Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24 TB Dedicated Server (UK, Finland, or Netherlands)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

24 TB Dedicated Server (UK, Finland, or Netherlands)

guerrillaguerrilla Member
edited January 2022 in Requests

Looking for a dedicated server with around 24TB (HDD) of space for maybe 6 months or longer depending. Hoping to be in one of three countries (UK, Findland, Netherlands) but anything in Europe might do except for Germany.

decent CPU (CPU mark > 6000)
16+ GB RAM
1-10Gbps Network
50-100TB of Traffic

Budget $40-50

I've looked into netdynamics24 and fractionservers but they seem to have double what I need for double the price of course. Hetzner has one, even with new prices, so I don't think my budget is crazy but it's in Germany.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • @guerrilla said: I don't think my budget is crazy but it's in Germany.

The only one I can think of that can come close to that budget is walkerservers, which they resell Leaseweb in NL and has 32TB HDD (4 x 8) , 100TB @ 1G for 54 euros ($60 USD).

Yesterday they had 2 in stock, today is sold out.

https://clients.walkerservers.com/cart.php?gid=2

Thanked by 1guerrilla
  • ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

Hetzner has a bunch of options in Finland, but there's also OneProvider and OVH:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=HL1-HO0-E8G :)

• afnafn Member
    edited January 2022

@guerrilla said: but they seem to have double what I need for double the price of course. Hetzner has one, even with new prices, so I don't think my budget is crazy but it's in Germany.

I hate to admit this, but if your budget is Hetzner's price, then it is crazy. Hetzner is known for being almost the cheapest provider in Europe when it comes to value/price for dedis.

Only pulsedmedia and LW via resellers can be close on discounts/offers
    You can also check oneprovider

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We have some in stock with E5-2630 but not with that little storage :D
    Immediately ready some with 2xE5-2630, 12x8TB and 96GB RAM - but 10G so will go over your budget wildly.

We got something coming available in the next few weeks, but again as they are 10G Unmetered over your budget.

Custom built ryzens are available too, but again, 10G will go over your budget.

With ~2k sysmark points CPU we got some in your budget.

@afn said: Only pulsedmedia and LW via resellers can be close on discounts/offers

We don't resell, we got our own datacenter in Helsinki :)

• Careful with Walkerservers. They have a criminal copyright complaint filed against them and the owner could possibly face lawsuit(s) and jail time in the near future. It's pretty much a one man company, so if the owner goes down, so will the company and your server(s).

Read more: https://torrentfreak.com/criminal-copyright-complaint-filed-against-bittorrent-seedbox-providers-211110/

Hetzner has 4x10TB servers in Finland on the server auction that show up regularly. You can't go wrong with Hetzner, it is an established company and a much better choice compared to a small reseller that is already facing legal issues.

• afnafn Member
    edited January 2022

@PulsedMedia said: We don't resell, we got our own datacenter in Helsinki

I said:

Never said you do? (pulsedmedia) and (LW via resellers).
    And even if you were to misunderstand the sentence "( pulsedmedia and LW ) via resellers" , it would mean he will have to get something from you through a reseller (who resells your services). There is no context in which the sentence would mean you are a reseller. (Someone did not have their morning coffee today :wink: )

@afn said:

@PulsedMedia said: We don't resell, we got our own datacenter in Helsinki

I said:

Never said you do? (pulsedmedia) and (LW via resellers).
    And even if you were to misunderstand the sentence "( pulsedmedia and LW ) via resellers" , it would mean he will have to get something from you through a reseller (who resells your services). There is no context in which the sentence would mean you are a reseller. (Someone did not have their morning coffee today :wink: )

Oh i misunderstood that sentence it seems :) I'll go make some coffee too.

Thanked by 1afn
  • @afn said: Only pulsedmedia and LW via resellers

Can get easily misunderstood that pulsedmedia are resellers

• we got some in your budget.

i am looking at similar specs. you still got any? @PulsedMedia

@opiq said:

we got some in your budget.

Yes but only with 10G. We are not accepting new 1G orders because of the energy crisis right now, some 1U servers cost now 80€ a month in electricity alone.

• opiqopiq Member
    edited December 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

@opiq said:

Yes but only with 10G. We are not accepting new 1G orders because of the energy crisis right now, some 1U servers cost now 80€ a month in electricity alone.

got it. how much for those specs (ignoring the cpu mark)? @PulsedMedia

• @opiq said:

try seedhost.eu.. they haven't raised their prices at all.

@opiq said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@opiq said:

Xeon L5640
    24G RAM
    6x8TB
    10G Unmetered FUP
    189€ a month

Xeon L5640
    48G RAM
    6x8TB
    10G Unmetered FUP
    194€ a month

Xeon L5640
    72G RAM
    4x8TB
    10G Unmetered FUP
    189€ a month

All of these are already racked and has been in production so delivery within 2 weeks, just need to do maintenance routine, and furnish to this spec. Some Ryzens are also similarly available and ready to go :)