Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russia’s Yandex warns of default risk after suspension of trading
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Russia’s Yandex warns of default risk after suspension of trading

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Good riddance.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Anyone knows if Mail.ru group is affected by suspension of trading?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I have read that the clause is about loans becoming due back in case of suspension of trading, but I believe that is about the suspension due to some fault of the company, if the whole SE is down, you can hardly fault the company, this is one of those "acts of God" Putin which can't be avoided.

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    1. Google discontinues Legacy Free plan.
    2. You are thinking about switching to Yandex.
    3. Yandex deadpools.
    4. You have to buy Google Workspace.

It's a scheme to sell Google Workspace.
    Google is doing evil.

• @yoursunny said:
    1. Google discontinues Legacy Free plan.
    2. You are thinking about switching to Yandex.
    3. Yandex deadpools.
    4. You have to buy Google Workspace.

It's a scheme to sell Google Workspace.
    Google is doing evil.

I switched to Zoho, I save quite a bit and don't miss anything from Google Workspace. Others complained about support but when my own account got blocked while testing a VPN service (Zoho saw connections from multiple locations in a short time so for security reasons they blocked my account), I contacted them on Twitter and the problem was resolved very quickly, so no problems there either so far.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@vitobotta said:
    I switched to Zoho, I save quite a bit and don't miss anything from Google Workspace. Others complained about support but when my own account got blocked while testing a VPN service (Zoho saw connections from multiple locations in a short time so for security reasons they blocked my account), I contacted them on Twitter and the problem was resolved very quickly, so no problems there either so far.

Alas, such an asinine "security" feature is definitely a no-go to anyone with serious mobility requirements.

• mwtmwt Member

Alas, such an asinine "security" feature is definitely a no-go to anyone with serious mobility requirements.

This never happened to me. It may be that this particular VPN IP was blacklisted or that they only do this for new accounts. I think it's very common for providers with free trials to be more strict on unusual usage during the trial.