Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH SoYouStart OS Options/ any similar servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH SoYouStart OS Options/ any similar servers?

Hello guys,
I already have a kimsufi cheap server, but have been wanting higher speeds so have been looking new services/ servers.
So you start looks like an good option, however their supported OS's are very few. You can't creat an account to see the installation templets they offer, either.
Does someone here have one of their soyoustart servers in the essential range and can confirm the OS list for me?
Is any version of Fedora or Ubuntu supported? wierd that they don't allow installing those, as on kimsufi they do.
and or if not, could you guys suggest me any server that have similar specs for about same price?
Here is what I want.
8TB hdd storage, 16GB ram to 32GB, 4core CPU. about 25 pounds?
Thanks

Comments

• henixhenix Member
    edited February 2022

//"virtualizor slave" is a template i created so you should ignore that. the rest are official templates

Thanked by 1falconner
  • If your server has IPMI you can install any software via an iso

• ArkasArkas Moderator

It's crazy they don't offer Debian 11 as standard.

Thanked by 1afn
  • Most SYS servers have KVM enabled. Use qemu+kvm in rescue mode to install the OS of your dreams.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Smith42 said: Most SYS servers have KVM enabled. Use qemu+kvm in rescue mode to install the OS of your dreams.

The point isn't what you can do to work around it, but what it offers out of the box.

Thanked by 1falconner
  • @Smith42 said:
    Most SYS servers have KVM enabled. Use qemu+kvm in rescue mode to install the OS of your dreams.

This is what I do every time I don't like templates for dedis..

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • @henix said:

//"virtualizor slave" is a template i created so you should ignore that. the rest are official templates

Is this SYS? If so how do you accomplish this? Would love to have Almalinux in my dropdown

• Thank you guys for the suggestions! and especial shout out at @henix for the screenshot.
    Are there any servers at 25GBP Mo that offer similar specs? hdd bandwidth most important.
    Thank you all again.