Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - Amsterdam better than half price sale! - 24 hours only!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - Amsterdam better than half price sale! - 24 hours only!

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

Hi Folks,

We are having a quick flash sale in the Netherlands for 24 hours only, use promotion code: **GG9C08J7BS **for any Amsterdam KVM VPS with 1 GB or more.

Sale terms:

1. This will not apply to existing products or upgrades.
  2. This sale is for 24 hours only
  3. The promotional code works on annual payment terms only.

Order link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=33

Example product:

• 2 vCPU (E2276G or better on equal share)
  • 2 GB Ram
  • 30 GB Pure NVMe SSD Disk space
  • 6000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
  • 1 x IPv4 address
  • 1 x /64 IPv6

€29.40 /year

Order link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=33

All products come with Free direct admin licenses on request and complimentary DDOS protection.

Speedtest/network diagnostincs: https://as62240.net

Comments/questions are welcome.

Cheers.

Anthony.

Comments

• is this recurring offer?

• InceptionHosting in buisness since 2010-12-07T17:17:43 just fyi. :)

Thanked by 2Ganonk _MS_
  • @Merlincool said:
    is this recurring offer?

Yes. (IH's offers are always recurring unless they say otherwise)

• Thank you. I have got some :)

• After coupon applied, 2C1G NL VPS costs 14.7 euro, fyi

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

@Merlincool said:
    is this recurring offer?

Yep.

:)

• Very reliable provider. Have both UK and NL locations and are great!
    Do you have German location?

• @niceboy said:
    Very reliable provider. Have both UK and NL locations and are great!
    Do you have German location?

Yes, they're in Frankfurt. Clouviders upstream quality is the best in UK though, imo.

• The looking glass ping/traceroute tool is not functional for me.

• What DC?

• @Shot2 said:
    What DC?

Should be Clouvider

• @Shot2 said:
    What DC?

What part of https://as62240.net/ can we not read?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Shot2 said:
    What DC?

Amsterdam Data Tower

Thanked by 2Shot2 vimalware
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited February 2022

@singhigh said:
    Should be Clouvider

Thanks. Great seeing Clouvider open its very own datacenter in AMS :)

@vyas11 said:
    What part of https://as62240.net/ can we not read?

Thanks, had overlooked the "AMS-IX" datacenter mention.

:D

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Never stood chance to try inception hosting, heard lot about them. I am already have same specs vps with racknerd so I don't know if I really should go for this one. Though pricing between racknerd and this is same. Will try something in future if there is some drop on prices.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@AnthonySmith Up the disk a bit and maybe some more sweet bandwidth on the 2GB RAM offer and we have a deal - like the BF package ;)
    It's hard to compete on shared hosting when everyone is offering 50+GB on their starter packages and that's more than I have available on my entire VPS...

• @tomle said:
    @AnthonySmith Up the disk a bit and maybe some more sweet bandwidth on the 2GB RAM offer and we have a deal - like the BF package ;)
    It's hard to compete on shared hosting when everyone is offering 50+GB on their starter packages and that's more than I have available on my entire VPS...

Start overselling like those others offering it on their starters package.

edited February 2022

@Merlincool said:
    Never stood chance to try inception hosting, heard lot about them. I am already have same specs vps with racknerd so I don't know if I really should go for this one. Though pricing between racknerd and this is same. Will try something in future if there is some drop on prices.

There is a 14 day refund policy, why not give it a spin.

@webcraft said:

@tomle said:

Start overselling like those others offering it on their starters package.

Not really sure what to say about this to be honest, VPS on raid enterprise NVMe vs oversold hard-limited shared hosting, that you have actually no idea what it is running on, its not really comparable, I also must have been told 100 times in the last 6 months already that we offer to much bandwidth haha.

If people have BF deals year-round, they won't be here year-round :)

Thanked by 1webcraft

@ravi said:
    is free DirectAdmin included with this offer?
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/30/FREE-Direct-admin.html

@InceptionHosting said: All products come with Free direct admin licenses

:) yep

Thanked by 1ravi
  • edited February 2022

@Merlincool said:
    Never stood chance to try inception hosting, heard lot about them. I am already have same specs vps with racknerd so I don't know if I really should go for this one. Though pricing between racknerd and this is same. Will try something in future if there is some drop on prices.

