Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback of Brainycp Control Panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback of Brainycp Control Panel

Hello,

I never heard before, someone have feedback of Brainycp? Looks like a new Control panel.

https://brainycp.com

If someone test it, should be interesting to hear community opinion about Brainycp

**Don't ask informstions about Brainycp. I don't know, and I don't work or envolved with them

What looks like in first impression? His website should be in English by default..

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint JasonM

Comments

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Why should his website be in English if the product isn't aimed towards the English market?

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2021

Interesting. Had a quick delve, using Google Translate and the admin demo. The online documentation is just about workable through translate too.
    There is an option to change the system to English but appears to be disabled in the demo (or just plain not working ;) ).
    My concern would be the potential for backdoors and would prefer an audit before using. Paranoia or prudence? (Rhetorical)

• @LordSpock said:
    Why should his website be in English if the product isn't aimed towards the English market?

Because is they want to grow and being a powerful Control panel they should focus in using worldwide language. ;) That's my own opinion.

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Interesting. Had a quick delve, using Google Translate and the admin demo. The online documentation is just about workable through translate too.
    There is an option to change the system to English but appears to be disabled in the demo (or just plain not working ;) ).
    My concern would be the potential for backdoors and would prefer an audit before using. Paranoia or prudence? (Rhetorical)

Yes, but I'm not seeing someone doing security audit for free. I never heard about this panel for this case I posted here.

• Using PHP with root access is absolutely normal and acceptable. Not. Avoid at all costs!

• @LTniger said:
    Using PHP with root access is absolutely normal and acceptable. Not. Avoid at all costs!

I have checked the demo and I also notice that

• friendhostingfriendhosting Member, Patron Provider

Hello.
    It's a pretty good control panel. Some of our clients use it. And they are happy.

• @LTniger said:
    Using PHP with root access is absolutely normal and acceptable. Not. Avoid at all costs!

Yeah, if I were the devs, I would've written the backend logic in go (or python, perhaps since go can be a bit iffy), and done the frontend in PHP.

• Source code is fully protected with ioncube so "reviewing" the code will be impossible...

• It have more futures than any other free panel

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@Outdoor said:
    It have more futures than any other free panel

That might be so but it doesn't make it a good product, especially if it has poor security. I'd also bet half the features won't even get used by the average person.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Lots of features on a free product is a warning sign because I don't expect a dev working for free will manage to keep it secure over time.

• It look like only Russian version is free Brainycp.io

• User friendly panel but until a security audit report, not recommended for use.

• Russia Site = Malware or Virus.