Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting Providers with a "gift" option?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting Providers with a "gift" option?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited December 2021 in Requests

In February a good friend and former co-worker of mine will celebrate their birthday. Since they started to get into Web Design a couple of months ago and currently start learning more about HTML/CSS/JS and WordPress, I want to gift them a 1 year Shared Hosting Plan and possibly a domain. Are there any providers here that can do this (maybe generate a 100% OFF Code for a certain package which I will pay in advance for 1 year? If you also offer domains that'd be great, too)? Do you know of any web hosts that offer this? :)

I know there is also Netlify, Github Pages, Wordpress.com etc, but they are not that "techy" yet and I think Shared Hosting would make for a good start.

Kind regards,
Ympker

Comments

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

This is definitely something we can help with at AllHost if our service, location and offerings are suitable. We try not to do domains where possible though and would usually direct new/existing customers straight to Porkbun or Namesilo for self registration.

We do have a LET promo (link) on currently for a prize entry too (ending on the 31st).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • What prevents you of buying one, and give the directadmin / cpanel account to your friend.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Look here and here

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ympker said:
    I know there is also Netlify, Github Pages, Wordpress.com etc, but they are not that "techy" yet and I think Shared Hosting would make for a good start.

It's the exact opposite.
    Beginner should start with Netlify and Cloudflare Pages.
    You upgrade to DirectAdmin for more advanced sites.
    You go to VPS for precise control over the HTTP server.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2021

@yokowasis said:
    What prevents you of buying one, and give the directadmin / cpanel account to your friend.

Do you mean I should just pass them the cPanel/DA details of a plan I purchase for them? There are various issues with that, among others, that the Shared Hosting plan would run under my name and not theirs.

@yoursunny said:

@Ympker said:

It's the exact opposite.
    Beginner should start with Netlify and Cloudflare Pages.
    You upgrade to DirectAdmin for more advanced sites.
    You go to VPS for precise control over the HTTP server.

Thanks, but since they also want to use WordPress, I thought Shared Hosting may be the more easy way to go with Softaculous and all.

@zhi said:
    Look here and here

Thanks, I do know where the shared offers are. Was more looking for who can do the coupon/voucher thing. Also would love for the host to offer daily backups so they can restore any time :)

• Maybe get a reseller acct under your name and give them cPanel/DA accounts?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited December 2021

@Logano said:
    Maybe get a reseller acct under your name and give them cPanel/DA accounts?

OP Doesn't want anything to do with his friend.

As in if his friends have trouble, or getting into trouble ( e.g. his site is hacked and used as a phising / mallware website), OP want the hoster to deal with his friend directly. not through OP. Hence the gift.

@Ympker correct me if I am wrong.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2021

@yokowasis said:

@Logano said:

OP Doesn't want anything to do with his friend.

As in if his friends have trouble, or getting into trouble ( e.g. his site is hacked and used as a phising / mallware website), OP want the hoster to deal with his friend directly. not through OP. Hence the gift.

@Ympker correct me if I am wrong.

Yes. Naturally, I don't want to legally be liable for their actions. That is not to say I don't won't try to help them with whatever they may need. Blame it on me being german. Laws etc..

Another reason is that I don't want them to feel like I am giving them "leftovers" from my reseller and that they feel dependent on me.

@Logano said:

Sorry not an option for me. But thanks :) !

Thanked by 1Logano
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

We can do this. We can also offer a free domain. Contact us for the details

Thanked by 1Ympker