Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Backup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Backup

serversupportzserversupportz Member, Host Rep

I am looking for a backup solution. I need to back up CCTV footage videos to a cloud location. It's about 10 TB of .dav files. I need to keep the backups of last 30 days. Looking for recommendations?

Comments

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

I use b2 for offsite backup for my home servers, their price is pretty good.

• There is B2 and wasabi

Thanked by 1lanefu
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

google workspace with unlimited storage but max upload of 750 gb per day.

• @serversupportz said: I am looking for a backup solution. I need to back up CCTV footage videos to a cloud location. It's about 10 TB of .dav files. I need to keep the backups of last 30 days. Looking for recommendations?

https://www.scaleway.com/en/c14-cold-storage/

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

1Fichier has an offer now for 15 euros per year. You have about 100TB hot storage, but if file reaches 60 days, it goes into cold storage, where the limit is 2TB (you can no longer upload until you clean it).

As long as files are deleted after 30 days (they have an API too), you can constantly use only hot storage to keep your data for 30 days as targeted.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @skorupion said:

can bypass this using service accounts, you can setup google cloud credentials and make 100 services accounts for a project, add all 100 service accounts as managers to the drive/teamdrive and rotate between them with rclone as you upload.

Thanked by 2default skorupion
  • @desperand said:

@serversupportz said: I am looking for a backup solution. I need to back up CCTV footage videos to a cloud location. It's about 10 TB of .dav files. I need to keep the backups of last 30 days. Looking for recommendations?

This is really good because data is stored in a nuclear bunker. The footage will be safe.

• @default said:

@desperand said:

@serversupportz said: I am looking for a backup solution. I need to back up CCTV footage videos to a cloud location. It's about 10 TB of .dav files. I need to keep the backups of last 30 days. Looking for recommendations?

This is really good because data is stored in a nuclear bunker. The footage will be safe.

Yes, that one of the best option for your use case.

• @dgc1980 said:

@skorupion said:

can bypass this using service accounts, you can setup google cloud credentials and make 100 services accounts for a project, add all 100 service accounts as managers to the drive/teamdrive and rotate between them with rclone as you upload.

hope google does not read this. :)

• @laoban said:

@dgc1980 said:

@skorupion said:

hope google does not read this. :)

Considering the money and profits they have, I don't think they care for a few people trying to get more space for their stash of Linux ISOs. I think they like all this publicity.

• i need to store 4tb .mp4 files. any cold storage in yearly plan suggestion?

• @bdspice said:
    i need to store 4tb .mp4 files. any cold storage in yearly plan suggestion?

https://1fichier.com/tarifs.html

is having a sell 30% off ends jan 2nd, so as of now, that would cost
    €39 for a year

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I need to store 4MB .gif files.
    Any cold storage in megaannum plan suggestion?

• ehabehab Member
    edited December 2021

@yoursunny said:
    I need to store 4MB .gif files.
    Any cold storage in megaannum plan suggestion?

np, here

• serversupportzserversupportz Member, Host Rep

Thank all for the recommendation