Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for decent VPS with 2gb~ ram, 20gb ssd, custom iso options. Monthly only.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for decent VPS with 2gb~ ram, 20gb ssd, custom iso options. Monthly only.

I'm looking for something that can handle decent cpu applications. Example of work load:
The program in question uses around .5-1% cpu usage max on my 5900x. I'm trying to run around 36 instances of this across multiple servers. There is a spike in cpu when I launch the program every few hours for a few minutes. I'm connecting from California, my application is going to hong kong. Only looking for something with decent latency to both.
Since I'll be getting multiple servers, I'll only want one at first to test and make sure it works well.

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2021

Hello boss! Come join the family :). Apac and west coast, we gotchu covered.

https://NexusBytes.com

Spikes are more than acceptable as long as “not being a dick” :)

• CiprianoOscarCiprianoOscar Member, Host Rep

@Ikki said:
    I'm looking for something that can handle decent cpu applications. Example of work load:
    The program in question uses around .5-1% cpu usage max on my 5900x. I'm trying to run around 36 instances of this across multiple servers. There is a spike in cpu when I launch the program every few hours for a few minutes. I'm connecting from California, my application is going to hong kong. Only looking for something with decent latency to both.
    Since I'll be getting multiple servers, I'll only want one at first to test and make sure it works well.

Hello,

If you are interested we have a Germany Servers with Ryzen 9 5950x ;)

• VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

yes, we have iso support B) ,
    https://justhost.ru/services/vps/configure
    4 locations for check latency
    and low-budget prices

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2021

This is the best explanation on CPU limits.
    Clear and understandable.

CPU policy, best to worst:

• clear limits with clear explanation: Premium Bytes
    • clear limits in the ToS: Webhosting24
    • publish limits on LET only: Nexril
    • vague limits (lower than actual limits) on LET only: VirMach
    • "strictly fair share" and refuse to give a number: Inception
    • publish a high limit then quietly change it to a much lower limit during ToS update: Hosterleft
    Thanked by 1steny
  • what about going for a dedicated server instead? Any bare metal with IPMI and virtual media would work?

• @yoursunny said:

This is the best explanation on CPU limits.
    Clear and understandable.

CPU policy, best to worst:

• clear limits with clear explanation: Premium Bytes
    • clear limits in the ToS: Webhosting24
    • publish limits on LET only: Nexril
    • "strictly fair share" and refuse to give a number: Inception
    • publish a high limit then quietly change it to a much lower limit during ToS update: Hosterleft

Virmach has cpu usage limit mentioned on the ordering page.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2021

@yoursunny said:

Check for virmach about cpu usage limits
    average usage of 50% allowed

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @seriesn said:
    Hello boss! Come join the family :). Apac and west coast, we gotchu covered.

https://NexusBytes.com

Spikes are more than acceptable as long as “not being a dick” :)

Currently have an APAC 1G and it's by far the best latency on my list, with monthly bandwidth as only the downside for me.

HTH