Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give OpenVZ 9 a try, based on RHEL 9 with the new 5.14 kernel. 0.5 USD for 3 months of VPS hosting - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Give OpenVZ 9 a try, based on RHEL 9 with the new 5.14 kernel. 0.5 USD for 3 months of VPS hosting

Comments

• @cybertech said:

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny said:

@tototo said:
    I can't see my VPS on admin.boomer.host, did I miss something?

Chargeback time.

that's not very nice. @jbiloh ban this guy from my thread please

interesting to note whether a paying provider will get such perk.

It's really @ezeth who's PMSing hard, so he should be the one who's banned.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ezeth said:
    A provider pays 200 USD per year and gets comments like Chargeback time.

@ezeth said:
    On some of the older offers from mid 2021 control panel access is lost and will not be renewable.

🤷

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

@ezeth said:

@tototo said:

@ezeth said:

@tototo said:

wrong url https://experimental.boomer.host:4083/

I have already tried but cannot log in there. I also tried to reset password using the email address I used for admin.boomer.host, but it says "The email address you submitted is invalid".
    Of course, I logged into my.boomer.host and checked that I have a valid package (#612 - 1000MB (LET)).

On some of the older offers from mid 2021 control panel access is lost and will not be renewable. They’re still accessible through SSH

• totototototo Member
    edited April 2022

@ezeth said:

@tototo said:

@ezeth said:

@tototo said:

wrong url https://experimental.boomer.host:4083/

I have already tried but cannot log in there. I also tried to reset password using the email address I used for admin.boomer.host, but it says "The email address you submitted is invalid".
    Of course, I logged into my.boomer.host and checked that I have a valid package (#612 - 1000MB (LET)).

Then you’re commenting on wrong thread. No 1000MB packages were sold herevant offer thread was already closed, but that was my fault. Sorry.
    On some of the older offers from mid 2021 control panel access is lost and will not be renewable. They’re still accessible through SSH

I must have missed the announcement that the control panel access is lost. (Instead I found an email titled Top provider poll at LowEndTalk lol)
    Anyway, I asked the question here because the relevant offer thread was already closed, but that was my mistake. Sorry.

(edit) What I meant was that I gave up logging into the control panel and just wait for the term to expire.

• zedzed Member

why are hobby hosters even allowed to sell experimental packages, this place is going downhill f-a-s-t

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2022

@zed said:
    why are hobby hosters even allowed to sell experimental packages, this place is going downhill f-a-s-t

For mjj to complain about when it doesn’t work (shocker)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@zed said:

If someone wants to pay $200 to sell experimental stuff, it’s their shout, right?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • titustitus Member

@spiritlhl said:

@hotsnow said:

@ezeth said:
    Okay it's back.

the panel is back, but the vps is offline and can't start :'(

The same problem happened to me.

When I checked today, my experimental VM was offline too, but I was able to solve it manually: I requested a reboot on the https://my2.boomer.host control panel, and it worked (not tried the Virtualizor at this time). Maybe I will not popular with this, but when I ordered a 'test' 'experimental' service for a symbolic fee, I accepted the 'risk': there will be maybe problems, and/or the support probably will be slow for this service. I hope, it will be renewable because I like to 'play' with it :)

@ezeth said: On some of the older offers from mid 2021 control panel access is lost and will not be renewable. They’re still accessible through SSH

It mean, I will be not able to renew my old package VPS on the https://my.boomer.host panel? Truly, it would be good to find a solution to create a control panel access for this 'old' VM's (find options to recreate, reboot, stop / Start these VM's) because these are a recurring and not an 'experimental' services. It not mean a problem for me if the solution come slowly ('low end service, for low end fee'). But would be good to find a solution for this..

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @titus said:

@spiritlhl said:

@hotsnow said:

@ezeth said:
    Okay it's back.

When I checked today, my experimental VM was offline too, but I was able to solve it manually: I requested a reboot on the https://my2.boomer.host control panel, and it worked (not tried the Virtualizor at this time). Maybe I will not popular with this, but when I ordered a 'test' 'experimental' service for a symbolic fee, I accepted the 'risk': there will be maybe problems, and/or the support probably will be slow for this service. I hope, it will be renewable because I like to 'play' with it :)

it's online in panel now

@titus said:

@ezeth said: On some of the older offers from mid 2021 control panel access is lost and will not be renewable. They’re still accessible through SSH

It mean, I will be not able to renew my old package VPS on the https://my.boomer.host panel? Truly, it would be good to find a solution to create a control panel access for this 'old' VM's (find options to recreate, reboot, stop / Start these VM's) because these are a recurring and not an 'experimental' services. It not mean a problem for me if the solution come slowly ('low end service, for low end fee'). But would be good to find a solution for this..

same here, I haven't received any email which said it's can't be renewable?

Thanked by 2SinV tototo
  • I reinstalled the system. Now I can ssh to the server.

@titus said:

• zedzed Member

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

If someone wants to pay $200 to sell experimental stuff, it’s their shout, right?

oh you gave me an idea, maybe us users can pay a fee to only see realistic offers from actual companies.. @jbiloh thoughts?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@zed said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

oh you gave me an idea, maybe us users can pay a fee to only see realistic offers from actual companies.. @jbiloh thoughts?

Pretty sure if enough people offer to pay, JB will find a way to make it happen.

