Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mevspace | News, infos & chatting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mevspace | News, infos & chatting

MevspaceMevspace Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2022 in Providers

Hello, LET members!

We opened this discussion mainly to provide news and information about Mevspace and also to have a chance to chit chat with you - to get to know your opinions and expectations B)

Mevspace is a hosting provider. We have been offering dedicated servers for 10 years (previously as Skynode.eu). We use our own Data Center located near Warsaw. Mevspace is selling dedicated servers worldwide - we have customers from over 100 countries.

We try to be a flexible hosting company, that's why we accept cryptocurrencies, and we don't interfere with our Clients' servers as long as they comply with the law.

We are always open to discussions and suggestions from our clients :)

Over the last 2 years, we have grown and significantly expanded our network. A summary is below:

A few weeks ago we started direct peering to Orange Polska in our Wyszków Data Center.

Here you have an example of a traceroute from consumer Orange Polska Fiber client (Warsaw location):

My traceroute [v0.94]
xxxxx (192.168.0.87) -> 185.16.39.102 2022-03-08T10:40:36+0100
Keys: Help Display mode Restart statistics Order of fields quit
Packets Pings
Host Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
1. 192.168.0.1 0.0% 166 0.3 0.2 0.2 0.5 0.0
2. lan.home 0.0% 166 0.6 0.5 0.5 3.3 0.2
3. war-bng4.neo.tpnet.pl 0.0% 166 5.8 6.6 2.2 58.8 7.8
4. war-r11.tpnet.pl 0.0% 166 5.4 9.9 1.8 44.4 8.0
5. war-ar5.tpnet.pl 0.0% 166 20.6 7.8 1.8 68.0 10.8
6. 195.116.155.237 0.0% 165 5.8 5.6 3.2 59.8 5.2
7. 185.16.39.102 0.0% 165 3.6 5.2 3.2 16.6 1.3

It decreased latency for our clients by over 30ms.

We started in 2020 with just 2 transit providers and one Internet Exchange Point.
Up to this moment we released or upgraded our interconnections by over nx100Gbps of bandwidth.

• We connected TATA Communications transit provider of network capacity and upgraded Cogent and Hurricane interconnections.
  • We are now at three independent IX'es based on 3 geological locations in Poland with a summary capacity of 100 Gbit.
  • We established public peering with Microsoft (Azure) and Amazon which increased the performance and stability to the biggest cloud operators.
  • We are in the progress of building PNI (private network interconnection) with Google and Amazon.

If you want to know more visit our Mevspace website. Or if you want to ask some questions write them in this discussion.
For individual questions, please feel free to contact us on private message, chat on the Mevspace website or email us at [email protected].

More news about us soon. ;)

Thanked by 1evilmalamute

Comments

• Just wondering, what were the reasons for the rebranding from skynode to mevspace?

• Why are there no offers with HDD (instead of NVME)?
    If it is possible what price will be for Ryzen3600 with BASIC2022 and 2x2TB HDD?

• @NoComment said:
    Just wondering, what were the reasons for the rebranding from skynode to mevspace?

Because they are totally not IP spoofing. xD

• |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    |                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
    |                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
    |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
    |                             funbox.home -    0 |  180 |  180 |    0 |    0 |    2 |    2 |
    |                   war-bng5.neo.tpnet.pl -    0 |  180 |  180 |    2 |    6 |   60 |    8 |
    |                        war-r12.tpnet.pl -    0 |  180 |  180 |    1 |    4 |   40 |   13 |
    |                        war-ar5.tpnet.pl -    6 |  148 |  140 |    1 |    8 |   80 |    6 |
    |                         195.116.155.237 -    0 |  180 |  180 |    3 |    5 |   61 |    7 |
    |                           185.16.39.102 -    0 |  180 |  180 |    3 |    5 |   17 |    7 |
    |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
       WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Can confirm, peer from Orange pretty damn nice.
    Now only to wait for -80% promo prices so I could afford anything.

Thanked by 2Mevspace dedicados
  • TejyTejy Member

May I ask you, what was the price of your datacenter based on a container?
    Is it really worth it compared to a classic datacenter?

Thanked by 1Mevspace
  • afnafn Member
    edited April 2022

@SashkaPro said: Why are there no offers with HDD (instead of NVME)?
    If it is possible what price will be for Ryzen3600 with BASIC2022 and 2x2TB HDD?

They do offer extra HDD drives, iirc 4TB for like 8€ or 9€. So you can still create your own config. But I agree with you, having the base in HDD an adding 1 NVMe for OS as an extra is what I do usually with Hetzner and would be good to see it with mevspace too. Or if they can at least offer to exchange 1 of the the default drives for some discount on the extra drives.

• MevspaceMevspace Member, Patron Provider

@NoComment said:
    Just wondering, what were the reasons for the rebranding from skynode to mevspace?

We had other products that were already operating under the Mev... brand, so the overarching goal was to unify the brand. Secondly, there were times when we were confused with skynode.pro (even though we were the first ones on the market).

@SashkaPro said:
    Why are there no offers with HDD (instead of NVME)?

Technologically, we could offer something like this, but we have built the current platform according to the majority of customers' expectations. We offer HDDs as an additional option to the current configurations. Who knows, maybe if we receive many requests for such configs they will appear in our offer in the future :)

Thanked by 2SashkaPro afn
  • Can you offer anything comparable to a sys-sat-1?

