Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GRE issues with solusVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GRE issues with solusVM

Good evening,

I currently have a dedicated server with solusVM on it (openVZ) I have a GRE tunnel on here to OVH which also works well VPS have internet and also work fine without any problems. Only different VPS on the same solusvm node and same ip range of the GRE cannot connect to each other. We have already logged several times with iptables in the PREROUTING / POSTROUTING and the connection comes in on the interface in the PREROUTING only it never comes in to the VPS. Anyone have any ideas or solution for that?

• Stef

Comments

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2022

Hi!
    I don't think this problem comes from GRE but from OVH directly.
    We have few /28 blocks on our VMs and randomly their connection drops and it comes back when we ping both ends from main node.
    We solved this issue by giving secondary network with internal IPs for internal traffic.
    Hope it helps, Florin.

• bshbsh Member
    edited January 2022

@FlorinMarian said:
    We have few /28 blocks on our VMs and randomly their connection drops and it comes back when we ping both ends from main node.

I used to face up this issue but only for IPv6. As Florin said, just pinging from host to VM to get it resolved.

• woltersstefwoltersstef Member
    edited January 2022

-

• @FlorinMarian said:
    Hi!
    I don't think this problem comes from GRE but from OVH directly.
    We solved this issue by giving secondary network with internal IPs for internal traffic.
    Hope it helps, Florin.

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply Florin.

I did try to use internal network using the following commands:
    1. ip route add 10.1.0.0/23 dev br0 table 425
    2. ip addr add 10.1.0.1/23 dev br0

With this I could ping 10.1.0.1 from VM1 (assigned with 10.1.0.4) and VM2 (assigned to 10.1.0.5) but I could not ping VM1 from VM2 and vice-versa.

Do you have any idea's on this problem?

With kind regards,
    Stef

• CiprianoOscarCiprianoOscar Member, Host Rep

Don't use gre, use geneve or gretap