Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

🏀 Win an iPad or 3D Printer in the RackNerd / LowEndBox March Madness Giveaway! 🏀
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

🏀 Win an iPad or 3D Printer in the RackNerd / LowEndBox March Madness Giveaway! 🏀

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited April 2022 in Announcements

March Madness Giveaway

Happy March Madness from RackNerd!  How's your bracket looking?  Your odds a perfect bracket are one in 9 quintillion, while your odds of winning cool prizes courtesy of 2021's Best Provider and Most Professional Provider are orders of magnitude better!

Enter for a chance to win one of:

• An 2021 Apple 10.2-inch iPad (Wi-Fi, 64GB, Space Gray)
  • An Official Creality Ender 3 3D Printer
  • 2x Echo Dot (4th Gen)
  • 5x RackNerd KVM VPS  (Linux) in Random Location! 2x vCPU Cores, 55 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM, 5 TB Monthly Transfer, 1 IPv4 Address.
  • 5x $25 RackNerd Account Credit

No purchase necessary...and lots of ways to enter!

This time we've got 12 different ways for you to enter.  From YouTube to Facebook to Twitter to LowEndBoxTV, you've got all kinds of opportunities to increase your chances to win one of these awesome prizes.

Contest is open now through March 31 and winners will be notified in early April.  For those outside the US, due to shipping costs, RackNerd reserves the right to substitute RackNerd account credit.

About RackNerd

RackNerd constantly brings fantastic deals to our community.  They offer VPS, dedicated, and shared hosting services in nine datacenters around the world.  Check out their latest offer and stay tuned for more news and deals from them on LowEndBox. Thanks to @dustinc for the great giveaway!

Yadda Yadda How Do I Enter Already?

Just go here: Enter the Giveaway!

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Good luck to everyone! We'll continue to contribute to this awesome community wherever we can.

• sonusonu Member

wow

• Why not flash sales here

• coldcold Member

no thanks.

• Good luck to all!

• I think what you really need to figure out here @jbiloh is how you can profit more off folks like @dustinc and less off the tiny hosts. If he's got cash to throw around ipads, I think you should be charging him more than 13.44 a month :D

Thanked by 3bulbasaur 0xbkt tester4
  • @KermEd said:
    I think what you really need to figure out here @jbiloh is how you can profit more off folks like @dustinc and less off the tiny hosts. If he's got cash to throw around ipads, I think you should be charging him more than 13.44 a month :D

True 🤣

• @Ganonk lets go join Purple Daddy's event yoo :sunglasses: :cookie:

• scookescooke Member
    edited March 2022

Huh, I never knew there was a YT channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/LowEndBoxTV

And RN on IG? I was expecting various shots of Dustin.

• Can I also win a 6 months provider subscription on LET? 💦

• @KermEd said: I think what you really need to figure out here @jbiloh is how you can profit more off folks like @dustinc and less off the tiny hosts. If he's got cash to throw around ipads, I think you should be charging him more than 13.44 a month

Maybe RN should just sponsor a provider's $200/yr instead of giving people iPads.

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited March 2022

Sigh. Not even an attempt at hiding clear favouritism of the abusive team at Racknerd.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@stevewatson301 said: Maybe RN should just sponsor a provider's $200/yr instead of giving people iPads.

Interesting idea.

I sort of like it.

@Dustinc, LowEndTalk has been awfully good to you, maybe pick a couple micro providers and help them out.

Thanked by 2Erisa Xrmaddness
  • @jbiloh said:

@stevewatson301 said: Maybe RN should just sponsor a provider's $200/yr instead of giving people iPads.

Interesting idea.

I sort of like it.

@Dustinc, LowEndTalk has been awfully good to you, maybe pick a couple micro providers and help them out.

Sorry, but this getting ridiculous. Have you really thought about what you are doing @jbiloh ?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Low-end talk, high-end giveaways.

Thanked by 1debian_dave
  • IroniaIronia Member
    edited March 2022

@jbiloh said:

Interesting idea.

I sort of like it.

I can't tell how serious this is, but if it's dead serious...

I think I saw a few people ask if they could just do a flat out donation without being a provider or getting the role, but they were turned down for some reason. I'm guessing to keep the income stream clean and predictable and purely business, but I really don't care enough to check.

If providers can openly sponsor other providers, maybe that option could be opened up to everyone and donations could be permitted under that scheme? Small private donations could go in a pool, when the pool hits $100 then a semi-random provider gets a tag. (Edit: Or if they already have a tag, their subscription gets extended)

It'd be a little weird, but not that much weirder than having one company sponsor another (presumably unaffiliated) company's marketing subscription.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@jbiloh said:

Interesting idea.

