Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asurahosting Excellent Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Asurahosting Excellent Support

evnixevnix Member
edited February 2012 in Reviews

I had some really bad trouble with my existing shared hosting provider.
My site would go down for no fault of mine. They would simply blame me that I was using more resources although I was receiving no more than 300 visits a day.

So I decided to go for VPS hosting for the first time ever. As I did some searching, I realized that VPS was a bit expensive compared to shared hosting. Now thats how I ended up at the lowendtalk website.

After doing some searching here, I made a list of some active members at this forum.
I decided to go with AsuraHosting as it suited me the most.
I sent an email asking them all the details such as how do I set up a domain etc. etc.

and the reply came within minutes, explaining in detail, all the questions that i had asked.
Now the time came when I had to actually set up the webserver and the database on my own.
Since this was my first time setting up servers, I ended up wasting nearly 2 days but still couldn't get anything running.

Again I sent an email asking for some advice, The reply came in minutes(in less than 5 minutes), They explained me what the problem was and told me that they would install Nginx+PHP-FPM+APC+MYSQL for me. They installed all of these in a matter of 10 minutes and replied me with the necessary details of the installation.

I went ahead to install sendmail and to my surprise, They had already installed it :)

The support from AsuraHosting is really fast and excellent. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a VPS host.

Comments

• Awesome to see that your first experience trying out a low end vps is working out for you and AsuraHosting was able to help you get everything working. Since you are on an unmanaged service, I'd suggest installing VirtualBox on your own computer in your spare time and learning how to manage a Linux web server so that you are able to handle any future issues on your own.

Good luck.

• Yes do not bother them anymore with configuration issues! :)

• You have only just joined and your first post is a review of a provider, Care to share a IP Address and your website?

Time to Investigate.... O_o

• @Jacob said: You have only just joined and your first post is a review of a provider, Care to share a IP Address and your website?

The IP address is 63.141.248.206
    I haven't pointed my domain to this IP yet.(Backing up and Testing everything on my localhost for now)

@Corey said: Yes do not bother them anymore with configuration issues! :)

The best part is, I did not ask them to do it for me, I just asked for advice, They willingly helped me out and thats the reason why I mentioned that their support was excellent.

• @evnix said: As I did some searching, I realized that VPS was a bit expensive compared to shared hosting. Now thats how I ended up at the lowendtalk website.

You might wish to take a look on http://lowendbox.com :)

@Chief still no link back to the main site from the forums? Even the "LowEndBox" copyright text in the footer isn't linked.

• @Kuro, is that a question because you need clarification? Try This ;)

I'll put a navblock under "Start Discussion" later in the week.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@evnix said: The IP address is 63.141.248.206

what ip address is this?

• @prometeus said: what ip address is this?

The IP address that i was assigned by the VPS provider

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2012

Ok, thanks. I did a whois and didn't see what I was expecting. Maybe some slowness changing ARIN assignment.

• Thanks very much for the review; we really appreciate your kind words.

• I've been hanging out in the AsuraHosting IRC for a while now. It seems like just Edward, me, Infinity(Humza), and a bot named Bot are the only regulars, but when his clients come in we usually pause our conversation and he starts helping them out until their issues are resolved.

• @DotVPS Are you Dosing their irc and wondering why no one is speaking?

• Great review. Let us know how it continues.