Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

frantec luxembourg shared hosting and storage slab - any chance? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

frantec luxembourg shared hosting and storage slab - any chance?

124»

Comments

• VayVayKaVayVayKa Member
    edited January 2022

@JabJab said:
    TL;DR: Router moving to different floor in next 12-24h, short (~20 min to infinity) network outage expected.

It looks like the "Team Luxembourg" will give us a stone age again for half a day;)

• Downtime has started on 10:44 LUX local time

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rick2610 said:
    Downtime has started on 10:44 LUX local time

yep, once i saw the 1st transit port go down I had Root start moving the router.

We'll see how well things line up.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@rick2610 said:
    Downtime has started on 10:44 LUX local time

We'll see how well things line up.

At the end of the work, will there be a mailing list or again you do not consider it necessary?

@VayVayKa said: At the end of the work, will there be a mailing list or again you do not consider it necessary?

probably shouldn't need it. when we're done we're done. There's nothing else planned.

Francisco

• @rick2610 said: Downtime has started on 10:44 LUX local time

Hmmm, HetrixTools shows 9 minutes earlier - I guess different fiber disconnected earlier triggered different monitoring tools? tbh first bigger 100% packet loss shows up around 10:23 so this was the start time I guess? ;)

• @JabJab said:

@rick2610 said: Downtime has started on 10:44 LUX local time

Hmmm, HetrixTools shows 9 minutes earlier - I guess different fiber disconnected earlier triggered different monitoring tools? tbh first bigger 100% packet loss shows up around 10:23 so this was the start time I guess? ;)

I use statuscake ping monitoring (free version)

• @rick2610 said: I use statuscake ping monitoring (free version)

Test interval 5 minutes?
    Mate, try Hetrixtools, it's free too :D

• current downtime is 1 hour :(

• and we back.

• yes back online 11:46

Node23 Has Recovered
    Total Downtime: 01:06:30

• @rick2610 said:
    Total Downtime: 01:06:30

UptimeRobot says "It was down for 1 hour and 12 minutes"

• 1hr 11mins from HetrixTools

Yep, just fixing a cross connect for one of the racks, then we should be golden :)

Francisco

• snevskysnevsky Member
    edited January 2022

@Francisco said: Yep, just fixing a cross connect for one of the racks, then we should be golden

your dns is down, please check ticket #394344

UPD: Restored

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited January 2022

sites on lu-shared01 down for 11 hours, will submit ticket

• @Francisco said: ARP hold times getting in the way

If you don't mind a little off-topic, could you explain that some? I actually use keepalived on a few things so I'm curious as I thought keepalived pushing out gratuitous arps handled it.

edited January 2022

If you don't mind a little off-topic, could you explain that some? I actually use keepalived on a few things so I'm curious as I thought keepalived pushing out gratuitous arps handled it.

I think keepalived blasts out an ARP packet whenever the IP migrates so it should be fine. If you were to just drop the IP from one VM and put it on another w/o that? It'd be a bit messy.

@postcd said: sites on lu-shared01 down for 11 hours, will submit ticket

Maybe you're the user eating a flood and got nulled. 01's been (mostly) fine.

Francisco

Thanked by 2postcd skorous
  • @Francisco said: I think keepalived blasts out an ARP packet whenever the IP migrates so it should be fine. If you were to just drop the IP from one VM and put it on another w/o that? It'd be a bit messy.

Oh, okay right. Yeah it actually sends out several just to be sure. I thought you were saying in some cases that wasn't enough. Was a little worried I'd been getting lucky. :)

• @Francisco
    Since we are talking about off-topic, I will also ask. I understand that January is not over yet, but will Slice 512 be returned or can we forget about it now?
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3307966/#Comment_3307966

• I started writing this as a 3 star trust pilot review but decided it's not fair so I'm posting it here and hope that Fran may care.

I really like their products, their liberal attitude about what they allow on their servers, their payment options and the pricing.

But i really, REALLY hate that basically everything is sold out all the time. BuyVM has 4 locations but you don't have a choice most of the time because you just have to take what's available especially if you don't only need a VPS but also a storage Slab. You not only have to plan in advance but also have to constantly check the site if there is something in stock again or beg the, admittedly nice and fast, support to give you some of their "emergency" stock.

I'm understanding that you can't have a huge stock all the time with your prices but please give us, at least the existing customers, an easy way to reserve / preorder products so we don't have to give our email address to some third party service and be online all the time just in case you get the notification email that it's back in stock.

• @babuum said: I'm understanding that you can't have a huge stock all the time with your prices but please give us, at least the existing customers, an easy way to reserve / preorder products so we don't have to give our email address to some third party service and be online all the time just in case you get the notification email that it's back in stock.

It's already there, it's called open a support ticket and Karen will place you on waiting list with priority :)

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@JabJab said:

@babuum said: I'm understanding that you can't have a huge stock all the time with your prices but please give us, at least the existing customers, an easy way to reserve / preorder products so we don't have to give our email address to some third party service and be online all the time just in case you get the notification email that it's back in stock.

It's already there, it's called open a support ticket and Karen will place you on waiting list with priority :)

Wait, really? I've been checking on the first of the month like a some random new customer for years?

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @MannDude said:

@JabJab said:

@babuum said: I'm understanding that you can't have a huge stock all the time with your prices but please give us, at least the existing customers, an easy way to reserve / preorder products so we don't have to give our email address to some third party service and be online all the time just in case you get the notification email that it's back in stock.

Wait, really? I've been checking on the first of the month like a some random new customer for years?

Life is Pain.

@babuum said: But i really, REALLY hate that basically everything is sold out all the time.

Stock's a hard one. We're basically at a spot where every rack is basically maxed out with a handful of U's spare.

Sourcing large amounts of gear is also difficult so I don't want to buy new racks and only throw a couple nodes in.

I'll try to come up with something to help premier/loyal users have easier access to stock :) I know slabs in the remote locations is at an all time premium around our parts.

Francisco

• @babuum said:
    I'm understanding that you can't have a huge stock all the time with your prices but please give us, at least the existing customers, an easy way to reserve / preorder products so we don't have to give our email address to some third party service and be online all the time just in case you get the notification email that it's back in stock.

Yeah, this is epic fail, IMO. So many customers and sales lost. It's bonkers to me.

• @Francisco said:
    I know slabs in the remote locations is at an all time premium around our parts.

Francisco

Econ 101 says to raise prices.

• Got one Luxembourg 1GB slice, waiting for the slab to be restocked.😀