@Tejy said:
    May I ask you, what was the price of your datacenter based on a container?
    Is it really worth it compared to a classic datacenter?

Great question! We will prepare a long post because it is not a simple answer. In some aspects, yes, and in some aspects no.
    For example, it would be cheaper to build a hall, but it is safer to divide the infrastructure into containers.
    You touched on a very interesting topic, and we will be happy to share our technology with you :)

Thanked by 2fan adly
  • afnafn Member

@Mevspace said: Technologically, we could offer something like this, but we have built the current platform according to the majority of customers' expectations. We offer HDDs as an additional option to the current configurations. Who knows, maybe if we receive many requests for such configs they will appear in our offer in the future

I am adding another vote to HDD based config

Thanked by 1Mevspace

@jugganuts said:
    Can you offer anything comparable to a sys-sat-1?

Not now, but who knows what we will present in the future :)

• I have to say I've been extremely impressed with my server I got from you, glad to see your network expanding! +1 on the HDD request, I think there's a fantastic market for cheaper storage boxes that you'd be able to fill.

Thanked by 2afn Mevspace

@LiliLabs @afn @SashkaPro If you can tell me which configuration you would like to see with HDD disks. I see that there are a few people interested, so I will send the information to the person responsible for new products :wink:

• @Mevspace said:
    @LiliLabs @afn @SashkaPro If you can tell me which configuration you would like to see with HDD disks. I see that there are a few people interested, so I will send the information to the person responsible for new products :wink:

Looking at your site, it seems like you have a lot of 6TB disks. Maybe ryzen 5 3600, 2x512gb nvme, 2-4x6tb hdd?

Thanked by 1Mevspace
  • storage dedis... give me a cpu within the last 10 years with different 4x?tb configs. ram can be any ecc modules 16+gb

Thanked by 1Mevspace
  • afnafn Member
    edited April 2022

I won't ask for different old CPUs, that will add a lot of hassle/cost, different motherboards, etc. And they already have great variety of CPUs (from 6 cores to 12 cores) as it is for good prices . Though if they plan to extend CPU choices, add some 12th gen intel CPUs. I see you added 8700, which is a very good start btw, good job.

@mevspace To answer the question, I personally use hybrid configs. 1 main SSD for OS and 2x6 or 2x8TB drives (or even 2x 4TB will do). Which is Why I usually use Hetzner, I simply get their storage config from AX and EX line, throw an additional SSD for like 7€ month, and I am ready to go.

Another great option to suggest that will give you an edge over Hetzner, (tho a bit challenging atm due to shortage) is to add the ability to upgrade the GPU for a monthly fee or 1 time upgrade fee. Hetzner had that afaik, but sadly they stopped. Consider that please on the list of suggestions :smile:

Thanks

• @afn said:

Another great option to suggest that will give you an edge over Hetzner, (tho a bit challenging atm due to shortage) is to add the ability to upgrade the GPU for a monthly fee or 1 time upgrade fee. Hetzner had that afaik, but sadly they stopped. Consider that please on the list of suggestions :smile:

Agreed, even a gtx 1050 would be fantastic since nvenc would be an option then.

edited May 2022

Hi, LET members!
    New service at Mevspace

BACKUP SPACE!

On this occasion we offer for you:

-60% on BACKUP SPACE.
    With the code: BACKUP22

The discount code is permanent, which means that it is active for the entire time you use the service.

What is A Backup Space from Mevspace?
    Backup Space is a safe space to store your data and recover it at any time. Choose space from 100 GB to as much as 16 TB. 
    It is up to you to implement a backup tool to suit your requirements, or you can do it manually.

Promotion lasts till 31.05.2022 :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

https://mevspace.com/backup-space

Just to make it easy for everyone.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

20€ for 1TB with the discount applied, not sure if that'll get you sales here tbh.

Thanked by 3afn szymonp TimboJones
  • eriseris Member

Against 5TB for 12 euro at Hetzner no way ...

Thanked by 1afn
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

MEV

Thanked by 1neverain
  • afnafn Member

16TB is 320€/month after discount...
    Vs € 36.90€/month @ Hetzner for 20TB...

Even if we you have redundancy, it is still cheaper to rent like an entire 16TB dedi + hetzner box

Not only it is not comparable to Hetzner, but it is very expensive in general compared to anything. Even a 10gbps server with 16TB would cost cheaper...

@DP said:
    https://mevspace.com/backup-space

Just to make it easy for everyone.

Thanks, next time we will just put a link there, not link in the text ;)

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited May 2022

@Mevspace You have an error in the price list, you have put a period in the price in the wrong place ...

Thanked by 1afn
  • WTF ...
    Guys check the prices by changing to PLN from USD or EUR.
    6.00 USD != 15.00 PLN
    6.00 USD ~ 27.00 PLN

5.00 EUR != 15.00 PLN
    5.00 EUR ~ 23.00 PLN

It turns out that if someone wants to save, it is more profitable to pay in PLN.

It will be 32.00 EUR for 1 TB without a discount, so 12.80 EUR with discount (still expensive).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I was expecting a myspace clone and now I'm depressed

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jar said:

Dear @jar, did you have a MySpace page in your youth?

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@jar said:

Dear @jar, did you have a MySpace page in your youth?

Until my friend snuck me an email account at a supported college, allowing me to finally sign up for Facebook. Oh how times have changed.