Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legislation country
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Legislation country

asdasd Member

If I rent a server from country a and I live in country b, then which countries legislation applies to whatever I use the server for? Is it a, b or both?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

a

• both in my country

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2021

A for server, B for you, both if A and B agree on it.

B may theoretically still hold you accountable for what you do in A, and A may cooperate with B if A chooses to do so.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Not a lawyer but the server is regulated by country A, and you are regulated by country B.
    If you host something that's legal in country A but illegal in country B, country B can't shutdown your server but they can arrest you, especially if your users/audiences are also from country B.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Both A and B, but also possibly C, depending on what you do

• deankdeank Member, Troll

D as well.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ericls said:
    If you host something that's legal in country A but illegal in country B, country B can't shutdown your server but they can arrest you, especially if your users/audiences are also from country B.

I sell servers in Antarctica and Jupiter.
    I resell flights and visa services to Moon, Jupiter, Sun, and Black Hole.
    You are covered on both sides if you utilize both of my services.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • @yoursunny said:

@ericls said:

I sell servers in Antarctica and Jupiter.
    I resell flights and visa services to Moon, Jupiter, Sun, and Black Hole.
    You are covered on both sides if you utilize both of my services.

I recommend @yoursunny services. The servers in Antarctica have a uptime of 100.000000000000001% per billing period. The only downside is the price. I don't have that much strength to do that many push-ups.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • As a free and sovereign indigenous moorish citizen of the grand flat earth, I don't need to abide to any laws.

Thanked by 1yoursunny