Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for UK vps that can unlock NF
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for UK vps that can unlock NF

I have tried nexusbytes but no luck

Comments

• are we thinking about the same NF?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cybertech said:
    are we thinking about the same NF?

NF = Net Friends
    This magazine is how I first learned about computers and Internet.

• @cybertech said:

Netflix

• simplenowsimplenow Member
    edited December 2021

I have an vps which bought from ultravps, location uk, and unblock nf. about 16.8 eur/year when BF.

Thanked by 1Archie
  • AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited December 2021

@zhi said:

@cybertech said:

Netflix

Netflix is already "unlocked" :D

https://torrentfreak.com/widevine-dump-leaked-code-downloads-hd-video-from-disney-amazon-and-netflix-211227/

• Netflix UK is not that interesting.

• stratagemstratagem Member, Host Rep

Netflix UK is a bit tosh, but our IP range works alright if you wanted to get in touch or take a look.

Thanked by 1Archie
  • @Andrews said:

@zhi said:

@cybertech said:

Netflix

Netflix is already "unlocked" :D

https://torrentfreak.com/widevine-dump-leaked-code-downloads-hd-video-from-disney-amazon-and-netflix-211227/

CDM isn't free so it remains locked pretty much

• @stratagem said:
    Netflix UK is a bit tosh, but our IP range works alright if you wanted to get in touch or take a look.

Well actually your IP range unlocks every single British streaming service I know... Wow...

Thanked by 1stratagem
  • @Ed_Chd said:

@stratagem said:

Well actually your IP range unlocks every single British streaming service I know... Wow...

No worries, talking about it on a public forum will definitely speed up the blacklisting process :neutral:

• You need ControlD

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
    edited December 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Ed_Chd said:

@stratagem said:

No worries, talking about it on a public forum will definitely speed up the blacklisting process :neutral:

Netflix adapts an automatic detection system, so if Stratagem either isn't popular or every user implements a safe protocol to avoid such detections, it will be fine.
    Other streaming services mostly purchase and use off-the-shelf GeoIP databases. I checked some demos of commercial GeoIP services, which all reported as "not a proxy".
    But if @Stratagem wants to keep their IP range clean, they should at least have some counter-measures. Or else, yes, they will lose this advantage eventually.

• Sign up with Windscribe instead and don't worry about your provider's IP staying whitelisted :)

It is inevitable that one day they'll get marked as DC use as they indeed are but thanks to us being a smaller host in the grand scheme we've avoided any issue thus far, so just enjoy whilst it lasts and go get watching ;)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

You could try one of our VPS Offers Here

Thanked by 1Archie
  • @stratagem said:
    It is inevitable that one day they'll get marked as DC use as they indeed are but thanks to us being a smaller host in the grand scheme we've avoided any issue thus far, so just enjoy whilst it lasts and go get watching ;)

The magic is that you own your own infrastructure, and that matters A LOT. Most others don't, because they just rent from already-built DCs, which are already blacklisted.

Thanked by 1stratagem
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@stratagem said:

Learn from @Calin .
    Move servers to your basement, on a wooden rack.
    Then it's indeed residential.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur

@yoursunny sounds like that would invite an OVH style BBQ. Also my home network connection is less than 100mbps :(

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
    edited December 2021

@Archie said:

@Archie said:

Also, just in case you did not know, the automatic detection on Netflix treats IPs in three states: unlock all regional, unlock homebrew, and blocked. It's the reason some folks can browse Netflix, but they cannot find any regional content.
    A few providers may advertise themselves as having the ability to unlock Netflix, but only actually unlocking homebrew contents, so stay being careful on the deals to avoid this kind of scam.
    You can easily examine the server's ability to unlock streaming services with open-source Bash scripts. There exist a bunch on GitHub.

Thanked by 1Archie