Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner still the cheapest?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner still the cheapest?

Hey guys

I am searching for a cheap dedi server with 128GB RAM , 1 - 1-1.5TB Storage and a fast processor for ESXI 7 capable hosting. Of course more of the upper specs is always accepted :P

At this time I am running at a hetzner AX41 server with added RAM (it was 64GB by default), a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and 1,5TB SSD Space and 4 IPv4 for around 45 Euros per month

Is this still the cheapest thing avail?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

They are pretty much still the cheapest for that...

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

They are the cheapest but the worst. Just my 2 cents don't use them only if you are going to use cpanel directly with your server purchase. But don't purchase additional ip's with them.

• LeeLee Veteran

@AndrewSSD said: They are the cheapest but the worst. Just my 2 cents don't use them only if you are going to use cpanel directly with your server purchase. But don't purchase additional ip's with them.

lol.

• Except the IPv4 costs, they're still cheapest hardware wise.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • tsofttsoft Member

@AndrewSSD said:
    They are the cheapest but the worst.

Why ? List reasons except cpanel

@tsoft said:

@AndrewSSD said:

Ip costs and setup fees for them is so expensive that's why i said if you have a project with single or two ips which the additional ip will cost you more money plus it's fees, So if you wanted to get /29 ipv4 which costs around $6.40 in other hosting companies it will cost you at hetzner please check the following price list from their website for /29 ipv4 range.

One additional subnet /29 (Price (monthly): € 13.60 / Setup (once): € 152.00)

And this is the cost for the additional ip

Their hardware is very cheap but their ips are so expensive so the only benefits you will get from hetzner is their hardware which is already cheap with ssds , That's why hetzner is offering their hardware with really cheap prices because no one will purchase without it's additional ip's.

Their network speed / hardware i recommend them for everyone but why not recommending them is their ips costs as you can get the same servers with another companies but with cheap ip's.

• @AndrewSSD said:

@tsoft said:

@AndrewSSD said:

Ip costs and setup fees for them is so expensive that's why i said if you have a project with single or two ips which the additional ip will cost you more money plus it's fees, So if you wanted to get /29 ipv4 which costs around $6.40 in other hosting companies it will cost you at hetzner please check the following price list from their website for /29 ipv4 range.

Their hardware is very cheap but their ips are so expensive so the only benefits you will get from hetzner is their hardware which is already cheap with ssds , That's why hetzner is offering their hardware with really cheap prices because no one will purchase without it's additional ip's.

Their network speed / hardware i recommend them for everyone but why not recommending them is their ips costs as you can get the same servers with another companies but with cheap ip's.

that's not a problem. some providers use them and tunnel it through ovh ip or something.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
    edited May 2022

@cybertech said:

@AndrewSSD said:

@tsoft said:

@AndrewSSD said:

that's not a problem. some providers use them and tunnel it through ovh ip or something.

That's true but for most of us not using other providers ip's is still so expensive. For example i wanted to lease and announce /24 ipv4 with hetzner for some of our servers one of their support staff told us this is going to cost us more than expected that's what i got from them through our email address

one-time fees: € 1,338.20
    monthly costs total (without server costs): € 645.76

But anything with hetzner except the ip costs and any other solution which will help anyone to get the server hardware + ips for cheap costs this would be great then.

• not really

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

It looks like IPv4 crisis is affecting Hetzner most, while others have hiked prices but Hetzner's price hike is like as if they want to deter people from buying more Ipv4.

• ralfralf Member

They want to deter people from buying ANY IPv4

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

It looks like they do not want to increase price of servers and instead they want to have long term committed customers by charging huge IPv4 setup fees by which they also make $$$ instantly.