Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any way to monitor multiple VPS resources in terminal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there any way to monitor multiple VPS resources in terminal?

I know there are a lot of methods to monitor VPS CPU, memory, etc on the website, such as Cockpit, Netdata. I just wonder is there any method to monitor VPS in terminal.

The only way I know is to SSH into a single VPS and run htop.

Comments

• Thanked by 1einverne
  • You can use script from here:
    https://github.com/atarallo/TECMINT_MONITOR/
    There are many others.
    You can also build your own script using common Linux commands.

Thanked by 1einverne
  • devpdevp Member

For Simple Monitoring Resources ( CPU | RAM | Bandwidth ) of VPS you can use split screen available in terminal multiplexer programs.

Here are reference readings:

Thanked by 2craigb einverne
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Why not just split your terminal into multiple windows? I use Terminator so I usually have it split between 2-8 panes depending on what I'm doing. Everything is visible at once, from however many servers you want.

No special scripts required.

Thanked by 1einverne
  • SPSP Member

Glances has a web interface that seems to be what you are looking for.

Thanked by 1einverne
  • blackblack Member
    edited April 2022

You can use tmux to split your shell terminal and have it be persistent. On your monitoring server, run the command tmux. Split the screen using ctrl+b, " and ctrl+b, %. Resize with ctrl+b, {up,down,left,right} arrows a few times and move to different ones by using ctrl+b, {up,down,left,right} arrows once. SSH into the servers you want to monitor and run htop on each panel. Once you're done, you can do ctrl+b, d to detech the session which will bring you back to your normal shell. You can re-attach by running the command tmux a. Tmux is a very useful tool and it can do other stuff, I recommend it in your workflow.

Thanked by 1einverne
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2022

If you use Netdata, you can connect all the servers to Netdata Cloud (which is free) and see them all through one web UI. It can show both separate charts and combined charts (e.g. average CPU usage across all servers).

Thanked by 1einverne
  • Here, I can offer some options. The default language for some scenarios may not be friendly enough to you, but it is usable.

1. If you use ios or mac os, you can download and install an app called servercat which has a cool demo page that shows resource briefings for all servers. Essentially this is an enhanced ssh terminal where everything is implemented natively.
    2. ServerStatus is a server probe and display page, you can go to github to search for it.
    3. Naiba/nezha is another server probe program available on github. It's more modern, more comprehensive, has a nice visual interface, and can be installed with one-click script or docker. The only difficulty for you is that this is software developed by the Chinese.
    Thanked by 1einverne
  • @einverne said: The only way I know is to SSH into a single VPS and run htop

The tip about using tmux splits to show multiple ssh'd htop sessions is a good one. To optimise screen layout for high-core count machines, you can switch from showing all CPU bars to a single average CPU bar. Instructions here: https://superuser.com/questions/806614/how-to-compress-or-hide-the-processors-at-top-of-htop-on-large-machines

Thanked by 1einverne