@jbiloh how much to never have to see a RackNerd thread again?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

@ezeth clearly outlined that these types of services are not for production.

I don't see a problem.

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

Pretty sure if enough people offer to pay, JB will find a way to make it happen.

In Vanilla 4.x I expect there will be an ignore user option.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

And this, dear friends, is the moment LET died.

@Nekki said:

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

Do not understand.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

Do not understand.

No, I don’t suppose you do.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@brueggus said:

🤷

@stevewatson301 said:

Wow. you won. Congrats. you spent your entire life to impress someone on the internet. I hope it was worth it

Thanked by 1qqfamily
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

What the fuck are you going on about?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Stop shitting on @ezeth, he may be mentally slow, but his services are top-quality, and are really affordable.

• @ezeth said:

@Nekki said:

@brueggus said:

🤷

@stevewatson301 said:

Wow. you won. Congrats. you spent your entire life to impress someone on the internet. I hope it was worth it

The end is nigh

(copyright by someone else)

• @Nekki said:

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

There's already at least one greasemonkey script to ignore users and threads. Problem is, not on mobile (afaik).

• SinVSinV Member, Host Rep

@hotsnow said:

@titus said:

@spiritlhl said:

@hotsnow said:

@ezeth said:
    Okay it's back.

it's online in panel now

@titus said:

same here, I haven't received any email which said it's can't be renewable?

Same. My issue was still with the original VPS offer.

It's deadpooled (basically), even though we have SSH (it's slow AF BTW), we can't re-install the OS or use any features a panel could offer. Also shit performance, like unusable now, and I noticed packet loss recently.

I have a VPS from each offer before this. You guys can use the experimental excuse for this one, but the other VPS offers perform the same, I don't even know why my VPS from the second offer is offline right now. All offers are experiments from these boomers, stated or not. I don't think I've seen anyone rely so heavily on other people/products to work, but I see the excuses it allows them to use. And the solution so far every time is to post a new scamschemepromo offer.

After writing the above, I logged in and checked the second VPS, from the second offer (on my2.boomer.host) it says "Not renewable - will be replaced with KVM different solution". This one was part of the experiment too, I fucking told you guys. I've had better experiences with hosts that have deadpooled on me in the past. /rant

• ErisaErisa Member

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

@ezeth clearly outlined that these types of services are not for production.

I don't see a problem.

While not the original reason you were called to this thread, the post above mine and the previous ones in its reply chain are the posts that should be focused on when consideriing the quality of this host.
    Link for clarity: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3414210/#Comment_3414210

For more testimony, read through this thread: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177454/a-benchmark-against-shared-hosting-of-boomer-host-vps/p1

But hey, I am not (and never will be) a customer of this host, so I have no say in this, I just would like to point out the more relevant facts of this discussion.

Thanked by 3zed SinV dahartigan
  • @Erisa said: But hey, I am not (and never will be) a customer

Well the name should ring a bell as what kind of project this is. That said(i hope no sane person bought this for other than idle vps or vpn) my service (its older promo) went from OpenVZ7 to Not renewable - will be replaced with KVM different solution.. I Hope it will be moved to upstream provider together with the subnet coz his subnet works perfectly for US netflix disney etc streaming, so whoever need us streaming ip smash that bw while you can :)

Thanked by 1SinV
  • titustitus Member

@SinSiXX said: After writing the above, I logged in and checked the second VPS, from the second offer (on my2.boomer.host) it says "Not renewable - will be replaced with KVM different solution". This one was part of the experiment too, I fucking told you guys. I've had better experiences with hosts that have deadpooled on me in the past. /rant

So looks like we are got the answer: the experimental VM will be not renewable. :/ But this KVM promis dont know what mean.

@ezeth
    I can confirm also, my previously ordered, (yearly plan) non experimental VM's name on the my2.boomer.host panel also changed for "not renewable", but dont know why, because it's a recurring offer.

• LeeLee Veteran

@TimboJones said: There's already at least one greasemonkey script to ignore users and threads.

Yeah, using that. Don't see anything by Alpharacks or Alpharacks_dustin anymore. Sweet.

• @yoursunny said:

@ezeth said:
    I am waiting for Josh to wakeup. It's morning over there. I need IPMI access to investigate the issue, SSH isn't responding for me

Sorry but Josh only works 1-3 o'clock every day, while you work 8-10.
    There is no overlapping hour so you can never meet him.

LMFAO

@ezeth said:

@cybertech said:

@ezeth said:

It would be a nice perk to have :D> @cybertech said:

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny said:

@tototo said:

Chargeback time.

that's not very nice. @jbiloh ban this guy from my thread please

interesting to note whether a paying provider will get such perk.

of course why not. if i ran a large forum, would be selling $50 "ban someone once for 30 days" wildcards. i'd be a millionaire in no time.

“Ban from thread”

A provider pays 200 USD per year and gets comments like Chargeback time.

Just rude

Paying for provider tag doesn't mean you are exempt from being scrutinised as a possible scam, given how many red flags you have.

• Joy1219Joy1219 Member

my2.boomer.host Can't log in to view order

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited May 2022

@Joy1219 said:
    my2.boomer.host Can't log in to view order

me too, panel https://experimental.boomer.host:4083/ can't connect also, already several days