Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Ocean new pricing starting July 1 2022
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digital Ocean new pricing starting July 1 2022

rchurchrchurch Member
edited May 2022 in General

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Was it ever LET worthy? Most people here don't care about standard $5/GB VPS like DO, Vultr, etc.

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • @MikeA said:
    Was it ever LET worthy? Most people here don't care about standard $5/GB VPS like DO, Vultr, etc.

Hourly billing is good if you need a temporary VPN (e.g. the Olympics). Especially since if the IP is blocked by the BBC or whoever you can just tear it down and set up a new one for a new IP. Other than that I don't think I've used DO in a very long time.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@MallocVoidstar said:

@MikeA said:

Hourly billing is good if you need a temporary VPN (e.g. the Olympics). Especially since if the IP is blocked by the BBC or whoever you can just tear it down and set up a new one for a new IP. Other than that I don't think I've used DO in a very long time.

So many cheap VPNs out there, taking the time to setup hourly billed DO VPS every time and destroying it to get a new IP isn't possible to most people (if they even know how to manage servers).

This discussion has been closed.