Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realiable storage from reliable providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Realiable storage from reliable providers

risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
edited May 2022 in Requests

Hi guys, looking for reliable storage from reliable providers. Let me clarify, I'm looking for storage providers that you've used for over 2 years without failures. If you know any that have been in business for 5 years, even better (since deadpooling would be an issue I really don't want to have to deal with). Looking for something production but also affordable but production is more important in my priority list.

Not looking for cloud storage like Google Drive, One drive that sort of thing. VPS preferrable for SFTP access + unlimited bandwidth would be nice to have but a deal breaker if it isn't.

Thanks for your time and help!

EDIT: Budget $2.50 - $8 for space between 500 GB to 1 TB (IT MUST BE AT LEAST RAID 1)

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Can any of you vouch for Servarica? Any data loss moments? Plans seem to be resonably prices with unlimited bw BUT a limit of 3 per customer is my only potential deal breaker atm.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • @servarica_hani @LiteServer @hosthatch should all do nicely. Really premium providers.

• @risharde said:
    Can any of you vouch for Servarica? Any data loss moments? Plans seem to be resonably prices with unlimited bw BUT a limit of 3 per customer is my only potential deal breaker atm.

MASSIVE vouch for servarica, Hani is a super cool dude, no data loss in over a year with them, fast performance, amazing global network, and some extremely redundant (and cool) infrastructure. The limit of 3 per customer is just for the promo stuff, but I think you can get that lifted if you ticket. Overall a really nice provider, I'd even say prod worthy. Still waiting for them to do dedicated servers though :(

@LiliLabs said:
    @servarica_hani @LiteServer @hosthatch should all do nicely. Really premium providers.

Thanks for tagging these providers for me. I also just realized BuyVM @Francisco offers the slice + slab which I think would cost about $8 per TB (please confirm if you can @Francisco).

Thanked by 1LiteServer

@LiliLabs said:

@risharde said:

MASSIVE vouch for servarica, Hani is a super cool dude, no data loss in over a year with them, fast performance, amazing global network, and some extremely redundant (and cool) infrastructure. The limit of 3 per customer is just for the promo stuff, but I think you can get that lifted if you ticket. Overall a really nice provider, I'd even say prod worthy. Still waiting for them to do dedicated servers though :(

Yep it has to be production as much as possible. While crap happens, I need to greatly reduce this (maybe if I get 2 providers with similar plans that match but different infra to avoid eggs in one basket)

• BuyVM slabs are cool but also impossible to get. Until Fran gets his stock in order I've stopped recommending them just because it's hard to plan around the lack of stock. Obviously a good thing for Fran since he's not sitting on any unsold infra, and well worth it if you're down to wait. I just recommended providers where you can click buy and get storage in minutes vs days.

Thanked by 1risharde

@LiliLabs said:
    BuyVM slabs are cool but also impossible to get. Until Fran gets his stock in order I've stopped recommending them just because it's hard to plan around the lack of stock. Obviously a good thing for Fran since he's not sitting on any unsold infra, and well worth it if you're down to wait. I just recommended providers where you can click buy and get storage in minutes vs days.

Ahh good point, I was assuming it was available, thanks for the heads up!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AlphaVPS have storage VPS in your price range, been a great provider for years.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Correct, the first 1TB is $8.50/month since you need a slice as well.

Past that it's just $5/TB/month if you just want storage.

Working on stock :)

Francisco

Thanked by 2risharde dedicados

@Nekki said:

Thanks Nekki, appreciate the recommendation!

@Francisco said:
    Correct, the first 1TB is $8.50/month since you need a slice as well.

Past that it's just $5/TB/month if you just want storage.

Working on stock :)

Francisco

Thanks @Francisco - looking forward to it!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@risharde said:

@Nekki said:

Thanks Nekki, appreciate the recommendation!

You’re welcome!

Unlike Fran’s mysterious chocolate factory, @AlexBarakov almost always has stock.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@LiliLabs said:

@risharde said:

Dedicated servers arrived last week and some installed in the datacenter already but most still in the office in front of me now

We should get the disks next week (delayed as we opted for brand new disks )

I would say we should be ready within a month hopefully as we need to do many tests on the hardware before start renting it

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Some have already been mentioned but these would be my recommendations when it comes to storage-related VPSs.

In no particular order:

I believe @hostens and @interservermike also has Storage VPSs.

Thanked by 2alwyzon risharde

@servarica_hani said:

@LiliLabs said:

@risharde said:

Dedicated servers arrived last week and some installed in the datacenter already but most still in the office in front of me now

I would say we should be ready within a month hopefully as we need to do many tests on the hardware before start renting it

Is it possible for your to bend that 3 per customer limit - looking at something business wise if you can, please advise? Thanks!

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@risharde said:

@servarica_hani said:

@LiliLabs said:

@risharde said:

Is it possible for your to bend that 3 per customer limit - looking at something business wise if you can, please advise? Thanks!

We are not applying the limit for the last 2 months
    I think we should update our website to remove it

The reason it was added is to givre everyone chance initially now that no longer the case

Thanks
    Hani

Thanked by 2risharde dahartigan

@servarica_hani said:

@risharde said:

@servarica_hani said:

@LiliLabs said:

@risharde said:

I think we should update our website to remove it

The reason it was added is to givre everyone chance initially now that no longer the case

Thanks
    Hani

Thanks Hani, that's great news!

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • tetechtetech Member

@DP said:
    Some have already been mentioned but these would be my recommendations when it comes to storage-related VPSs.

In no particular order:

I believe @hostens and @interservermike also has Storage VPSs.

In $/TB/mo:

AlphaVPS $1.73 (3TB+) up to $2.60 (0.5TB)
    LiteServer $10
    Alwyzon $4.32 (20TB) up to $6 (1TB)
    GreenCloud $5-7
    Servarica $2-3

Thanked by 1risharde
  • interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

Ours are $6 per 1TB and 20% off with coupon LET-MARCH-10

https://www.interserver.net/vps/storage.html

Thanked by 1risharde
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@risharde
    We have a couple of different options.
    If want something with high speed storage for like a file site then I would recommend our VPS Storage line.
    https://my2.dataideas.com/store/intel-xeon-storage-vps-dedicated-cpu
    Otherwise you can get our Intel Xeon line https://my2.dataideas.com/store/intel-xeon-kvm-vps and addon what storage you need.
    https://my2.dataideas.com/store/addons/aliendata-intel-xeon-vps-addon-storage
    We can either add it on as a secondary drive or the main drive.

We are located in Spring, Texas (near Houston)
    http://looking.dataideas.com is our Looking Glass.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Hetzner Storage Box

Thanked by 1risharde
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Have used Hetzner Storage Box in the past. Good,

Currently storing my linux ISOs on BuyVM's slice since 2019. No issues or downtime that I can recollect.

Does the job.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • JabJabJabJab Member

servarica_hani said: Is it

@default 👀

• @risharde said: Can any of you vouch for Servarica?

servarica is pretty solid, i have 5 or 6 server with them, 100% uptime. very happy.

• @alwyzon

excellent provider

Thanked by 2alwyzon risharde
  • @risharde said:

Vouching for them. Been rock solid, never had a single data loss incident, barely had downtime. It's one of them services that works, I forget about having it because it never causes problems.