Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider - Price change for servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider - Price change for servers

tronyxtronyx Member
edited January 2022 in Providers

Looks like everybody starts with this kind messages as I just received it:

Dear,

At OneProvider, we have always taken pride in offering some of the lowest prices on the market. Furthermore, we have strived to keep those prices low despite the many uncertainties of the market by absorbing the rising cost of hardware and electricity.

As you might be aware, inflation rates have significantly risen worldwide because of the challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic. This new reality has a direct effect on the cost of operation of our dedicated servers and forces us to review the price of our services.

In order to maintain a high level of quality for our services, most dedicated servers† will see an indexation of 3%. This adjustment will be reflected on your next invoice.

Here is a list of affected services:

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued trust over the years.

We remain available for any questions you may have.

Regard,
OneProvider

† Services that have already been subjected to a recent price hike, services that have been purchased after Nov 20th 2021, as well as services that are part of an upcoming migration are not concerned by this indexation.

What you think about it ?

Comments

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @tronyx said:
    Looks like everybody starts with this kind messages as I just received it:

Dear,

At OneProvider, we have always taken pride in offering some of the lowest prices on the market. Furthermore, we have strived to keep those prices low despite the many uncertainties of the market by absorbing the rising cost of hardware and electricity.

As you might be aware, inflation rates have significantly risen worldwide because of the challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic. This new reality has a direct effect on the cost of operation of our dedicated servers and forces us to review the price of our services.

In order to maintain a high level of quality for our services, most dedicated servers† will see an indexation of 3%. This adjustment will be reflected on your next invoice.

Here is a list of affected services:

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued trust over the years.

We remain available for any questions you may have.

Regard,
    OneProvider

† Services that have already been subjected to a recent price hike, services that have been purchased after Nov 20th 2021, as well as services that are part of an upcoming migration are not concerned by this indexation.

What you think about it ?

shit in, shit out.

• It's fair, I say. At the very least, it's proportional to the current price (which reflects perfs and thus power consumption, to some extent).

Better than the stupid move "+1€ on each server" by Online, or the inane price hike by Hetzner.

• What you think about it?

That's just oneprovider. Find another one.

• I havent gotten that email yet hmm

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2022

Didn't get email as yet but 3 percent doesn't sound terrible at this point though I just migrated in time I would say.

• gas, electricity, mobility.. idgaf.. but when it comes to servers...

Thanked by 3mrTom hostwebis JasonM
  • Covid 19 is just an excuse, if they owned their own hardware then it’d be no issue. You can’t blame covid 19 product supply/demand issues on 8 year old CPU servers

Thanked by 2JasonM rm_
  • Not bad, that's a 47 cents increase for me.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Well, all data centre operators increase prices annually, every single year, at minimum 5%. On top of this data centre operators are now facing significantly higher cost of energy. I don’t see why this wouldn’t be passed in to an end-Customer

Thanked by 3mrTom vyas11 vimalware
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2022

^ especially at lowend prices
    (31c price rise for me.)

• afnafn Member

@corbpie said: Covid 19 is just an excuse, if they owned their own hardware then it’d be no issue. You can’t blame covid 19 product supply/demand issues on 8 year old CPU servers

1- what if they do not own the hardware? (probably the case for oneprovider)
    2- Even if they own it, you do realize that operation cost still increases, right? if you HDD fails, they get you a new one with the new prices. They pay from traffic and electricity with the new prices, not the 8 years old prices. I agree people use covid a lot as an excuse tho. But in this particular instance, this is a valid excuse. The 3% is proportional and makes sense.

Thanked by 1hostwebis
  • Hetzner done
    oneprovider done

so now only OVH remaining??

Thanked by 1miu
  • Cant avoid.