Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone experiencing cPanel database issue?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone experiencing cPanel database issue?

When I migrate site from one WHM/cPanel to another WHM/cPanel the database of old hosting is not arrived on new hosting.
Is it my issue or everyone is facing this issue?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You'll want to go ahead and open a ticket with them unless you can read the output of the backup/restore and identify where it failed.

• @jar said:
    You'll want to go ahead and open a ticket with them unless you can read the output of the backup/restore and identify where it failed.

I didn’t saw any error in log. It’s shown on there succesful migration but when I login to cPanel and check the database section nothing there.

• @hosterplan said:

@jar said:

I didn’t saw any error in log. It’s shown on there succesful migration but when I login to cPanel and check the database section nothing there.

You have an hosting Business. I think you need to know that or go to vendor.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Check transfer log output. It will tell you what happen to the database and if things really goes wrong it will usually dump the SQL backup file in the user home directory

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited January 2022

Get a provider tag Hosterplan

• serversupportzserversupportz Member, Host Rep

@hosterplan said:
    When I migrate site from one WHM/cPanel to another WHM/cPanel the database of old hosting is not arrived on new hosting.
    Is it my issue or everyone is facing this issue?

Is MySQL version same for both the servers?

• A transfer in cPanel where a database transfer failed, will still be considered "Successful" :) Since they introduced streaming the DBs over, it sometimes happens (especially for large MyISAM tables) that it break the connection causing an error with a non-transferred DB.

I've had a ticket open with them for months about the issue, still waiting for a resolution. Luckily the solution is simple. Dump the database manually and import it manually.