Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media V1000 Series -- -25% UP TO 8TB AND 3YEARS TERM! 1.31€/TB UNMETERED SEEDBOX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media V1000 Series -- -25% UP TO 8TB AND 3YEARS TERM! 1.31€/TB UNMETERED SEEDBOX

PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

V1000 series is a Value orientated entry level seedbox series. Turns out we have petabytes of capacity vacant now that most of the 12th anniversary raffles has cancelled, exactly as expected prior.

So here's a sweet deal for You guys! This offer is valid only for 1 week. No limit on how many per person tho :)

We just updated generally our pricing to get 3year -30% deals going on, you can compound this offer with that one! :) Pricing mentioned below is the monthly pricing.

V1000 1Gbps Seedbox Series

Payment methods

• Paypal
  • Crypto (BTC, LTC, XMR, ETH, DOGE and many others.)

Comments

• mcgreemcgree Member

qBittorrent is good for me.

• szymonpszymonp Member

@mcgree said:

Have you ever heard the phrase "don't want it, don't buy it"? If you don't need a seedbox just ignore the post...

• MerlincoolMerlincool Member
    edited May 2022

Links are not redirecting me to proper pricing.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@szymonp said:

@mcgree said:

Have you ever heard the phrase "don't want it, don't buy it"? If you don't need a seedbox just ignore the post...

Sir, you may have misunderstood, they maybe simply be commenting on their pleasure at seeing qBitTorrent as an option on these fine packages, do you not think?

Thanked by 1risharde
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Merlincool said:
    Links are not redirecting me to proper pricing.

Pricing updates on checkout page.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited May 2022

I feel like you should be a little bit more transparent that you limit http downloads to 80mbps.
    Edit: Maybe needs more clarifying, so don't take my word at this time.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    I feel like you should be a little bit more transparent that you limit http downloads to 80mbps.

Sir, is that what's going on? I feel like this is a relatively recent practice if so.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Nekki said:

@tr1cky said:

Sir, is that what's going on? I feel like this is a relatively recent practice if so.

I feel like my initial response was wrong, but maybe @PulsedMedia can clarify:

I was probably wrong and single connections are limited to 80mbps, you can have 16 connections on the page that is password protected and 8 on the public page.
    Would mean that you can theoretically download at 640mbps or 1280mbps.

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited May 2022

@tr1cky said:

@Nekki said:

@tr1cky said:

I feel like my initial response was wrong, but maybe @PulsedMedia can clarify:

I was probably wrong and single connections are limited to 80mbps, you can have 16 connections on the page that is password protected and 8 on the public page.
    Would mean that you can theoretically download at 640mbps or 1280mbps.

Yep. lighttp is throttled. Not a big deal though.
    The real problem is their Pulsed Media Support i.e. PMS.

connection.kbytes-per-second = 102400
    server.kbytes-per-second = 204800

edit: oh. and their attitude towards customers. better do due diligence and search reviews before clicking order button ;)

Thanked by 2msallak1 bulbasaur
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@foitin said:
    Yep. lighttp is throttled. Not a big deal though.

I don't notice any problem with lighttpd traffic shaping.
    I can stream 1080p video (4GB/hour) from my account without feeling laggy.

Their uplinks are often congested, and older nodes lack BBR congestion control algorithm.
    I gave up haggling with support for route adjustments from time to time.
    Instead, I made a WireGuard tunnel to my server in France, and then made a reverse proxy to PulsedMedia.
    This way, TCP CUBIC terminates within Europe, and then it's TCP BBR for the long haul.
    Since the reverse proxy binds on wg0 interface, it's not publicly accessible, so that my France server won't receive DMCA notices; it would only appear as a client downloading from PulsedMedia in HTTPS connection.

The real problem is their Pulsed Media Support i.e. PMS.

PMS agreed to be a weekend punching bag last time.

• foitinfoitin Member

@yoursunny said:

I don't notice any problem with lighttpd traffic shaping.
    I can stream 1080p video (4GB/hour) from my account without feeling laggy.

Not so smooth from Nordic to East Asia. 1080p streaming is smooth enough but 4k stutters intermittently.
    (HEL - AMS - LON - JFK - LAX - Pacific is like :/ no Russia route before and won't be in the future cuz you know)

Their uplinks are often congested, and older nodes lack BBR congestion control algorithm.

Are you sure BBR is not enabled?
    There's no BBR congestion setting in /etc/sysctl.conf but is it a 100% confirmation?
    BBR is not enabled by default even on 5.x kernel IIRC.

I gave up haggling with support for route adjustments from time to time.
    Instead, I made a WireGuard tunnel to my server in France, and then made a reverse proxy to PulsedMedia.
    This way, TCP CUBIC terminates within Europe, and then it's TCP BBR for the long haul.
    Since the reverse proxy binds on wg0 interface, it's not publicly accessible, so that my France server won't receive DMCA notices; it would only appear as a client downloading from PulsedMedia in HTTPS connection.

