Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for U.S. DDOS Protected VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for U.S. DDOS Protected VPS

Hey all,

I've know of/use BuyVM & Kubbur for 1GB KVMs with Path.net ddos protection. One is $6.50 usd per month and the other is $5 euros per month.

Any other hosts offer the 'full' Path.net ddos protection for maybe a bit cheaper?

BuyVM and Kubbur are both pretty stable, so I would want to pay less and loose stability, but I would like to pay less :) .

Need 1gb KVM w/ SSD and only interested in USA locations.

Comments

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

leveloneservers.com / @Ian_Dot_Tech has KVM VPS for $4.00 and I believe uses Path.net.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@LordSpock said:
    leveloneservers.com / @Ian_Dot_Tech has KVM VPS for $4.00 and I believe uses Path.net.

Thanks for the tag!
    @JoeMerit all of our services in both Tampa, FL and Dallas, TX are protected by Path.net DDoS protection.
    Feel free to check us out!
    https://leveloneservers.com/

• jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred

@InceptionHosting it's €2.50/mo for 1GB https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=35 but it's not path, they're using corero for ddos protect and they're on @Clouvider network :)

• @JoeMerit said:
    Hey all,

BuyVM and Kubbur are both pretty stable, so I would want to pay less and loose stability, but I would like to pay less :) .

Need 1gb KVM w/ SSD and only interested in USA locations.

Depends, are you wanting to push lots of bandwidth or just have protection? Any cheaper host isn't going to offer unmetered bandwidth unless they're an OVH reseller or something similar.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2022

Sorry, removed, OP wants PATH.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@DataIdeas-Josh should have it soon (or now, I know it’s been a work in progress)

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

Thanks. I'd take suggestions for stuff other than Path.net protection as well, but it has to be in the U.S.

My favorite hosts are Vultr and DigitalOcean and Hetzner Cloud , but if I get an attack on those, I have to worry about my bandwidth allotment being run through and then coming home to a big additional bandwidth payment. (I have unlimited grandfathered bandwidth at DigitalOcean so maybe that would work for me though!)

Meh, looked at available options and saving a few bucks isn't worth it, the cpu benchmarks I get at buyvm Miami are kind of underwhelming but the stability is great.

• sotssots Member
    edited May 2022

Some racknerd or cloudcone vps may have ddos protection and they're cheap enough.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@JoeMerit said:
    Meh, looked at available options and saving a few bucks isn't worth it, the cpu benchmarks I get at buyvm Miami are kind of underwhelming but the stability is great.

If you want to try out one of my U.S. locations send me a PM or ticket and I'll let you try it out.

• Los Angeles California (ReliableSite)
    • Miami Florida (ReliableSite)
    • Vint Hill Virginia (OVH Game)
    • Dallas Texas (Hivelocity)
    • Seattle (Soontm)

https://dal.lg.extravm.com (Click location in the drop down box to go to other looking glass locations, MIA and LAX are IPv6 only to save IPv4.)

Miami and Los Angeles of course have ReliableSite's network and mitigation, Virginia has OVH Game protection which has the additional UDP filtering on top of normal mitigation. All locations run on Ryzen 3800X or 3900X, all have NVMe SSDs, most have unmetered bandwidth. Over time customers in the U.S. locations will be moved over to the new VirtFusion panel as well (France and some other plans/locations already have been.)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

Thanks @MikeA , I have tried your services and will probably be back.

• @MikeA said:
    If you want to try out one of my U.S. locations send me a PM or ticket and I'll let you try it out.

• Los Angeles California (ReliableSite)
    • Miami Florida (ReliableSite)
    • Vint Hill Virginia (OVH Game)
    • Dallas Texas (Hivelocity)
    • Seattle (Soontm)

Is Dallas protected by FENS or are you not using Hivelocity mitigagion? Also, interested in who you'll end up picking for Seattle, would be nice to have some diverse provider options there in the LE space.

@LiliLabs said:
    Is Dallas protected by FENS or are you not using Hivelocity mitigagion?

Dallas uses the Hivelocity network directly, but clients there generally don't receive attacks -- I've never used the inline/paid option, but I think I will go ahead and add it. Seattle isn't really a priority since Los Angeles generally gives similar latency to Asia and western U.S. but it will come.

@MikeA does that increase the protection level past 10 gigabit? the thing you are saying you will add in Dallas.

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

Our location in Los Angeles which have an Asian Optimized Network, We can setup the KVM server for only $2.5/Mo ofcourse with ssd

edited May 2022

@JoeMerit said:
    @MikeA does that increase the protection level past 10 gigabit? the thing you are saying you will add in Dallas.

Only difference is the paid option filters 24/7. Right now it filters after an attack is detected so there's <1m of loss. I'm pretty sure their DDoS mitigation is just best effort up to whatever they can handle without impact, they don't advertise or mention any limits now days. Also some Dallas servers are connected at 10Gbps, so most attacks don't make much of an impact anyways since most are smaller.

• @MikeA said:

@JoeMerit said:

Only difference is the paid option filters 24/7. Right now it filters after an attack is detected so there's <1m of loss. I'm pretty sure their DDoS mitigation is just best effort up to whatever they can handle without impact, they don't advertise or mention any limits now days. Also some Dallas servers are connected at 10Gbps, so most attacks don't make much of an impact anyways since most are smaller.

Hi, Do you provide rDNS on your OVH servers in North America?

@fadedmaple said:
    Hi, Do you provide rDNS on your OVH servers in North America?

Yeah, clients can modify rDNS, network firewalls, and mitigation status for servers in OVH locations from the billing panel.

https://extravm.com/billing/knowledgebase/80/IP-Management.html

• Thanks everyone, after a few weeks of looking around I ended up with ExtraVM at some of @MikeA 's OVH locations. Not quite the Path.net I was looking for but permanent OVH DDOS GAME mitigation on Ryzen servers looks to be good too :). I'll let everyone know how it goes in a few weeks or so.

Thanked by 1MikeA