Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using the Solus API
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Using the Solus API

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Been playing with this module:

https://github.com/bensnyde/py-solusvm-api

I have generated an API key + hash in the Solus panel. But I notice that a fork says:

"You can create one in SolusVM under Configuration > API Users > Create API User."

I'm not the Solus admin, just an average user. Does the provider need to do something? Or is the API intended more for the admin rather than the average user?

Comments

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep

It seems really old, probably SolusVM changed a lot on the API side in these 6 years, probably it'll not work anymore.

Thanked by 1devp
  • devpdevp Member
    edited May 2022

@LowHosting said:
    It seems really old, probably SolusVM changed a lot on the API side in these 6 years, probably it'll not work anymore.

Docs Link the py-solusvm-api python script are directing to 404. They may belong to older versions that was active when script was originally written.

@raindog308 said: I notice that a fork

Python Script in Fork also using same links that are directing to 404.

@raindog308
    You can learn from the script and make your own as per New SolusVM Docs and SoluVM Support Forum

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@LowHosting said:

I dunno, Solus has stagnated a lot since onapp took over. More progress since plesk took over, but still not as much as that.

• VirtFusionVirtFusion Member
    edited May 2022

That talks to the admin API. If you’re an end user it won’t work.

Thanked by 1LowHosting
  • 0x650x65 Member
    edited May 2022

Admin API and Client API have different endpoints and features. You are probably trying to connect to Admin API.

I am not sure if SolusVM has a Client API. New version, Solus.io, has one though.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Got it - thanks all!