Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed VPS/server? Cloudways? What are the best options?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed VPS/server? Cloudways? What are the best options?

I run and manage several Wordpress sites (including 2 Woocommerce stores) and a self-hosted Matomo running off of a Vultr instance. However, after many years of admining my own servers, I'd like to stop doing so and have someone else manage it.

What are the best options for this?

I'm looking for:

-Managed backups
-Managed server upgrades
-24/7 monitoring to minimize downtime
-Reliable support to fix any issues
-Possibility to install/manage Matomo instance

I'm looking at Cloudways, but I don't know a lot about managed services. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

We can tailor a managed package to suit your needs, including backups. Either using something like DirectAdmin or a fully managed custom stack.

We work with a few web agencies who deal with Wordpress so pretty familar with it (Wordpress and Magento are most common we deal with) and how to optimise things for it.

We can even offer packages that include things such as keeping Wordpress sites up dated as well if required.

• @Mr_Tom
    I've got a few services with him and there support is very helpful

And there management is awesome

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

Hell stab,

We provide fully managed services in Italy. What's the location you're interested to?

• I dont think Cloudways woth the money, you pay double for you VPS

• Hostinger provide some lowcost managed cloud… They seem very good at it. I'll probably try them soon for a project. Scalahosting seem good too…

• @rober7 said:
    I dont think Cloudways woth the money, you pay double for you VPS

Which one do you recommand?

• @pixluser said:

@rober7 said:
    I dont think Cloudways woth the money, you pay double for you VPS

Which one do you recommend?

I cant recement anyone because i manage my own VPS ... tried Cloudways free trial and in my opinion didn't wort double the money for the VPS. Did you checked SpinupWP?

• I've been using RunCloud since October last year to manage several VPS and dozens of WordPress sites, the results are quite satisfactory. very easy to do automatic backups, clone websites between vps, ssl, wordpress staging, auto upgrade server, etc.

webserver choices are nginx and openlitespeed. There is also a Mamoto script available which we can install automatically.

• I use HestiaCP for a few sites. It’s under active development and it’s free. Looks a bit dated tho.

I also use Runcloud but probably not for long as the servers I have there are cheaper than their monthly subscription ($15)…

I’ve used Cloudways but I felt like they had too much control.

• stabstab Member
    edited February 2022

I ended up migrating everything to Cloudways. I agree that the amount of control they exert over your server is uncomfortable but overall it seems like a solid service. They use a combo of nginx and Apache, you have no control over the nginx config at all and can only implement your own .htaccess rules.

Tickets I've sent have been answered within 5 minutes which is promising.

Very simple migration, SSL, auto backups, instant push/pull from staging sites, etc. Sounds like it's about the same thing as Runcloud, but at some point you have to love being a server admin for it to make sense to keep admining your own servers. I understand why people are uncomfortable with paying 2x prices to a middle man, but the value is there.

Thanked by 1Caspooor
  • sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@stab

Currently, we're offering a managed option for all our Server products in our portfolio.
    Our managed services are comparable to other managed server offers on the market. All services on the root server / vServer are monitored with the help of an external monitoring system and maintained by our employees. The big difference between our managed server offers and those of our competitors is that, you as a customer have full administrative access to the servers and are allowed to make changes to the server system.

You can see more informations here: https://signaltransmitter.de/en/management-addons