Comparing AlphaRacks to Inception Hosting is like comparing a ford fiesta to a Lamborghini. Definitely try them, well worth the money.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @InceptionHosting He scammed me 6 years ago. I had a Nat server with him and the server was offline for 4 days every week.

I wrote him a ticket and he canceled all my Nat services and did not give my money back.

Apparently he did not like my tone. and he thinks yolo the guy we cancel all servers and shit on him.

@TeoM said: @InceptionHosting He scammed me 6 years ago. I had a Nat server with him and the server was offline for 4 days every week.

I wrote him a ticket and he canceled all my Nat services and did not give my money back.

Apparently he did not like my tone. and he thinks yolo the guy we cancel all servers and shit on him.

Back in the (original) LES times, ticket support was not provided if I remember correctly, which makes sense for a 3€/year VPS. Anyway you can't compare LES with regular IH services. LES didn't offer a guarantee of any kind, for good reason.

If your entire account got cancelled maybe you were too unreasonable with a service which was provided essentially out of good will and not for profit.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @Nyr said:

@TeoM said: @InceptionHosting He scammed me 6 years ago. I had a Nat server with him and the server was offline for 4 days every week.

Back in the (original) LES times, ticket support was not provided if I remember correctly, which makes sense for a 3€/year VPS. Anyway you can't compare LES with regular IH services. LES didn't offer a guarantee of any kind, for good reason.

If your entire account got cancelled maybe you were too unreasonable with a service which was provided essentially out of good will and not for profit.

Thank you. Yes you are totally right. But come on 4 days a week offline server ? Yes the server is cheap but money is money or not ?

• @TeoM said:

@Nyr said:

Thank you. Yes you are totally right. But come on 4 days a week offline server ? Yes the server is cheap but money is money or not ?

Hint: not all amounts of money are equal.

@TeoM said: Thank you. Yes you are totally right. But come on 4 days a week offline server ? Yes the server is cheap but money is money or not ?

Those were some low spec servers with a shared IP address for everyone. 4 days of downtime were not the norm, but it could happen for example in cases of repeated DDoS attacks.

I am sorry if it did not meet your expectations, but in my mind: 3€/year = no guarantees. With any provider.

• @InceptionHosting said:
    I also must have been told 100 times in the last 6 months already that we offer too much bandwidth haha.

Indeed, would be a waste of performance imo if your service is used as storage or proxy service.

• @InceptionHosting said: There is a 14 day refund policy, why not give it a spin.

Is there? According to your ToS:

If your purchase was made in conjunction with a promotional code then only 48 hours from the order time is given instead of 14 days.

You will only qualify for a refund if you have selected ‘Monthly’ or ‘Quarterly” during checkout and on your first order.

Thanked by 2Astro TimboJones
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@InceptionHosting said: and complimentary DDOS protection.

That's included in the NL DC? I thought only the UK DCs offered it.
    In any case, I'm going to give it a go.

• Got 1. Something strange with upload speed.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-28                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu 03 Feb 2022 08:51:19 PM GMT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2278G CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3408.032 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 2.0 GiB
    Disk       : 27.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 134.52 MB/s  (33.6k) | 778.72 MB/s  (12.1k)
    Write      | 134.87 MB/s  (33.7k) | 782.82 MB/s  (12.2k)
    Total      | 269.40 MB/s  (67.3k) | 1.56 GB/s    (24.3k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 763.97 MB/s   (1.4k) | 756.73 MB/s    (739)
    Write      | 804.57 MB/s   (1.5k) | 807.13 MB/s    (788)
    Total      | 1.56 GB/s     (3.0k) | 1.56 GB/s     (1.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.12 Gbits/sec  | 1.23 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 158 Mbits/sec   | 6.08 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 2.06 Gbits/sec  | 9.23 Gbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 13.0 Mbits/sec  | 463 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 21.2 Mbits/sec  | 2.06 Gbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 11.6 Mbits/sec  | 1.48 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 37.3 Mbits/sec  | 638 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 26.0 Mbits/sec  | 844 Mbits/sec  

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 78.7 Mbits/sec  | 674 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 394 Mbits/sec   | 7.76 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.71 Gbits/sec  | 7.12 Gbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 14.9 Mbits/sec  | 497 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 74.2 Mbits/sec  | 1.99 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 101 Mbits/sec   | 1.12 Gbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1228                          
    Multi Core      | 2181                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12570239

Thanked by 1Arkas