Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers - Page 85
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers

Comments

• The account credit would kinda take all the fun out of paying for idlers, no?

• Need more deal less than 10$.

• I feel sleepy. I should go to sleep

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2021

@randomq said:
    The account credit would kinda take all the fun out of paying for idlers, no?

You can just get MORE idlers and then still pay.

• $20.04/yr KVM - 1 GIGABIT 3328MB RAM 1 vCORE 10GB SSD (RAID 10) 5000GB BANDWIDTH LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Not enough space

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • @Iroshan464 said:
    Need more deal less than 10$.

Cam/sell your body for more prem VPS. One good trick for a year of sweet idling.

• @FAT32 said:
    Giving multiple RTX 3060 and 2TB NVMe are actually very good prizes. If they spent more time on designing this giveaway it will bring much more attention, hypes and views than what we have now. Even better, if he talks to me beforehand we can even make it an official LET giveaway event.

Look at the winners of those big prizes, did they contribute a lot to the thread and stick around to bring hype? Not really. Giving those big prizes at the early stage of the thread will also make people less motivated to join.

If support or manpower is an issue, why not spend the money on hiring someone for a month (instead of spending those on prizes)? In this way they can clear their ticket queue and are good to go again without all the huge backlog.

I don't know man, I really don't know what VirMach is thinking.

The existing virmach support staff is nothing to write home about either.

• Waiting for $20.04/yr KVM - 1 GIGABIT 3328MB RAM 3 vCORE 30GB SSD (RAID 10) 5000GB BANDWIDTH 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• Paris, France

Thanked by 2FAT32 imok
  • @DanSummer said:

@VirMach said:
    Okay let's try 20GB minimum, not 10GB and make the first 10GB "free."

Now we're talking!

Except the deals since this post have all been 10 or 15 GB ... ???

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2021

@randomq said: The account credit would kinda take all the fun out of paying for idlers, no?

Actually, for me it would be really hilarious to pay for idlers with account credit.
    But hay, that's just me.

• @kkrajk said:
    Waiting for $20.04/yr KVM - 1 GIGABIT 3328MB RAM 3 vCORE 30GB SSD (RAID 10) 5000GB BANDWIDTH 1 DEDICATED IPv4

too expensive. i got that for 12.95

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @TheBrokenBee said:

@FAT32 said:
    Giving multiple RTX 3060 and 2TB NVMe are actually very good prizes. If they spent more time on designing this giveaway it will bring much more attention, hypes and views than what we have now. Even better, if he talks to me beforehand we can even make it an official LET giveaway event.

Look at the winners of those big prizes, did they contribute a lot to the thread and stick around to bring hype? Not really. Giving those big prizes at the early stage of the thread will also make people less motivated to join.

If support or manpower is an issue, why not spend the money on hiring someone for a month (instead of spending those on prizes)? In this way they can clear their ticket queue and are good to go again without all the huge backlog.

flash deal prices commensurate with level of support.

• Need more small & non-Buffalo deal

• @cybertech said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@FAT32 said:

I agree that I bought it during the BF sale but rudeness is no excuse. I opened a quick ticket to ask about timeline of when winners would be upgraded to Ryzen and got back a reply saying talk about it on LET and don’t open tickets here. Verbatim.

• Thanked by 2FAT32 FrankZ
  • @TheBrokenBee said:

@cybertech said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@FAT32 said:

I agree that I bought it during the BF sale but rudeness is no excuse. I opened a quick ticket to ask about timeline of when winners would be upgraded to Ryzen and got back a reply saying talk about it on LET and don’t open tickets here. Verbatim.

I mean, people were told repeatedly in the thread to just DM virmach and not open a ticket about the Ryzen upgrades, I'm not sure what you expected? That doesn't sound particularly rude.

• Finally 20 gb

$15.14/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    3200MB RAM
    2 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    4500GB BANDWIDTH
    ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @bakageta said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@cybertech said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@FAT32 said:

I mean, people were told repeatedly in the thread to just DM virmach and not open a ticket about the Ryzen upgrades, I'm not sure what you expected? That doesn't sound particularly rude.

I DMes Virmach. I just politely requested for a possible timeline because I was considering picking another ryzen machine with some of the sales left if it would take long.

How is literally replying ‘Talk on LET and don’t open tickets here.’ Okay?

• @TheBrokenBee said:

I DMes Virmach. I just politely requested for a possible timeline because I was considering picking another ryzen machine with some of the sales left if it would take long.

Maybe because they said that multiple times on LET?

@TheBrokenBee said: The existing virmach support staff is nothing to write home about either.

I do apologize for not answering you around here. I just thought it would eventually become apparent that there are priorities when it comes to these sales and we don't play favorites.

I know it's normal for many companies to reply quickly to those who sound the most concerned in public, but that's not us. I'll answer you now.

@TheBrokenBee said:

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: after all we do have an entire empty cabinet there for half a year now.

VirMach really knows how to idle. Only pro idlers idle by the cab.

I've also been idling a few hundred servers, strategically located far away from datacenters. Once you get really into idling you realize it's best to just turn it off and unplug it.

