Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special offer: Want to learn to manage your own dedicated server and play with virtualization? -SOLD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Special offer: Want to learn to manage your own dedicated server and play with virtualization? -SOLD

rds100rds100 Member
edited October 2013 in Offers

Do you want to learn how to manage your own dedicated server and play with
virtualization?
We've got an offer for you. Probably the cheapest offer for a small server
supporting hardware virtualzation.

So the specs of this dedi are: AMD E240 CPU (single core 1.5GHz), 2GB RAM
(actually 1.75GB, because the builtin video takes the rest) and a single
500GB 3.5" SATA 7200RPM not enterprise and not new HDD. This bundled with a
/29 (5 usable IPs) netblock assigned (SWIPed) to your name,
100Mbps ehternet port, 3000GB bandwidth per month and a system for
automatic reinstallations and remote reboot. And all this for $15 / month.

This CPU supports hardware virtualzation, so this server can run OpenVZ, Xen
or KVM. Although quite slow for real production use, it's good for learning
and experimenting.

The catch is, we only have one of these E240 systems left and we aren't
getting more. So if you want it, PM me.
The other catch is, that the offer is valid only for LET members which have
been on LET for at least 6 months. So if you are registered on LET after 9th
of April 2013 - you can't get this.
Also you need to be knowledgeable enough to be able to manage the server
yourself.

[edit: The one listed above was SOLD already]

Our other (regular) dedi offers can be found here:
https://www.fitvps.com/members/cart.php?gid=2

Or at these LET threads:
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13614/ivy-bridge-dual-core-dedicated-from-30-month-and-more
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10468/atom-n2800-dedicated-servers-from-25-month
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/8926/dual-core-4-threads-1-86ghz-atom-n2800-with-4gb-ram-from-25-month
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/8326/atom-n2800-from-25-month

Comments

• another great offer uncle? :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@rds100 i would be interested to learn.

• This one was claimed already by someone. If he decides he doesn't want it, i'll post again.

• Huhahuhahua I got it!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@serverian your kidding me?

• @Infinity580 said:
    serverian your kidding me?

Why no?

• Yep, @serverian claimed it first. Congrats! :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

█ Backupsy - in 7 Locations - 500GB Backup/Storage VPS with 512MB RAM and KVM Virtualization for $7/month [ORDER NOW]
    █ VPSDime - Amazing 6GB RAM - 30GB HDD - 2TB Traffic @ 4Gbps VPS with OpenVZ Virtualization for $7/month [ORDER NOW]

At last, @serverian will now learn to manage a dedicated server, and can finally play with virtualization.

• @rm_ said:
    At last, serverian will now learn to manage a dedicated server, and can finally play with virtualization.

My thoughts exactly.

• Well, considering he's in a neighbor country he can find another use for it.

• I live in Turkey. The server is in Bulgaria with 20ms ping. I'll use it for VPN. Simple.

To be honest, I didn't realize this was the only server before I order it.

And to be more honest, anyone can find a similarly priced dedicated that supports hardware virtualization. hint WorldStream hint

Even if they can't, they can purchase a VMWare VPS and install KVM on it. Even if they can't, they can install VMWare Workstation on their desktop and run KVM on it.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • isn't that too big to run VPN ? :)

• @rm_ said:
    At last, serverian will now learn to manage a dedicated server, and can finally play with virtualization.

His customers will appreciate that!

Thanked by 1dnwk
  • Sorry guys, these E240 motherboards are not available from our suppliers anymore. We could get some E350 motherboards, but not sure if it's worth it.

• I have to agree ... this opportunity to "learn to manage your own dedicated server and play with virtualization" is far from it if you give it to someone who already is established as a provider in the market and more than likely has these skills ... the topic should just be changed to cheap low end dedi.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@nikc said:
    I have to agree ... this opportunity to "learn to manage your own dedicated server and play with virtualization" is far from it if you give it to someone who already is established as a provider in the market and more than likely has these skills ... the topic should just be changed to cheap low end dedi.

Calm down, it was just a marketing pitch.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • I'm calm thanks, just think it's misleading.

• Well, we have other servers for sale, perfectly suitable for learning. Just nothing for $15/month at the moment. If we do get another deal like this, i'll post it.

• yeah miss this one AGAIN..... i just thinking about someone open discussion about virtualization ? maybe @rds100 or @serverian , can you sir ? would love to discuss it with all member about it, if there already exist, can someone give me the links..... got so many tutorial but cannot try every way, it was to risk.... for dedicated to do reinstall, isn't it ?

• I'm reinstalling for soooo many times using rds100 dedicated server, but since it's automatically, and from web interface, it's no problem. :)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Damn, missed this occasion to learn something :-(

Thanked by 2Liam Infinity
  • @erawanarifnugroho hei it seems you're from INA, can we discuss it ? i was look at your blog and it was interesting, do you have any articles related to the virtualization on dedicated server ?

• @prometeus i could teach you about Bulgarian wines, and you can teach me about Italian wines ;-) It's a win-win, we both have something to learn :)

Thanked by 1Liam
  • edited October 2013

@iSky, yes, I'm from Indonesia. What do you need help with? :)

Tutorial for installing OpenVZ using OpenWeb Panel or Proxmox?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    prometeus i could teach you about Bulgarian wines, and you can teach me about Italian wines ;-) It's a win-win, we both have something to learn :)

yup, seems a good idea, tbh I know very little of Bulgarian wines :-)

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @rds100 said:
    @prometeus i could teach you about Bulgarian wines, and you can teach me about Italian wines ;-) It's a win-win, we both have something to learn :)

If you guys are giving courses count me in ;-)

I know Italian wines as well just no Bulgarian ones...

• Umm... This dedicated server can produce wines?

• skaska Member

@DalComp said:
    Umm... This dedicated server can produce wines?

No, but you can whine about not having it ;-)

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2013

It'll probably run Wine with 2GB of memory

• @ska said:
    No, but you can whine about not having it ;-)

Classic