Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostbill - has anyone ever got replies from them ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostbill - has anyone ever got replies from them ?

mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep
edited April 2022 in Help

As the title say, have you ever got the reply from hostbill other than their paid support cases ( which is $75 per case). ?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Yes, I have, but they are not the fastest, just like most hosting related software providers. Keep in mind it is the weekend over Easter (Easter Sunday/Monday). Don't expect a response until Tuesday really for self hosted software support. Even some DC's like Hetzner have limited support until Tuesday.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

But what about non-festive days ?

• LeeLee Veteran

Hostbill very intentionally makes you wait if you are not paying for support.

• @Lee said:
    Hostbill very intentionally makes you wait if you are not paying for support.

That's really bad practices

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2022

@Blestastore said: That's really bad practices

Not really, it's their business model. It works for them. If I have to pay $75 per ticket I want all their attention until my issue is resolved, not worrying about free support questions.

You may not agree with it but they have survived this long just fine.

Thanked by 2MikeA jar
  • xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

Our license is the datacenter version and they give us 100 tickets for free.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

horrible ticket support, whmcs until we build our own

• Choose another billing ? WHMCS have support, not so good, but they are alive :)

we have found whmcs pretty good.. just limited

And pre-sales questions going answered ?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@mgcAna said: And pre-sales questions going answered ?

That's the business model I want. Potential customers pay for pre-sales tickets.

• Hello there,
    Just to clarify: we do not charge for pre-sales questions and we answer them as soon as we can.
    And as for the support tickets, there is a bundle of tickets included in each License (the number of tickets depends on the license type).

Thanked by 2Logano Talistech
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@mgcAna said: And pre-sales questions going answered ?

That's the business model I want. Potential customers pay for pre-sales tickets.

Very much possible when its something only you are making in world and its very useful and productive.

• @CoastHosting said:

available for public ? :D

@mrlongshen said:

@CoastHosting said:

available for public ? :D

We have very niche goals so would not suit.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@hostbillapp said:
    Hello there,
    Just to clarify: we do not charge for pre-sales questions and we answer them as soon as we can.
    And as for the support tickets, there is a bundle of tickets included in each License (the number of tickets depends on the license type).

Congrats on the first post in almost 5 years :)

HB must allow mods or plugins development by third party. Currently it seems you can develop plugins or modules for your personal use by paying higher fee with dev license.

• From my experience, Hostbill have always responded within 24 hours and have credited tickets on more than one occasion when the issue has been easy to resolve.

I'm considering switching to Hostbill, but still slightly worried as they haven't responded to my pre-sales ticket :(

In the long run, Hostbill will save me hundreds per month because there's no need for me to pay for Virtualizor licenses anymore.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@Advin said: there's no need for me to pay for Virtualizor licenses anymore.

how hostbill is related to virtualizor

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@hostdare said:

I think he runs Virtualizor on top of Proxmox or something. So it will remove Virtualizor and just use HostBill Proxmox..

@MikeA said:

@hostdare said:

I think he runs Virtualizor on top of Proxmox or something. So it will remove Virtualizor and just use HostBill Proxmox..

Yeah, I could skip Virtualizor and do Proxmox with Hostbill

• @Advin said:
    I'm considering switching to Hostbill, but still slightly worried as they haven't responded to my pre-sales ticket :(

It's revenue generating. In my experience, that's a reliable red flag indicator. Even shitty companies have responsive sales, so you're an extra shitty company if not responsive.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @Advin said:

Can you DM us your email address so we can try and locate it? We don't see any recent pre-sales inquiries that have not been addressed.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We are shifting to HostBill from WHMCS mainly for the way they handle Multi Brands and companies + proper accounting/credit note practices which WHMCS does not want to support.

Highly impressed with their support speed for any issues.

There are some bugs and they solve them quite fast.

The admin panel is hideous compared to WHMCS and I hope they have improvements on the roadmap.

• LeviLevi Member

@leapswitch said: The admin panel is hideous compared to WHMCS and I hope they have improvements on the roadmap.

Admin zone is actually good. No bling bling as in WHMCS, but it works good on high load scenarios, easy on eyes.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@LTniger said:

@leapswitch said: The admin panel is hideous compared to WHMCS and I hope they have improvements on the roadmap.

Admin zone is actually good. No bling bling as in WHMCS, but it works good on high load scenarios, easy on eyes.

I didn't mean bling, but better use of CSS and buttons where people can actually see what is where. Some basics were missing which are being added now - yesterday's release added Image thumbnails and gallery view within tickets, which needed a download till now.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • We use it for our billing system. They usually answer promptly to our questions. IPAM plugin can be annoying sometimes.