Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuck virmach !The LAKVM26 node has been down for a month and no one has repaired it
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fuck virmach !The LAKVM26 node has been down for a month and no one has repaired it

IWCTQ4IWCTQ4 Member

I have a machine on it.I sent a work order and I waited for a month, you guys are not dealing with repairs, but are constantly opening new machines for sale.

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

Post work order.

Thanked by 1digitalwicked
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

If you want to be re-created without data, just open a priority ticket with that information in the title. Otherwise, we're still trying to recover this node and preserve data. You'll receive additional time per SLA.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • emm...

• Lazy work order

• bdlbdl Member

F U 2

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2022

@DP said:
    OP:

But according to op, it's been over a month (assuming that is true - that's a long time to wait for a recovery and or getting back a vps). He could have approached the title more decently but IF the time he is saying is true, maybe the full story from the provider would be nice because I really want to hope VirMach has been providing some assistance since the failure of the node.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@risharde said: full story from the provider would be nice

Rest assured, knowing VirMach, the long love letter has either gone out, or will be sent out if haven't already :smiley:

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @risharde said:

@DP said:
    OP:

But according to op, it's been over a month (assuming that is true - that's a long time to wait for a recovery and or getting back a vps). He could have approached the title more decently but IF the time he is saying is true, maybe the full story from the provider would be nice because I really want to hope VirMach has been providing some assistance since the failure of the node.

From @VirMach last response seems they are still trying to recover the data, something that 99.99999% of the providers even much more expensive ones would never do - the majority of the providers out there would have already just announced that the data is lost and that is that.

Whereas Virmach is trying to recover any data possible, which definitely takes time to do.

@risharde said: that's a long time to wait for a recovery and or getting back a vps

We do offer getting another VPS generated, the issue is around the same time we got thousands of tickets due to the migrations. If we notice one that's properly titled in priority department, it'll get processed.

@zafouhar said:

@risharde said:

@DP said:
    OP:

From @VirMach last response seems they are still trying to recover the data, something that 99.99999% of the providers even much more expensive ones would never do - the majority of the providers out there would have already just announced that the data is lost and that is that.

Whereas Virmach is trying to recover any data possible, which definitely takes time to do.

Yeah, it's easier to just say it's lost. We've had cases in the past where it took a month plus and we actually got the data recovered. In the processed we were still flamed by a lot of customers. But this time it's not looking too great so unfortunately it looks like we may have upset everyone and then in the end there's still no data.

In the past we would have definitely been better and spent a great amount of time also providing people with backup VMs automatically, except that's confused people a lot and it's taken a lot of time to get them to decide between which VM they wanted to keep when the data is recovered and time is not something we have a lot of right now so this was not processed in that way.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@DP said:

@risharde said: full story from the provider would be nice

Rest assured, knowing VirMach, the long love letter has either gone out, or will be sent out if haven't already :smiley:

I'm all lettered out right now.

• VoidVoid Member

@IWCTQ4 said:
    I have a machine on it.I sent a work order and I waited for a month, you guys are not dealing with repairs, but are constantly opening new machines for sale.

Thanks for the work order. Your work has been doubled.

Thanked by 2kevertje Frameworks
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@IWCTQ4 said:

Congrats on your first post since May 2020

Thanked by 1craigb