Quite honestly I’ve been waiting for BF to get one of your VPSes. I’ve only heard good things!

We do appreciate your level of excitement for this offer, throughout all the threads and for you sticking around this long.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Why are all the OS images so old?!!

We do have some newer ones such as Ubuntu 20 w/ desktop, but I do agree with you here that we fell behind with images over the last couple years. We just try to make the images very precisely and it takes a lot of iterations and time to get it down right.

We were catching up here and then realized we'd have to make new images again anyway for Ryzen due to the version mismatches between SolusVM, our control panel. So we decided to wait a little longer and evaluate the situation.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    My YABS is showing me subpar network speed in NY. :(

I'd ask to see it here but we already know you posted it, so let's move on.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    My YABS is showing me subpar network speed in NY. :(

I'd ask to see it here but we already know you posted it, so let's move on. I assume you accidentally double posted here.

@TheBrokenBee said: Basic System Information:
    Processor : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU cores : 2 @ 2499.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 2.9 GiB
    Swap : 256.0 MiB
    Disk : 73.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 41.56 MB/s (10.3k) 528.19 MB/s (8.2k)
    Write 41.67 MB/s (10.4k) 530.97 MB/s (8.2k)
    Total 83.23 MB/s (20.8k) 1.05 GB/s (16.5k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 887.05 MB/s (1.7k) 955.54 MB/s (933)
    Write 934.18 MB/s (1.8k) 1.01 GB/s (995)
    Total 1.82 GB/s (3.5k) 1.97 GB/s (1.9k)
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 881 Mbits/sec | 111 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | busy
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | 72.1 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (1G) | 371 Mbits/sec | 99.6 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 863 Mbits/sec | 663 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 299 Mbits/sec | 159 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 858 Mbits/sec | 113 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 737 Mbits/sec | 74.4 Mbits/sec

This looks relatively normal for ColoCrossing's network. We can do something about it should you find more specific cases where it's negatively affecting you. However, we'd need you to also be in control of the test server, as in you'd need to run it from one server you or we have control over to another one you or we have control over to really be able to figure out what's going on. In addition, we'd need more than just YABS for the information.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Order number 1335598

I do believe we rolled for you here but I'm sure we'll talk about it more in the next few quotes.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    can we get some YABS around here?

I think a few of these came up, I'm assuming this isn't something you want us to reply to specifically but I'll go ahead and reply just so we have it all covered.

@TheBrokenBee said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Why are all the OS images so old?!!

IIRC the OS images for direct install are basically useless; instead, boot from CD and select an ISO there. They should be much newer

(this info is from when I set up my server in 2020, of course)

Thanks! That solves one issue. Are these network speeds typical of Virmach servers?

Processor : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU cores : 2 @ 2499.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 2.9 GiB
    Swap : 256.0 MiB
    Disk : 73.5 GiB
    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 41.56 MB/s (10.3k) 528.19 MB/s (8.2k)
    Write 41.67 MB/s (10.4k) 530.97 MB/s (8.2k)
    Total 83.23 MB/s (20.8k) 1.05 GB/s (16.5k)

Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 887.05 MB/s (1.7k) 955.54 MB/s (933)
    Write 934.18 MB/s (1.8k) 1.01 GB/s (995)
    Total 1.82 GB/s (3.5k) 1.97 GB/s (1.9k)
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 881 Mbits/sec | 111 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | busy
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | 72.1 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (1G) | 371 Mbits/sec | 99.6 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 863 Mbits/sec | 663 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 299 Mbits/sec | 159 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 858 Mbits/sec | 113 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 737 Mbits/sec | 74.4 Mbits/sec

I'd refer you to above but I'm sure you have a reason for asking this again, so I'll try to provide a better response that suits this better. I'm sure you got some reply from others as well.

These would be typical as I mentioned. However, each datacenter ends up being a little bit different since we use more partners. This will become more apparent for Ryzen. Once you do get your Ryzen, I look forward to the next few YABS posts from you.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    @VirMach can you transfer your server to someone else?

I do believed you were answered, but yes, you can for a normal transfer fee. You can create a ticket to begin the process or to request more information about the specific process.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    @VirMach hope you can locate this order too! Order/Invoice number 1335598

Yep, we can locate orders based on invoice numbers as well and I did personally see your first post here providing the same invoice ID as I had to avoid giving you a prize twice as that'd be unfair to others.

@TheBrokenBee said:

@ask_seek_knock said:
    It's acceptable to me. Maybe you want dedicated or guaranteed 1Gbps network?

Honestly, I just want to know if this is typical of Virmach VPSes.

Yes, that'd be typical in ColoCrossing's network.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    @VirMach hope you can locate this order too! Order/Invoice number 1335598

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:
    Did you just buy this?

Yup

Thanks for your purchase.

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:
    Did you just buy this?

Yup

Do you think, just possibly, that there might be a fuckload of other buyers all running YABS benchmarks at the same time and fucking up each other results?

Hope that's it!

