Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Idlers - Self-hosted web app for your servers, shared hosting and domain information - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Idlers - Self-hosted web app for your servers, shared hosting and domain information

2»

Comments

• @m4nu said:
    Maybe we can set it up in a way to work without .env file, @corbpie ? I didn't get it working yet because it's needed at least for the APP_KEY. Not an urgent issue though.

Laravel will not work without it. Rather send the key as argument with container creation.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

I see. So when I pass an APP_KEY env var with some random base64-encoded secret string, I don't need a .env file at all? That would be great.

What I find weird is that values in a .env file aren't overridden by container env vars, even though the docs say so.

I added a Github issue to keep track of this: https://github.com/cp6/my-idlers/issues/38

Thanked by 1corbpie

Project also needs a logo. Anyone feeling creative? 😀

edited June 2022

Just updated My-Idlers on PikaPods to use the new, official Docker image and also tried the YABS feature.

Have to admit this is really cool. Good job, @corbpie. The YABS view will basically give you all the details about the server it collected. So there isn't much to add manually except the price and provider.

If you didn't try it yet, give it a go! One-click setup on PikaPods. (All existing pods are already updated.)

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Wait, why isn't this a "hot" or "active" topic here?

Such a wonderful utility you have created @corbpie

• This is excellent! I remembered seeing this back in Jan but lost track of it. I'd vote for this to be a sticky until broad adoption :D

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@m4nu said:
    Just updated My-Idlers on PikaPods to use the new, official Docker image and also tried the YABS feature.

Have to admit this is really cool. Good job, @corbpie. The YABS view will basically give you all the details about the server it collected. So there isn't much to add manually except the price and provider.

If you didn't try it yet, give it a go! One-click setup on PikaPods. (All existing pods are already updated.)

@corbpie

Sir, sorry, can't help it, but why is it:

1. YABs, and not YABS?
    2. Ipv6, and not IPv6?
    3. Ram, and not RAM?

Again, sorry, minor "OCD" 🙏 :smiley:

@DP said:
    @corbpie

Sir, sorry, can't help it, but why is it:

1. YABs, and not YABS?
    2. Ipv6, and not IPv6?
    3. Ram, and not RAM?

Again, sorry, minor "OCD" 🙏 :smiley:

Pretty easy to open a pull request on GitHub and fix this. I'm especially proud when our PikaPods users go and improve an upstream project, as already happened with Idlers. 💪

Thanked by 3DP corbpie BlaZe
  • @DP said: Sir, sorry, can't help it, but why is it:

YABs, and not YABS?
    Ipv6, and not IPv6?
    Ram, and not RAM?

Yeah pretty valid points, that's some easy GitHub profile contribution points for you though :p

• Would be cool to have an API endpoint to add a YABS, so it can effectively be ran on a server with a script

• @jmgcaguicla said: Jesus tap-dancing christ

I'm stealing this.

• @luissousa said: Would be cool to have an API endpoint to add a YABS, so it can effectively be ran on a server with a script

Have added this

curl --location --request POST 'https://domain.com/api/yabs' \
    --header 'Accept: application/json' \
    --header 'Authorization: Bearer bearerwashere' \
    --header 'Cookie: XSRF-TOKEN=mytokenwashere' \
    --form 'server_id="SERVER_ID"' \
    --form 'yabs_output="YABS_OUTPUT_HERE"'

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • Wish I didn't have to use compose/artisan or docker for this app.

• @corbpie said:

@luissousa said: Would be cool to have an API endpoint to add a YABS, so it can effectively be ran on a server with a script

Have added this

curl --location --request POST 'https://domain.com/api/yabs' \
    --header 'Accept: application/json' \
    --header 'Authorization: Bearer bearerwashere' \
    --header 'Cookie: XSRF-TOKEN=mytokenwashere' \
    --form 'server_id="SERVER_ID"' \
    --form 'yabs_output="YABS_OUTPUT_HERE"'

Awesome! May I suggest doing POST /api/yabs/:server_id and sending the YABS output as plain body?

• Can we get a new release with the endpoint @corbpie? Running on docker :smile:

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • is there any way to export all the data and import it into another my-idlers app?

• @sirmbhe said:
    is there any way to export all the data and import it into another my-idlers app?

No idea if there is an in app option, but with a simple sql dump should do the job ass wel

Thanked by 1sirmbhe
  • Great app but cannot make it work. It does not save anything I enter and in some fields I cannot enter anything (like providers). Any ideas how to fix? Tried different DBs...

• @JohnFilch123 said: Great app but cannot make it work.

That some strange definition of great app.

@JohnFilch123 said: Any ideas how to fix? Tried different DBs...

I would start by getting some logs?

• @JohnFilch123 logs please and submit an issue

Thanked by 1JohnFilch123
  • @corbpie said:
    @JohnFilch123 logs please and submit an issue

It is interesting...I initially installed it on ARM server, tried it without docker since docker's image is x64. Now I re-installed it on Intel x64 server and it worked in Docker. One small thing - when I enter some details wrong (say IP address is not complete like 192.168.0) and try to save, it does not throw any error but all the data disappears. Is there any chance you can add some sort of notification like 'incorrect IP address' or something similar?