I sort of like it.

I like the idea as well, but I believe our focus is towards giving back to the community, vs funding provider marketing expenses.

Providers who advertise here run a business, and such a small fee is something they can easily absorb in my belief, if they can't that's not a very good sign. Not only from a funding perspective but also a business. Businesses who think small, and are always penny-pinching and in contraction stay small.

It's important that providers invest in their business, and support communities they believe in. Especially where you as a provider obtain business from (which is one of the reasons we provide giveaways). The community deserves giveaways, and providers are the ones who should be stepping up to do so. Keeping the community healthy, and growing is the ultimate goal.

If there are providers who need assistance growing their business, and would like to chat over the phone, exchange ideas, and get creative I'm totally open to helping.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@dustinc said:

@jbiloh said:

Interesting idea.

I sort of like it.

I like the idea as well, but I believe our focus is towards giving back to the community, vs funding provider marketing expenses.

Providers who advertise here run a business, and such a small fee is something they can easily absorb in my belief, if they can't that's not a very good sign. Not only from a funding perspective but also a business. Businesses who think small, and are always penny-pinching and in contraction stay small.

It's important that providers invest in their business, and support communities they believe in. Especially where you as a provider obtain business from (which is one of the reasons we provide giveaways). The community deserves giveaways, and providers are the ones who should be stepping up to do so. Keeping the community healthy, and growing is the ultimate goal.

If there are providers who need assistance growing their business, and would like to chat over the phone, exchange ideas, and get creative I'm totally open to helping.

@dustinc said:

@jbiloh said:

Interesting idea.

I sort of like it.

I want help, but to win the iPad. :smile:

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Ironia said: I can't tell how serious this is, but if it's dead serious...

I think I saw a few people ask if they could just do a flat out donation without being a provider or getting the role, but they were turned down for some reason. I'm guessing to keep the income stream clean and predictable and purely business, but I really don't care enough to check.

If providers can openly sponsor other providers, maybe that option could be opened up to everyone and donations could be permitted under that scheme? Small private donations could go in a pool, when the pool hits $100 then a semi-random provider gets a tag. (Edit: Or if they already have a tag, their subscription gets extended)

It'd be a little weird, but not that much weirder than having one company sponsor another (presumably unaffiliated) company's marketing subscription.

I hadn't put any thought into it, just thought it was a neat idea. Years ago, ColoCrossing sponsored a kickstarter campaign at LowEndBox. Maybe that is something that could be explored again in some respect. Something to think about.

@dustinc said: Providers who advertise here run a business, and such a small fee is something they can easily absorb in my belief, if they can't that's not a very good sign. Not only from a funding perspective but also a business. Businesses who think small, and are always penny-pinching and in contraction stay small.

Good point.

@dustinc said: I like the idea as well, but I believe our focus is towards giving back to the community, vs funding provider marketing expenses.

Your contributions to the community are appreciated! :)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jbiloh said:
    I hadn't put any thought into it, just thought it was a neat idea. Years ago, ColoCrossing sponsored a kickstarter campaign at LowEndBox. Maybe that is something that could be explored again in some respect. Something to think about.

Years ago, ColonCrossing, whose parent company owns LowEndBox, sponsored a kickstarter campaign at LowEndBox.
    Nowadays, WNY IT Services, who owns LowEndTalk, could do the same, making a raffle to upgrading a random Host Rep that has less than $50000/year gross revenue to Provider for one year.
    The revenue may be verified by uploading their tax return through helpdesk.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur ariq01
  • Can I participate in the event by replying here?

• AidanAidan Member

@fensuiji said:
    Can I participate in the event by replying here?

No

• umzakumzak Member

How to? should i comment here or on youtube? :D

• Nice..

• valkvalk Member

@fensuiji said:
    Can I participate in the event by replying here?

Are you blind and lazy?

• umzakumzak Member

If your browser uses an adblocker, you won't see anything.

so you have to disable adblocker to see "Click here to Enter" button

• fazarfazar Member

good luck you guys! ;)
    thanks @dustinc for an amazing community giveaway.

• like this? I just filled in the same email and username as LET, do I need to sign up for a membership to this site?

• good luck is coming?

• @ariq01 said:
    @Ganonk lets go join Purple Daddy's event yoo :sunglasses: :cookie:

thanks

This discussion has been closed.