Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sharing IPv6 /64
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sharing IPv6 /64

Instead of using Hurricane Electric's free IPv6 Tunnel Broker for my VPS which has no IPv6 connectivity, can I use or share IPv6 from another VPS which has a /64 subnet that came with it?

Comments

• Are the two VPS hosts on the same local network? If yes, theoretically you might be able to, although I wouldn't do so without your providers specifically allowing you to. If they not (e.g. they are not on the same v4 subnet, L2 link), then no, or at least not without some really hacky setup that tunnels the non-v6 VPS to the other. Either way, this seems like more trouble than it is worth. Just get a VPS with proper v6 addressing and connectivity.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @jtk said:
    Are the two VPS hosts on the same local network? If yes, theoretically you might be able to, although I wouldn't do so without your providers specifically allowing you to. If they not (e.g. they are not on the same v4 subnet, L2 link), then no, or at least not without some really hacky setup that tunnels the non-v6 VPS to the other. Either way, this seems like more trouble than it is worth. Just get a VPS with proper v6 addressing and connectivity.

They are not. Different providers and location.