Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi old order form seems still working
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi old order form seems still working

jason5545jason5545 Member
edited May 2022 in Providers

Kimsufi old order form seems still working, in the front page it shows to order on OVH eco, but if use the old link ie. https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=2201sk012 seems still be able to place an order.

Comments

• ralfralf Member
    edited May 2022

TBH, I don't understand why they need so many order systems!

My KS-1 was on some really old control panel.
    My KS-LE-1 is on some other control panel, that requires a completely new login etc.
    My KS-1 was apparently migrated to OVHcloud, but the control panel still goes to the old system.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • @ralf said:
    My KS-1 was apparently migrated to OVHcloud, but the control panel still goes to the old system.

How you did that? I thought they haven't started migration yet.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • ralfralf Member

I didn't do anything. Their emails just started all coming from OVHcloud from February last year, and whenever I log in etc I get emails about my connection to OVHcloud etc. The control panel still looks the same as it always did, so maybe it's just rebranding and the services will continue to remain where they are. According to my emails, the next time I logged in after that though, I did have to reset my password, so who knows.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

It's a very confusing system. I still use my old kimsufi links to renew, and they work fine, nothing has changed despite their emails.

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@jason5545 said: Kimsufi old order form seems still working

What would be the benefit of using the older form?

• @rm_ said:

The eco line is only available to "OVH global", which is different from "OVH cloud." People from US can no longer create an OVH global account, meaning unless you already have one, you won't be able to get these kimsufi servers through ovhcloud.

• @rm_ said:

@jason5545 said: Kimsufi old order form seems still working

And old form seems to be restock quicker.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

We encourage customers to order via eco.ovhcloud.com, you will benefit from a monthly payment option (Old Kimsufi order system was an upfront payment only) and they are new currencies available (depending on your location - see some links below).
    Future promotions will be also happening exclusively on eco.ovhcloud.com (no longer in the old Kimsufi order system). As for the control panel, the Kimsufi control panel shall be migrated to the OVHcloud control panel later this year.
    Regarding availability of servers between the 2 ordering systems, it should be aligned now, but do let me know if you see a gap on a specific reference.

NB: For those in Australia/Asia-Pacific, the eco.ovhcloud.com portal now allows customers to order via:

Thanked by 2jason5545 ralf