Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@NTFSEXT4 said: What Kind of posts?

Non-spammy posts.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @raindog308 said:

@NTFSEXT4 said: What Kind of posts?

Non-spammy posts.

Posts = Comments?
    Can comments be also counted in posts?

comments count as posts.

Thanked by 1Void
  • Question,

I see clouvider posting a £139/mo offer however, when you scroll to the bottom of his post there is one promo which is within the max price rules.

So if you post an offer it only has to contain one item within the max price rule, anyrhing else can be above it, is that true?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@marvel said:
    Question,

I see clouvider posting a £139/mo offer however, when you scroll to the bottom of his post there is one promo which is within the max price rules.

So if you post an offer it only has to contain one item within the max price rule, anyrhing else can be above it, is that true?

No, every deal posted has to be within the price limits.

• @marvel - what I've seen is people that have been here for a long time tend to not get in trouble when they ignore the rules. @mikept @clouvider please read rules. Some even post in the wrong categories and mods dont give a shit

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Unbelievable said:
    @marvel - what I've seen is people that have been here for a long time tend to not get in trouble when they ignore the rules. @mikept @clouvider please read rules. Some even post in the wrong categories and mods dont give a shit

Heh?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2021

@MikePT said:

@Unbelievable said:
    @marvel - what I've seen is people that have been here for a long time tend to not get in trouble when they ignore the rules. @mikept @clouvider please read rules. Some even post in the wrong categories and mods dont give a shit

Heh?

Well, you’ve posted in general category and I may have taken a misguided decision to launch a new service on LET while forgetting the Xmas is over in a moment of excitement ;-)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2021

@MikePT said:
    Heh?

They may be referring to this:

Shared Hosting rules => VPS pricing rules apply, with the exception of: max $48 per billing period.

Looking there i see

If you've been in business for over a year, the maximum billing period allowed is yearly ($84/year).

however on the shared rules itself the main pricing limitation seems to be:

Only post offers that are under $7/month or equivalent recurring.

I am also curious if/how those relate to a lifetime offers thread i saw recently.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Lifetime offer limits are simply not spelled out. New rules are needed.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@MikePT said:

@Unbelievable said:

Heh?

Well, you’ve posted in general category and I may have taken a misguided decision to launch a new service on LET while forgetting the Xmas is over in a moment of excitement ;-)

Ahhh thanks Dom!

@SGraf said:

@MikePT said:
    Heh?

They may be referring to this:

Shared Hosting rules => VPS pricing rules apply, with the exception of: max $48 per billing period.

Looking there i see

If you've been in business for over a year, the maximum billing period allowed is yearly ($84/year).

however on the shared rules itself the main pricing limitation seems to be:

Only post offers that are under $7/month or equivalent recurring.

I am also curious if/how those relate to a lifetime offers thread i saw recently.

Hmm makes sense. I would like to offer my apologies then and ask a mod to clarify if possible! 😁

@TimboJones said:
    Lifetime offer limits are simply not spelled out. New rules are needed.

Agreed mate 👌

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Could we bump the VPS to $10 and Dedicated to $100?

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

Those requests are usually a hard no.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

Never hurts to ask.
    All in all though. $10 a month is still fairly cheap depending on the specs.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@TimboJones said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

Never hurts to ask.
    All in all though. $10 a month is still fairly cheap depending on the specs.

Yes, in North America, it's a pittance. But there's a bunch of foreigners on this site that have annual incomes in the single digit thousands...

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Are there any LET rules for posting colocation offers? Price/terms etc?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
  • the rules rule. buy a slide-rule, if u can.

• Very strict management regulations

• @adwords said:
    Very strict management regulations

Too bad you didn't read the rules sufficiently beforehand

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 2FAT32 adwords

Rules updated to include the same rule on Giveaways that is in the general rules:

Giveaways

Anyone (including providers) wishing to offer a giveaway to the community must receive permission from an admin prior to posting. We are generally happy to do so but want to protect the community from scams.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Only post offers that are under $7/month or equivalent recurring.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Rules updated to include Service Transfer rules:

1. Posting service transfers do not require any special tags.
    2. Members can only list 1 service transfer thread per 10 days.
    3. You need to have been registered for at least 30 days and have at least 25 non-spammy posts to post a service transfer.
    4. The selling price for the service cannot be more than 2 times the recurring price, or $10, whichever is higher.
    5. The transfer must be allowed by the provider and done in official methods. Transferring the whole account by changing the account information is not allowed.
    6. We don't hold any responsibility for potential disputes between the two parties. Participating in service transfers is at your own risk.
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I modified the pricing rules for:

1. Dedicated servers: Increased to $100/month max to mirror LowEndBox
    2. Reseller: Simplified pricing rules to match VPS rules at $84/year - driven by three years of annual cPanel price increases
    Thanked by 2Ian_Dot_Tech dustinc
  • Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Appreciate the dedicated server price increase. We will be able to post more of our higher ram servers now.

Thanked by 2dustinc HostSlick
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Appreciate the dedicated server price increase. We will be able to post more of our higher ram servers now.

Yes I think the increase makes sense given current market realities!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Totally agree - great move @jbiloh

• selling on LowEndTalk

Hey @jbiloh, I received an email with subject "CloudCone Christmas VPS Sale !" from [email protected] with reply to address "[email protected]" on an email address that I have used on LET and only one another site which is not related to servers.

It was addressed as "Hi LET'ers,".

Is it an LET off-shoot? Or is LET sharing emails with providers? Or has there been a data leak? I am not sure what happened really. Because my email, I crosschecked, is supposed to be hidden from other members on this site.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2021

You are allowed post an offer every 10 days

If a provider account has multiple brands, are they allowed to:

• post one offer thread per brand every 10 days?
    • post one offer thread every 10 days regardless of how many brands they have?

I'm asking this because I've seen a provider posting two threads on the same day for their two brands.
    I flagged these several times but so far no action was taken.