Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ IT'S OVER... + HERE'S THIS + DON'T FORGET...... - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IT'S OVER... + HERE'S THIS + DON'T FORGET......

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

All previous giveaway winners have been DM'd :)

@ehab said:
    @dustinc give us a mad 4GB RAM -2 vcores Flash offer?

Hi @ehab -- we currently do not have any plans for flash sales at the moment, but if you are needing 4GB+ RAM, I'd be happy to work out a custom deal for you. Send me an e-mail [email protected] and I'll help ๐Ÿ‘Š

Thanked by 1ehab

@obihornchen said:
    Please double the bandwith. My order# is 9439598612.

Hi @obihornchen -- good stuff :) Happy to see you were able to take advantage of our new KVM VPS deals here.

We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth allocation.

@stephanuk said:
    Im late :(

No worries @stephanuk -- We will be doing more giveaways within this thread :) Be sure to stay active to increase your chances of winning.

@jsg said:
    @dustinc

(a) What processor model do these VPS run on?
    (b) I might be tempted to try your service but I dislike those "write this or that comment to receive [double whatever]" games. Is there also a serious way to do business with you, like in between grown-ups? I'd very much prefer that.

Hi @jsg -- appreciate your interest in working with RackNerd :)

These particular deals are provisioned on host nodes running on DUAL Xeon E5-2680V2 processors or better. As for commenting for double bandwidth, it isn't a requirement should you not want the added free bandwidth, or giveaways we provide.

If you'd prefer to talk about specific/special requirements outside of LET, you can e-mail me [email protected] and I'd be happy to help.

Thanked by 1jsg

@kheng86 said:
    Nice to see Amsterdam deals :)

@kheng86 -- We're glad you think so! We're also confident that the community will find great benefit in our latest KVM VPS offers, which includes the ability to deploy out of AMS at no extra cost :)

Let's gooo ๐Ÿฅณ

@Daniel15 said:
    why do you always do 1GB, 2GB and 3.5GB RAM plans... Why 3.5GB instead of 4GB? ๐Ÿค”

Hi @Daniel15 -- if you're seeking a 4 GB RAM VPS or higher, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to customize a solution/plan for you based around your specific requirements :)

@RickBakkr said:

@jsg said: Would you care to kindly elaborate please? This is a serious request and not intended to doubt you or to bash anyone. And I think it's relevant as AMS seems to be their only european location.

https://lg.ring.nlnog.net/prefix_bgpmap/lg01/ipv4?q=23.94.101.88

Shouldn't this speak for itself? Where's AMS-IX? Where's NL-IX? Heck, if it's about cutting costs: where are the free SPEED-IX/LS-IX/FrysIX? There's zero local connectivity.

This might work out just fine for international traffic, where a T1 backbone is travelled across anyway, but it will turn out quite odd for local traffic.

Some local ISP, whom I shouldn't mention by name, for example, only relies on local peering to exchange local traffic, where all other traffic is dumped at big German momma's backbone. In this case, that would result in routing to $isp Amsterdam POP, then to Frankfurt, to pass it to a Cogent/Telia hand-off, and back to Amsterdam.

Sure, we're talking about a 6ms RTT, but it does not make sense to me to open shop without realizing proper connectivity.

Note that I do not even mention the utter lack of IPv6, but hey: what would you expect. Ample of options in 'the gateway of Europe', and they opt to go with CC, who has a history, to say the least.

Hi @RickBakkr -- appreciate you commenting. We understand that connectivity in Amsterdam isn't going to be suitable for everyone, and the same applies to various providers and locations. This is why we're transparent about what we offer, including a looking glass so that potential customers and/or current customers can determine which location and network suits their requirements best. I do agree that improving networking to better serve a larger audience can be beneficial.

@SinSiXX said:
    Double bandwidth for order number: 5625811737
    Thanks. :)

Hi @SinSiXX -- we've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth for your latest order.

We sincerely appreciate you expanding your services and footprint with RackNerd :)

Thanked by 1SinV

@emperor said:
    Order Number: 6161915899
    Double bandwidth please :) Thank you.

Hi @emperor -- woot! Happy to see you expanding your services with us, and glad you were able to take advantage of these latest deals :)

We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth ๐Ÿ‘Š

@debian_dave said:
    Glad to see the Ashburn back! Those always seem super popular for some reason.

Hi @debian_dave -- good observation! Ashburn is indeed quite a popular location for us that we notice many consumers select. Being a major Internet hub, Ashburn is renowned as the "Data Center Capital of the World" B)

Thanked by 1debian_dave

@ThomasT said:
    Please double the bandwidth.

Order Number: 1280101114

Thanks.

Hi @ThomasT -- Thank You for placing an order with RackNerd! We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth :)

@cuxin said:
    Please double my bandwidth.
    Order Number: 4307314296

Hi @cuxin -- good stuff :) We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth.