I gave up asking them to enable BBR as well, knowing how their PMS works.
    How do you install/setup wireguard without root permission though?

• Are those price recurring?

@foitin said:
    Are you sure BBR is not enabled?
    There's no BBR congestion setting in /etc/sysctl.conf but is it a 100% confirmation?
    BBR is not enabled by default even on 5.x kernel IIRC.

Command to check TCP congestion control:

sunny@vps4:~$ /sbin/sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control
    net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = bbr

It would usually say either cubic or bbr.

Traffic flows like this:

PulsedMedia --- box1 --- tablet

Left side link is a TLS connection using TCP CUBIC, within Europe.
    Right side link is a plain HTTP connection using TCP BBR, inside a WireGuard tunnel, over the Atlantic.

I don't setup WireGuard in PulsedMedia account.
    It's only installed on box1 in France (needs KVM and root privilege) and on the tablet (mobile app).

If you really want to have WireGuard and even BBR inside PulsedMedia account without needing root privilege, it's possible to do so, but you need to use usermode network stack.
    golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard/tun/netstack package is a starting point, then it's a lot of coding.

• foitinfoitin Member

@yoursunny said:

Command to check TCP congestion control:

sunny@vps4:~$ /sbin/sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control
    net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = bbr

It would usually say either cubic or bbr.

I thought sysctl requires root permission but it turns out it doesn't. Thx.

Traffic flows like this:

PulsedMedia --- box1 --- tablet

Left side link is a TLS connection using TCP CUBIC, within Europe.
    Right side link is a plain HTTP connection using TCP BBR, inside a WireGuard tunnel, over the Atlantic.

I don't setup WireGuard in PulsedMedia account.
    It's only installed on box1 in France (needs KVM and root privilege) and on the tablet (mobile app).

If you really want to have WireGuard and even BBR inside PulsedMedia account without needing root privilege, it's possible to do so, but you need to use usermode network stack.
    golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard/tun/netstack package is a starting point, then it's a lot of coding.

I thought you set up a tunnel between box1 and PMS.

BTW. Is it possible to mount PMStorage on other KVM VPS via NFS as storage, and mount local iso image on PMS seedbox without root permission? fuseiso doesn't work.

• I don't know how you guys put up with streaming remotely rather than from local. The buffering, the added latency when fast forwarding or reversing, network outages, etc.

Just use syncthing or resilio to automatically transfer it locally when downloaded to the seedbox. Because it happens more or less as soon as the file is ready and not requiring manual intervention, you'll have it by when you want it.

• oh ffs now im going to have noisy neighbours

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Merlincool said:
    Are those price recurring?

I don’t believe so, but you can check on the order pay, it states the recurring price, if I recall correctly.

@TimboJones said:
    I don't know how you guys put up with streaming remotely rather than from local. The buffering, the added latency when fast forwarding or reversing, network outages, etc.

Just use syncthing or resilio to automatically transfer it locally when downloaded to the seedbox. Because it happens more or less as soon as the file is ready and not requiring manual intervention, you'll have it by when you want it.

FBI shows up and checks your hard drive.
    They find pirated movie in your hard drive.
    You are going to jail for having downloaded pirated movie.

FBI shows up and checks my tablet.
    They find WireGuard private key on my tablet.
    They see pirated movie in my PulsedMedia account
    They still cannot take me to jail because they cannot prove pirated movie is ever downloaded into USA.
    I tell the judge that I have downloaded them for my relative who lives in China where DMCA does not apply.
    I'm not going to jail.

Thanked by 2cybertech bulbasaur
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@TimboJones said:
    I don't know how you guys put up with streaming remotely rather than from local. The buffering, the added latency when fast forwarding or reversing, network outages, etc.

Sir, my personal experience is that I have an equivalent, if not better experience from my remote Plex server when compared with many commercial services on the market.

Of course, I am not using Pulsed Media.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • @yoursunny said:

@TimboJones said:

They still cannot take me to jail because they cannot prove pirated movie is ever downloaded into USA.
    I tell the judge that I have downloaded them for my relative who lives in China where DMCA does not apply.
    I'm not going to jail.

That's not how any of this works.

• @TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:

@TimboJones said:

I'm not going to jail.

That's not how any of this works.

exactly. FBI ain't got time fo dis.

Still available for a couple more days btw :)

• Make it 50% discount+double bw for the last few days of promo! o:)

• ermyasermyas Member

Check your dm ;)

@itoshikimonset said:
    Make it 50% discount+double bw for the last few days of promo! o:)

Certainly, with 4x base price ;)

Thanked by 1itoshikimonset
  • kalipuskalipus Member

will there be new promos on shorter terms soon?