Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for hosting solution for CyberPanel Free Starter 1 Domain license & WordPress website build
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for hosting solution for CyberPanel Free Starter 1 Domain license & WordPress website build

So I am trying to teach some students how to buy a domain, pay for hosting, setup the CyberPanel Free Starter 1 Domain license and create a WordPress website on that server. The 1 Domain version requires a less than 2GB server

I’m looking at the following RackNerd Server Plans (see below)…

Looking at setting up 1 WordPress Domain, subdomains and Mautic email server for transactional and marketing emails…

– 2 GB KVM VPS
– Shared – 140 GB
– Reseller – 150 GB

CyberPanel info
CyberPanel vs CyberPanel Ent
CyberPanel is 100% identical in both versions. The only difference is which web server is running in the back-end.

CyberPanel comes with OpenLiteSpeed and is completely free for an unlimited number of domains and worker processes.
CyberPanel Ent comes with LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise and it is free for 1 domain. If you need more than 1 domain, you can view our pricing page. The CyberPanel license includes the price of your LiteSpeed Enterprise license.

Comments

• You shouldn't need enterprise. But what's your question?

• Trying to figure out the hosting plan for it. Annual charges over monthly since I am most like paying for them to take the class...

Going Enterprise just cause it has the 1 domain and 2Gb maximum requirement...

Kinda want to keep them focused and if want to keep at it look at OpenLiteSpeed which is free and unlimited # of domains...

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Happy New Year @spc504 -- appreciate you considering RackNerd as your VPS provider.

For the use case you described, it sounds like the free version of CyberPanel would suffice (w/ OpenLiteSpeed & unlimited domains/worker processes). Give it a try, and if you ever need to reinstall the server and start over (or use a different control panel down the road), you can always reinstall your server from within our SolusVM Control Panel.

Thanked by 1spc504
  • If you want stable server go for enterprise version. OLS is less stable than enterprise one. And not less than 2GB, you can't exceed 2GB. If you don't need any management interface just install LS with OLS1Click, will save a lot of headache. If you want to customize anything you can PM me. I am former CyberPanel dev. :)

Thanked by 1spc504
  • Ah... my brother is the actual certified teacher so I may get him to be the lead on it to qualify for this option. Thanks.

• please excuse me

• @ehab said:
    please excuse me

I'm paying out of pocket to test it out so less of a burden to prepay than worry about it monthly.

I wasn't prepaying more than $25yr for any service. It comes out cheaper than the 1 - 2 School Quarter(s) I'd be teaching them tbh and if they flame out I'd just use the hosting for sites I've already built...

But I agree to what you're saying.

Thanked by 1ehab