servers go offline for a couple of days and when online often have attrocious connectivity.

Servers purchased and migration to Ryzen promised almost 10 months ago and still no upgrade. This is of course low priority because of all the other problems.

Things fail but this is much more than a disk failure etc. Virmach at the moment is rubbish.

I totally respect @VirMach is trying, but just look at the complaints, he even turns round and says he may charge for tickets raised. Then will only accept tickets if they use a magic incantation.

People need to understand that while Virmach does not wish to lie (I beleive) and has the best of intentions, his words and actions mean very little and are continuously evolving (often back to the beginning).

/rant

• JarryJarry Member

@msatt said:

...Virmach at the moment is rubbish.

I'm sorry to agree. They are apparently hiding something. Lack of transparency, no official communication, locking out support tickets, etc., that all is sign of much more serious problem. You look at the web-page and everything seems to be normal, but this ship is sinking...

• @Jarry said: Lack of transparency, no official communication

Look around you.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@msatt said: While I totally appreciate you are helping as best you can, you have to admit that @VirMach is really screwed up at the moment.

I would have to agree that things have not worked out as well as anyone would have wanted and VirMach has obviously made some mistakes in judgement regarding the change over from CC. As a Ryzen alpha tester I take some of the responsibility for the hardware issues which are at the root of some of the problems. I should have pushed the network much harder then I did. I did push the CPU and disk hard, but not the network. Lesson learned for the next time I alpha test a node.

@msatt said: People can do their research and Virmach has been a good stable provider. So purchasers are prepared to take the offers. Now we have servers that are supposedly provided (so customers cannot get refunds - in fact the offer said no refunds). The offer should have said give us your money and at some time we will provide a service and it won't be good.

Servers go offline for a couple of days and when online often have attrocious connectivity.

Out of the 17 VirMach VPSes I have, six are Ryzen. Five work well and have no issues, Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Atlanta, and one Tokyo. The other one in Tokyo is not perfect network wise, but that said, it is not as bad as some have been describing, so I guess I am lucky. My VirMach Intel VPSes are as stable as you described.

@msatt said: Servers purchased and migration to Ryzen promised almost 10 months ago and still no upgrade. This is of course low priority because of all the other problems.

I can't say anything about this as I don't have any of these.

@msatt said: Things fail but this is much more than a disk failure etc. Virmach at the moment is rubbish.

Maybe so in many ways, but VirMach is a person too and I feel that after many years of good service, at really good prices, I can cut him some slack during this time. I don't see him trying to deny the problems exist, I just see him having a priority list that goes from what is best for the largest number of clients, to what is good for the individual. I also believe that DC hands and shipping has not been doing him any favors in trying to resolve these issues.

Is it a bit of a shit show right now? yep.
    Will it stay a shit show? I don't think so. If more people let VirMach focus on the bigger issues to be resolved.

Is it really best if everyone just keeps going all selfish, whether justified or not, as I way to solve any issue.
    Ask yourself if you were running VirMach right now what would you do?

@msatt said: I totally respect @VirMach is trying, but just look at the complaints, he even turns round and says he may charge for tickets raised. Then will only accept tickets if they use a magic incantation.

As a consequence of the hardware and network issues there has been thousands of tickets, which are just gumming up the resolution of the real issues even more. With this many tickets you can't really read them all, so putting certain things in the title do make it faster to resolve some specific issues.

@msatt said: People need to understand that while Virmach does not wish to lie (I beleive) and has the best of intentions, his words and actions mean very little and are continuously evolving (often back to the beginning).

I expect he does this just to fuck with your head. I have for sometime believed that VirMach is funded by the Sociology and Anthropology department of the University of Southern California and we are all just part of a larger social experiment. /j

Note: Nothing I have said above is in anyway associated with VirMach. I am just some random guy writing on a Low End Forum.

Thanked by 2msatt skorous
  • JarryJarry Member

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Jarry said: Lack of transparency, no official communication

Look around you.

Yes I did. What I see is LET, which is more like side-channel desperate users use to get in touch with someone from Virmach, because there is no repply from support...

Problems of this monumental size (vps not running for weeks, no answer from support for months!) should be communicated clearly, right on the web-page. Paying customers deserve it, even if all they pay is just a few bucks for low-end vps. And what they get? Check Virmach web: full of empty corpo-speak like "amazing support" or "100% uptime guarantee".

Sh*t happens, we all know it. But clearly Virmach does not handle this crisis properly...

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@msatt said: I totally respect @VirMach is trying, but just look at the complaints, he even turns round and says he may charge for tickets raised. Then will only accept tickets if they use a magic incantation.

We've billed 0 people for creating a ticket over the last several months and in relation to any Ryzen offers. I remember telling 1 person we may have to bill him if he continued spamming tickets and using the priority department (he made like 4-5 other tickets regarding the same issue.)

We have no interest in making money off people that way, however, we also do not want people clearly abusing the system (such as creating multiple "priority" tickets for something that is not high priority.)

