Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD 2022: Ryzen 6000 for laptops, Radeon 6500XT, Ryzen 3D cache 5800X3D & Zen4 AM5/DDR5/PCIg5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AMD 2022: Ryzen 6000 for laptops, Radeon 6500XT, Ryzen 3D cache 5800X3D & Zen4 AM5/DDR5/PCIg5

short 7m recap:

full event:

tl;dr availability dates:
Radeon 6500XT: JANUARY 19, 2022,
Ryzen 6000 Mobile laptops: FEBRUARY 2022,
Radeon RX 6X00M for laptops: STARTING Q1 2022,
Ryzen 3D V-cache 5800X3D: SPRING 2022,
Ryzen 7000 Zen4 AM5/DDR5/PCI-E Gen5: 2H 2022

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2022

Will ryzen 6000 mobile be using older architecture like the 5000 mobile series using zen 2

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited January 2022

@bruh21 said:
    Will ryzen 6000 mobile be using older architecture like the 5000 mobile series using zen 2

Zen 3+ (see at 4m 20sec)

• just built an AM4 desktop.

Thanked by 2Andrews kkrajk
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

And according to Phoronix the 6000 even comes with built-in Microsoft big brother ("Pluton").

Thanks but thanks no.

Thanked by 1tux
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Does this matter? Desktop GPU will never be affordable for ordinary users.

• @jsg said:
    And according to Phoronix the 6000 even comes with built-in Microsoft big brother ("Pluton").

Thanks but thanks no.

Pluton is just key protection, replacement or I should say better implementation of standard TPM.
    Xbox had it for long time and it wasnt hacked. It clearly reduces attack surface a lot.

What is exactly "big brother" here?
    Its not some hidden malicious firmware that will send data from your PC to cloud lol
    It is replacing security processors that already exist in all modern CPUs.
    And from what I saw this is very good design, keys arent even exposed to internal firmware. Should protect PCs just like it protects Xbox.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@deank said:
    Does this matter? Desktop GPU will never be affordable for ordinary users.

I was talking about the upcoming Ryzen 6000 (CPU w/GPU).

@AXYZE said:

@jsg said:

Thanks but thanks no.

Pluton is just key protection, replacement or I should say better implementation of standard TPM.
    Xbox had it for long time and it wasnt hacked. It clearly reduces attack surface a lot.

What is exactly "big brother" here?
    Its not some hidden malicious firmware that will send data from your PC to cloud lol
    It is replacing security processors that already exist in all modern CPUs.
    And from what I saw this is very good design, keys arent even exposed to internal firmware. Should protect PCs just like it protects Xbox.

Until I see further proper and conclusive analysis I'll stay based on the assumption that security chips or electronics boils down to big brother and is not trustworthy but in fact potentially harmful. Especially when Microsoft is involved.

Why? Because experience has shown that usually security turns out to be compromised and in the case of Microsoft that some type of lock-in (into their walled garden) is active.

Thanked by 1Alex_Leo