Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cpanel hosting with root access or VPS with cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Preferred location : USA
drive: ssd

I will go with the best bang for buck deal.

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Root access or ssh access? If you need root access then it doesn’t really matter since no provider provides a great price on cpanel, it is just expensive. Ovh has 1 account cpanel for $5 cheaper on their VPS plans. For 5 accounts ovh and contabo have cpanel for cheaper.

Honestly, I would consider direct admin if you can, it’s cheaper and even free with some providers here

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @bruh21 said:
    Root access or ssh access? If you need root access then it doesn’t really matter since no provider provides a great price on cpanel, it is just expensive. Ovh has 1 account cpanel for $5 cheaper on their VPS plans. For 5 accounts ovh and contabo have cpanel for cheaper.

Honestly, I would consider direct admin if you can, it’s cheaper and even free with some providers here

Thanks for the reply. I will need root access for my website.

• I don't think I've ever seen a shared host give users root access, as that'd give them control over other users' data as well.

You need a VPS, and if you really need cPanel, you need to put that on top separately. RAM & budget requirements shoot up as cPanel is resource-heavy and the license expensive.

I have a Linode with cPanel that's been online for 5 years, and the cPanel is twice the cost of the VPS itself. All in all almost $40/mo. for an HTML website and mailserver which is a total waste.

• OutdoorOutdoor Member
    edited January 2022

I think he just want ssh access for his user root directory

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Unbeatable deals here: https://www.racknerd.com/NewYear/ -- jailed shell upon request :)