Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner: Data Loss Incident - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner: Data Loss Incident

2»

Comments

• I lost millions, tried to access @yoursunny Antarctica cold storage for disaster recovery but i have to swim there to get my data. Please help.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @WebProject said:

@TimboJones said:

@WebProject said:

@Erisa said:
    I like the way they handled this incident. Everyone affected was given €20 cloud credits without having to ask, along with a concise description of what happened and which snapshot(s) were affected.

Shit happens, don't rely on one source of truth for your data. Relax and enjoy the free credits.

Without the data some customers don’t need any credit as cost to rebuild project can cost X times more than €20, if current backup/snapshot system fail why not to look for alternative solution.

If you think they are incompetent, then move.

If you think they are capable but not perfect (the best you can hope for), stick with them because I guarantee you that they'll review their processes to prevent this again. If you switch providers, the new one might not have learned this lesson/experience.

The fact they've identified the issue and it had a financial penalty for them are VERY positive signs that this will be a very rare occurrence.

Haha, we don’t even use them anymore even for their backup services (storage boxes)

Cool story, bro.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    I lost millions, tried to access @yoursunny Antarctica cold storage for disaster recovery but i have to swim there to get my data. Please help.

You can get your data if you piss on your own feet and film it for @yoursunny.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    I lost millions, tried to access @yoursunny Antarctica cold storage for disaster recovery but i have to swim there to get my data. Please help.

Deep Atlantic Storage is in the Atlantic Ocean, not in Antarctica.

For other needs, please visit our sales office.
    https://yoursunny.com/t/2021/1302.8/

Thanked by 1Thundas
  • Handled it much better, unlike a certain other provider

Thanked by 3Erisa pri11er bdl
  • @angstrom said:

@opendoor said:
    Tremendously bad

Bad tremendously

Congrats on your first post

NO SURPRISE

I joined LET many years ago ,now I came in just for doubling my bandwith
    I dont speak English daily,so it's not a surprise if you find a BIG mistake in the sentence.

• @cyagon said:
    Handled it much better, unlike a certain other provider

Was the SBG2 even legal? I think there should be fire cuts, extinguisher and so on because the law. Or maybe France isn't that strict...