@FrankZ said: As a Ryzen alpha tester I take some of the responsibility for the hardware issues which are at the root of some of the problems. I should have pushed the network much harder then I did. I did push the CPU and disk hard, but not the network. Lesson learned for the next time I alpha test a node.

On top of the alpha test, we also had an entire node migrated early 1:1 from a dual E5 and everything went really well. That one is actually also on an XPG disk mostly, no failure or errors, and nothing at all wrong with networking.

I guess there are a few things we failed to simulate:

• Actual abuse. Since every alpha tester had good intentions and also (I assume) isn't a criminal, it was very locked off, and all the rest were existing customers that were not suspended. Once real network abuse came into the picture, the picture changed drastically.
    • Economics & region. We forgot to account for what the majority of people paying a certain price-point would introduce to the mix. Alpha testers and existing customers had balanced use cases but when a good chunk of the plans in a specific location become $8.88 per year specials, they'll be using it as a VPN, or disproportionately for the networking (since the plan isn't really for processing power or memory.)
    • Plan size. This kind of piggy-backs on the last point but we didn't do any testing with lots of small services. Alpha tests were large plans to try to simulate another type of more easily reproduced "abuse" (I/O and CPU.)

None of these are the fault of the alpha testers for not "abusing" it hard enough. Even if they did, it wouldn't really bring forward the issue we faced. For that to happen, we'd need lots of tiny plans transferring a low amount of traffic but at high packet quantities, all at the same time, while criminals also bulk purchase services to send spam emails, spread malware, and send out attacks.

@vdt19840 said: There is still another RYZEN vps which has been OFFLINE for about 1 month. And I submitted ticket last week, however I didn't got any responds.

We are receiving an extreme quantity of requests, all disguised as the issue you are facing. In your case, a genuine case of it being a provisioning issue on our end, you can use the priority department by clicking to report your service as offline. This will get us all the information we need in the title and it goes to the top of the queue.

Having another ticket open about the pre-order definitely made this situation worse in that our auto ticket merger caught it and merged them together, and most merged tickets these days are people spamming us for the same issue. I do understand in your case it's two separate issues and these cases definitely exist but they're in the minority. We merge something like 100 tickets per day and most of them are people creating more tickets to try to grab our attention. Perhaps it's an issue we've exasperated by falling behind but our only solution to it right now is merging tickets, putting those at the bottom of the queue, and if too many build up, mass closing them and requesting a single ticket be created. It's not great but it saves us a lot of time to be able to get to the tickets that do not involve multiple similar replies we have to read through.

To be very clear though, in your situation, for a pre-order service that did not provision correctly, worst case scenario, it will be considered as a "pending" service in the (re)creation queue and we always adjust the due dates. Yes, it's still not an ideal situation, and I'm sure you just want a functional service ASAP, but I'm just stating this because some people seem to get the wrong impression that you are losing a month of service and that we are somehow swindling people. That is not the case. It ends up being the exact same scenario as a delayed activation pre-order, where you still will get the FULL term you are owed, which only starts from the day you have a provisioned VM. In your case, it is not yet provisioned because SolusVM ran into an error during provisioning.

Here's what I recommend: Close your ticket. Do not create a ticket regarding the storage pre-order unless you want to request a refund (we can't provide updates to everyone.) Then create a single ticket in the priority department, after clicking the department related to your service being "offline."

@Jarry said:

@msatt said:

...Virmach at the moment is rubbish.

I'm sorry to agree. They are apparently hiding something. Lack of transparency, no official communication, locking out support tickets, etc., that all is sign of much more serious problem. You look at the web-page and everything seems to be normal, but this ship is sinking...

I'll accept all other criticisms, but I just do not understand how you equate any of this to lack of transparency.

@JasonM said:

Agreed.

@msatt said: Now we have servers that are supposedly provided (so customers cannot get refunds - in fact the offer said no refunds)

The LowEndTalk offer we posted allows refunds, without any questions asked.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Been a lurker from long time and seeing Virmach now this way,there is something which is not good or after all those long term offer, someone is about to deadpool ?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Jarry said: Lack of transparency

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@mgcAna said: Been a lurker from long time and seeing Virmach now this way,there is something which is not good or after all those long term offer, someone is about to deadpool ?

Anyone want to transfer any of the below BF 2021 deals to me because @mgcAna says VirMach is going to deadpool please PM me.

$2.32/yr - 3 vCPU / 3232M RAM / 23G SSD / 2323G BW / 1 IPs BUFFALO
    $4.34/yr - 3 vCPU / 3434M RAM / 43G SSD / 4343G BW / 1 IPs LOS ANGELES
    $8.38/yr - 3 vCPU / 3838M RAM / 83G SSD / 8383G BW / 1 IPs BUFFALO
    $9.92/yr - 1 vCPU / 2944M RAM / 35G SSD / 5500G BW / 1 IPs BUFFALO
    $8.84/yr - 1 vCPU / 2048M RAM / 35G SSD / 3500G BW / 1 IPs BUFFALO