Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch: Assurances, empty promises, IPv6 flapping problems in Stockholm
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch: Assurances, empty promises, IPv6 flapping problems in Stockholm

Looks like Hosthatch is back to their old ways. I have had repeated assurance from Hosthatch that they have improved their quality of service, but I am now seeing that their assurances are no more than empty promises.

On 14 Dec, they undertook some "maintenance" work (this was how they described it in their notification email) at their Stockholm location. As part of the process, the rebooted the host nodes. After that, IPv6 connectivity has been flapping ever since. A ticket created on their portal, but there had been no response. I have followed up with them but there had been no response either.

Perhaps I should know that the saying "the leopard does not change its spots" applies to Hosthatch. This is quite disappointing because when I went back to dealing with Hosthatch at the end of 2020, I ended up subscribing for quite a number of VMs.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Well shit happens, in the IT world and its infrastructures, there are lots of dependencies.

But all in all, you usually have 2 options.

1. Work with Support.
    2. Switch providers, to who you deem fit to cater your requirements and expectations.

If you're looking to stay with HostHatch and option #1 is what you intend to do but it's not working out, maybe escalate this to Abdullah and/or @Emil.

• @DP I am not unfamiliar with what needs to happen. At the moment, ticket has been created, but there isn't even an acknowledgement of the ticket from Hosthatch! It is more like customer is willing to work with Hosthatch but Hosthatch is not acknowledging customer! I am only letting others know of such situation with Hosthatch. Basically, buyer beware!

• OP will be destroyed by fanatics :D drama incoming. Ororororororo

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@redgreenblue said: At the moment, ticket has been created, but there isn't even an acknowledgement of the ticket from Hosthatch

I can't comment much on this but delays in ticket response is pretty common, considering the volume of tickets, especially when it's post-BF and pre-Christmas/NY where lots of things are happening in the background.

@redgreenblue said: Hosthatch is not acknowledging customer

If you have a ticket number generated, take that as an acknowledgement from HostHatch.

@redgreenblue said: I am only letting others know of such situation with Hosthatch

Nothing new here - for me at least.

@LTniger said: OP will be destroyed by fanatics :D drama incoming. Ororororororo

LOL not really a HostHatch "fanatic" but still with HostHatch and have been in OP's shoes several times :smiley:

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • First response to tickets are fast, but subsequent responses seem to drift off into the sunset.

• I am a customer of HostHatch since 2020. I am happy with their services so far. Sure, there is always room for improvements, but so far I am very happy with what HostHatch has to offer.

The only thing I do not seem to understand is the new cloud panel, but maybe it's just my taste on that matter.

Thank you @hosthatch for the services provided so far, so please keep up the good work without loss of data.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We do not prioritize cases that are posted on LET.

I replied to one of the other threads where we actually wronged a customer, and I owned up to it and offered a 1 year compensation. I think the trickle-down effect of that was multiple other comments and threads like this.

@redgreenblue said: This is quite disappointing because when I went back to dealing with Hosthatch at the end of 2020, I ended up subscribing for quite a number of VMs.

Please PM me your account details and I'll provide you a full refund.

Thanked by 1scooke
  • Good riddance!

• First rule of CheapClub is: "you do not talk about support"

Second rule of CheapClub is "you do not talk about support"

Third rule of CheapClub is "you either solve the problem yourself or wait long enough to see it resolve itself"

• Just to follow up for info of others here, Hosthatch support has now replied.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2021

@redgreenblue said:
    @DP I am not unfamiliar with what needs to happen. At the moment, ticket has been created, but there isn't even an acknowledgement of the ticket from Hosthatch! It is more like customer is willing to work with Hosthatch but Hosthatch is not acknowledging customer! I am only letting others know of such situation with Hosthatch. Basically, buyer beware!

It isn't buyer beware, it is buyer USE BRAIN.

You most likely have some black Friday special VM(s) I am guessing? If so, as far as they are concerned, as long as IPv4 is working the service doesn't have an service impacting issue. You may not like this and feel that they should consider IPv6 more important than that, but that isn't how it works with them in my experience. They generally will only address IPv6 issues as they have time. As such, this is likely a low priority item on their list of a million different things to review and address both because it isn't impacting IPv4 and you're likely on a very low cost package not warranting faster resolution.

If you are patient they will eventually resolve the issue for you, though trying to shame them into it on LET probably isn't gonna make them want to bend over backwards to help you, so you may have gone about this the wrong way.

I think the biggest problem here is you don't have the right expectations and lack the patience you should have when ticketing about loss leader products like the special packages sold here on LET.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2021

@redgreenblue said: After that, IPv6 connectivity has been flapping ever since.

Do you have private networking enabled? Some dumbass is sending router advertisements on the priv. network, so you'd need to disable them on your end, otherwise you'll get a false default route.

Add this to your /etc/sysctl.conf and reboot (or run sysctl -p and fix your network settings manually.

net.ipv6.conf.eth1.accept_ra=0

• @LTniger said:
    OP will be destroyed by fanatics :D drama incoming. Ororororororo

The guy has a right to complain, but that leopard part at the end would also make me fire the client.

• @brueggus said:
    Do you have private networking enabled? Some dumbass is sending router advertisements on the priv. network, so you'd need to disable them on your end, otherwise you'll get a false default route.

Add this to your /etc/sysctl.conf and reboot (or run sysctl -p and fix your network settings manually.

net.ipv6.conf.eth1.accept_ra=0

Not the OP, but thanks.

Stumbled upon some IPv6 issues with one of my nodes in HH Stockholm, remembered reading this post and got it fixed.

Thanked by 1skorous