Thank You for doing business with RackNerd ๐Ÿ‘Š

@DeadlyChemist said:
    amsterdam is back, hell yeah

@DeadlyChemist -- yessir, let's party! ๐Ÿฅณ ๐Ÿพ

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@dustinc said:

@jsg said:
    @dustinc

(b) I might be tempted to try your service but I dislike those "write this or that comment to receive [double whatever]" games. Is there also a serious way to do business with you, like in between grown-ups? I'd very much prefer that.

As for commenting for double bandwidth, it isn't a requirement should you not want the added free bandwidth, or giveaways we provide.

Re giveaways I agree, re double bandwidth I clearly disagree. Reason: if I buy a VPS I'm a paying customer and you shouldn't force paying customers to publicly "dance" for you in order to not be at a disadvantage.

@csp85123 said:
    Double bandwidth for order number: 1336670048
    Thanks. :)

Hi @csp85123 -- awesome stuff :)

We were able to locate your VPS and have doubled your bandwidth successfully.

@Iamfromaustria said:
    please double - thanks , my order number 2145660789

Hi @Iamfromaustria -- Thank You for placing an order with RackNerd :)

We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth.

@msatt said:
    How about us in a different TZ (UK), we seem to miss out on these giveaways as we are in bed or vice versa. Even so, still appreciate the effort made by Racknerd. Thank you.

@msatt -- the party is just getting started! We will certainly be doing more random giveaways :)

Be sure to stay active within this thread and keep an eye out.

@john_sd3 said:

WE LOVE RACKNERD ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€

can we use windows on these servers?

Hi @john_sd3 -- great question! These particular deals are for Linux. We're working towards replenishing stock for our Windows VPS product line, in the meantime feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you're seeking a Windows VPS solution and I can assist with a custom quote :)

@jsg said:

@dustinc said:

@jsg said:
    @dustinc

As for commenting for double bandwidth, it isn't a requirement should you not want the added free bandwidth, or giveaways we provide.

Re giveaways I agree, re double bandwidth I clearly disagree. Reason: if I buy a VPS I'm a paying customer and you shouldn't force paying customers to publicly "dance" for you in order to not be at a disadvantage.

Hi @jsg -- I totally understand where you're coming from, we're offering this extra benefit exclusively for this community and for these promotions. It's important that we put this in place as it's not automated (every double bandwidth request is manually reviewed and processed), and it's not something that we do for other communities either unless specifically outlined. Between extra freebies, giveaways, and special deals - we always try to bring forward a great value to the LET community. We will continue to contribute and give back wherever we can to this amazing community.

With that being said, if the plans you see here are not suitable for your needs resource wise (i.e. if you find yourself needing a higher or lower allotment of bandwidth based on what you consume, etc) then I'd be happy to work something out directly with you - [email protected]

Thanked by 2jsg DeadlyChemist
  • fun question @dustinc

I found Birthday KVM VPS Sale - 2.5GB KVM
    https://my.racknerd.com/aff.php?pid=182

Available in Amsterdam but it says "Order & Receive a Red Envelope!"

do I still get one even tho the promotion is like, um 2 years old probably?
    I mean it's a great deal haha

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited April 2022

@DeadlyChemist said:
    fun question @dustinc

https://my.racknerd.com/aff.php?aff=1429&pid=182

Suck it and see ;)

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @dahartigan said: Suck it and see

hehe, tempted :joy:

• @DeadlyChemist said: I found Birthday KVM VPS Sale - 2.5GB KVM

It has SSD Cached Storage, pure SSD โ€“ 2.5 GB KVM VPS (CNY) plan โ€“ should be better.

@DeadlyChemist said:
    fun question @dustinc

https://my.racknerd.com/aff.php?pid=182

Hi @DeadlyChemist -- great question, as you've pointed out that particular promotion is quite dated, and is one that we had actually expired/set out of stock to 0, but overtime a few of those became available in stock from clients on that particular plan cancelling and/or upgrading (which automatically released the stock amount in our billing system accordingly). At the time I am writing this, that product (pid=182) has 6 QTY available left over.

In the meantime we've modified the product description to not reference the red envelope -- apologies for the confusion there.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • hchenhchen Member

MORE-GIVEAWAYS-FROM-RACKNERD!!!

@hchen said:
    MORE-GIVEAWAYS-FROM-RACKNERD!!!

Let's gooo! Is there demand for more? Shall we do another giveaway tonight?

Show the demand by posting the following:

#YES WE WANT MORE RACKNERD !!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

• sonusonu Member

YES WE WANT MORE RACKNERD !!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

• YES WE WANT MORE RACKNERD !!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

We are going to need more demand in order to get the party started tonight. Let's see a show of hands:

#YES WE WANT MORE RACKNERD !!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

This discussion has been closed.