Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with large SSD / storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with large SSD / storage

Hi, I want to run monero or bitcoin own node and need server with large disc space, any offers welcome.

Comments

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2022

@exception0x876 Wishosting has their "KVM SSD NVMe Plus" deal (https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=7) has four Ryzen 5950X cores, 8GB RAM and 500GB NVMe for $12 / month or $35 / 3 months. They also have a similar plan with 200GB NVMe space for $10/month or $29 / 3 months.

Not sure if they allow any Bitcoin stuff though. Doesn't it need a lot of CPU power? That seems like it wouldn't be allowed on most VPS providers. Maybe you're looking for a low-end dedicated server instead?

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • Hmm, most providers will not allow mining-related things , it's curious to know if there are some of them that allow that. From my experiences, I mostly just get an answer no. I know https://serverroom.net/dedicated accept mining, they even mentioned " for your mining project" in the mail, even I didn't mention it at all. But I never used it, take your own risk.

• @Daniel15 said: Not sure if they allow any Bitcoin stuff though. Doesn't it need a lot of CPU power? That seems like it wouldn't be allowed on most VPS providers.

@jason5545 said: Hmm, most providers will not allow mining-related things , it's curious to know if there are some of them that allow that.

I think op just wants to sync full blockchain, it's not mining. Mining will constantly use 100% of the cpu 24/7. I think it is fair game, but maybe some providers will say no to anything crypto related.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • xaosxaos Member

@NoComment said:

@Daniel15 said: Not sure if they allow any Bitcoin stuff though. Doesn't it need a lot of CPU power? That seems like it wouldn't be allowed on most VPS providers.

@jason5545 said: Hmm, most providers will not allow mining-related things , it's curious to know if there are some of them that allow that.

I think op just wants to sync full blockchain, it's not mining. Mining will constantly use 100% of the cpu 24/7. I think it is fair game, but maybe some providers will say no to anything crypto related.

exactly its syncing node not mining

• OK! The plans I linked to earlier with 300GB or 500GB NVMe are still available if you need that much space. Is that enough? It's hard to tell what people mean by "large" storage :)

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@xaos said:
    Hi, I want to run monero or bitcoin own node and need server with large disc space, any offers welcome.

You looking for SSD or NVMe?
    Honestly running a node a HDD would work fine.

Thanked by 1xaos
  • xaosxaos Member

@Daniel15 said:
    OK! The plans I linked to earlier with 300GB or 500GB NVMe are still available if you need that much space. Is that enough? It's hard to tell what people mean by "large" storage :)

enough > @Daniel15 said:

OK! The plans I linked to earlier with 300GB or 500GB NVMe are still available if you need that much space. Is that enough? It's hard to tell what people mean by "large" storage :)

will look in to it. thanks

• SiliCloudSiliCloud Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Hi take a look at SiliCloud vHDD and vSSD based Cloud Server. We use Ceph to keep data guarantee.

Here is the calculator:
    https://www.silicloud.com/product/cvm-buy

• Contabo

• @xaos said: run monero

HDD enough