Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.NET - End of Life dedicated servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.NET - End of Life dedicated servers

What servers are affected ?

"End of Life
REMINDER - Some servers will be terminated from April 4th, 2022. If you are impacted you should have received a support ticket and an email "Fin de vie / End of Life" with a list of impacted servers. We are available to assist you with your migration."

Comments

• tjntjn Member
    edited February 2022

I have an idea... It might be radical, but hear me out:
    Did you receive a support ticket from online.net or ask them?

Also:

@xrz said: if you are impacted

If not, someone will be along shortly to double your bandwidth and resolve this for you.

Thanked by 2mwt o_be_one
  • i dont have a servers with them, thats the problem :D And i wanna know from people here.

Since when it is forbidden to ask? lol

• Dear customer,

Following the email you received a few weeks ago (Subject : End of support for some Dedibox servers followed by end of life), we are reminding you of this matter in this ticket, along with the key dates and list of your impacted servers.

You still have time to plan the migration of your services and applications with peace of mind in the coming months.

Dates to keep in mind:
    From January 1 2022: Arrival of new ultra-competitive dedicated server offers, always more adapted to your needs.
    February 1, 2022: end of service and support on the affected servers. At this stage, in the event of a breakdown, we will no longer be able to repair or get your server back into service.
    April 4, 2022: the affected servers will be shut down and decommissioned.

And the list of impacted servers :
    sd-81xxxx

You can already pick a replacement in our current offers or wait for the new ranges to be available in january.

Thank you for your trust,
    The Scaleway team.

for me impacted server is:
    LT DEALS 1701.1

Thanked by 1xrz
  • rdesrdes Member
    edited February 2022

Got this EOL for fairly new E3-1240v3 server and not for 2 years older 1240v1 so I don't know what their point is.
    Also they took double payment from my credit card this month and told me to wait 14 working days for refund ;).
    Interesting what they will do about oneprovider servers - those old Xeons L3426, etc.

Thanked by 1xrz
  • Would be interesting whether Kidechire servers will be effected regarding their low price. Does anybody still run those super low-end boxes and received a ticket?

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited February 2022

I have a Kidechire server but have not (yet ?) received such an email. Given the reputation of online I do expect it though (sooner or later)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2022

@webcraft said: Would be interesting whether Kidechire servers will be effected regarding their low price.

Keep an eye on whether they still sell the exact same server currently.

And they do: https://www.scaleway.com/en/dedibox/start/start-2-s-sata/

For 15 EURO (lol).

So while the same hardware is in a current offer, it is not the time yet to expect termination of those.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If they're retiring servers they must be planning a new product launch. You know they won't actually retire hardware until it catches fire.

Thanked by 1I_Dissected
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2022

@rm_ said:

@webcraft said: Would be interesting whether Kidechire servers will be effected regarding their low price.

Keep an eye on whether they still sell the exact same server currently.

And they do: https://www.scaleway.com/en/dedibox/start/start-2-s-sata/

For 15 EURO (lol).

So while the same hardware is in a current offer, it is not the time yet to expect termination of those.

But you can always expect a price increase on those, just because it is Scaleway.

• Interesting what they will do about oneprovider servers - those old Xeons L3426, etc.

And here's the answer it seems... :(
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177171/another-terrible-shitters#latest

• @jar said:
    If they're retiring servers they must be planning a new product launch. You know they won't actually retire hardware until it catches fire.

This isn't OVH.

• @rdes said:
    Got this EOL for fairly new E3-1240v3 server and not for 2 years older 1240v1 so I don't know what their point is.

Their HP-based E3-1240v3 model (ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2) had some issue with HW raid (capacitors on the verge of death, randomly preventing proper boot). That could be the reason why they just kiss them goodbye, contrary to their other (archaic) HP/Dell servers with no such problem.

• Is the email real or kind of faked?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2022

@debaser said:

@jar said:

This isn't OVH.

You new? Online.net will sell you a hard drive that died three years ago and argue with you about it. Couldn't find a worse provider if you tried.

• @xrz said:
    i dont have a servers with them, thats the problem :D And i wanna know from people here.

My bad!
    This place is riddled with people that can't be bothered to google something or ask their own host - mistakenly thought you were one of them.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2022

@tjn said:

@xrz said:
    i dont have a servers with them, thats the problem :D And i wanna know from people here.

My bad!
    This place is riddled with people that can't be bothered to google something or ask their own host - mistakenly thought you were one of them.

@tjn said:

@xrz said:

My bad!

I have an idea... It might be radical, but hear me out:
    how about you stay off LET and you google all the info YOU need,

follow your own advice.

• miumiu Member
    edited February 2022

IMO: When someone wants play for EOL: Good provider will offer you newer machine (with better config) as replacement, place it into the same rack space and remain existing IPs, and when it is possible then suitable chasis where is possible move your existing harddisk and will try help you with all.. SHITTERS will only send you notification that "your servers are EOL, you should choose another" and offer you a much more expensive or much lower config (mean for example hdd space) configuration as replacement. Exactly this case. And evidently they are cancelling mainly cheap large SATAs servers from previous BlackFridays and special sales/dropping over board these customers.

• @jar said:

@debaser said:

@jar said:

This isn't OVH.

You new? Online.net will sell you a hard drive that died three years ago and argue with you about it. Couldn't find a worse provider if you tried.

To be honest, i had no technical problems (dying HW) whole time and servers were running stable. But real headache is for me what they did now (move all away and also reconfig for new IPs). In each case now i think imo that use online.net or OP is good way to have useless troubles sooner or later.

• @jar said:

@debaser said:

@jar said:

This isn't OVH.

You said “until it catches fire”, which sounds more like OVH than Online.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@miu said: SHITTERS will only send you notification that "your servers are EOL, you should choose another

While offer you better server with same IP is possible, it is technically a nightmare AND it will involve serious downtime.
    For sanity reasons they would like to have same kind of server in same racks sot it is easier to service them, usually assign the same team of technicians to those racks so they know them in and out.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • xrzxrz Member
    edited February 2022

@tjn said:

@xrz said:

My bad!

No, my bad!

1 I did mentioned i have ZERO/NADA/No/0 server with them

2 Not my provider as they are pure crap

3 This is forum for talking

4 Fock google

5 Learn to read

6 Repeat all steps, and search for a help, clearly something is totally wrong with you

• well, I guest oneprovider will do the same

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited April 2022

Are there any news about this?

I had a VPS provider with a Online.net server (Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3) in this same situation...

I mean these server are reasonably fine and recent. My provider ended migrating to a OVH server.

What do they do with these servers? Get new ones and increase costs? What's the point of interrupting services like this? Why don't they expand and create new infrastructure for the new servers?

There's barely any offers now on Oneprovider except those weak "Dedicated Cloud" ones which are kinda bad deals...

Maybe they're pushing older Online.net/Scaleway servers as Oneprovider deals?