That might be part of it but it would be difficult to know for sure based on the information you've provided. Based on what I see though, it's very likely it will just be the typical performance there.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Luckily, I won the ryzen server in seattle!

I checked other YABS results and the server seems to be whats expected :)

It's possible that the Ryzen network will also initially have some issues but our newer provider here is slightly more keen in addressing these kinds of issues and we have had some positive results here and there with improving Phoenix so I'm sure for Seattle they'll listen as well.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this in a concise manner in one ticket should you decide to proceed in that manner. It's always good to have plenty of information to forward to them.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Spin me please! I cant seem to find the order number just have the invoice : Invoice 1335598

Hopefully you did receive your spin. After all, you did ask for it three times which is known to be very effective and not counterproductive.

@TheBrokenBee said: hahaha thank you! I'll take the Seattle server!

I do appreciate you being excited about this spin. I was happy for you as well, initially. I don't mean to foreshadow, I just didn't think you'd expect it to be done as quickly and I'm sure it did turn into some disappointment for you.

@TheBrokenBee said:

@TheBrokenBee said:
    @VirMach can you transfer your server to someone else?

There's a small fee and a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very long wait, but yes.

Just won the ryzen upgrade! I am gonna stick around :)

I assume this is related to wanting to keep this now since it's turning into a Ryzen, and then maybe transferring it off later? I do want to make a comment here though, I was very specific with how many "very" I used here. You're absolutely not going to like the wait for the transfers. I'm going on a hunch here when I say this, you may not be a very patient person and I'd hate to disappoint you to that level. It might be best to pretend that we do not do transfers.

@TheBrokenBee said: I suppose I messed up with posting twice! I already won the ryzen VPS

Looks like I actually did not catch this one since you posted three times, and not twice like I initially thought. I'm not sure what would be fair at this point. Does the first prize stick, both, or last one if it's for the same order? I'll let people chime in if they want.

I do appreciate you being honest here and bringing it up. Usually when people do that, I do let them keep it all so that's my stance, even if you did post three times to claim a prize which I'm usually extremely strict about.

@TheBrokenBee said:

@VirMach said:

@default said:
    I need a graphic card too. They're expensive lately. :smiley:

I'll do an extra graphics card later down the line, I just have to do inventory first. Seems like a lot of people need them and I happen to have a lot of them.

A graphic card would be nice in addition to the ryzen upgrade I won!

Good luck, maybe we'll add another one of these in the prize pool in your honor.

@TheBrokenBee said:

@smarty24 said:

@VirMach said:

@smarty24 said:
    Here comes my Invoice #1335696 - thanks :smile:

Add funds invoice doesn't qualify.

@VirMach Did you mention that exception anywhere?

You want a prize without spending money?

Thanks for backing us up here and being the voice of reason. I actually would not have guessed that at this point, I though you'd join in but I guess I'm just being hard on you for no reason.

@TheBrokenBee said: You are the best!

Thanks for sticking around the thread.

@TheBrokenBee said: Do we just PM you to claim our prize or open a ticket?(Ryzen Upgrade)

Yes, you'd private message, not ticket or anything else. I did receive a ticket from someone for one of these but I'm sure I answered you here and it wasn't you.

@TheBrokenBee said:

@VirMach said:

Do we just PM you to claim our prize or open a ticket?(Ryzen Upgrade)

Yes, for now. Later on we'll have a better process for it, maybe.

Cool! PMed you with a link to the post where I won

Okay, sounds good.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Go go go!

I’d paste the comment but already won the ryzen upgrade (requested for Seattle ryzen so don’t need phoenix!)

Very kind of you to let others win the Ryzen prize here. Which reminds me, @ofit @ben47955 @FAT32 @ylh @MrZero don't forget to private message for your upgrades here. Just be sure to quote the original comment so I know what you're talking about and... @imok I just remembered I forgot to process your dedicated server prize that day. I get flashbacks to that once in a while.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    @VirMach estimated time to get upgraded to Ryzen? itching to run a yabs or deciding to sleep lol

I'm not sure if I answered you here or what I answered, but a lot has happened since then and we're busy. There are also some issues we ran into with migrating to Ryzen using the migration tool.

At this point I do not want to give you an ETA but the default would be by the end of the year. I believe I mentioned that somewhere.

Oh right, it was on the first post on the first page.

@VirMach said: Ryzen upgrade: We will upgrade your service to a Ryzen node by the end of the year.

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Special BF deals are non transferable I think with virmach

They would be transferrable for the most part. I think just the $1000 credits wouldn't be transferrable.

I'll continue replying to your messages in about an hour, there's approximately 20-30 of them left.

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited December 2021

Well, I really don't need anything else in buffalo, but $6.67 was too cheap to pass up. We doing spins on flash sales? Your Order Number is: 6751501186

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@bakageta said:
    Well, I really don't need anything else in buffalo, but $6.67 was too cheap to pass up. We doing spins on flash sales? Your Order Number is: 6751501186

NO SPINS ON FLASH SALES.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness

@TheBrokenBee said:

@cybertech said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@FAT32 said:

That wasn't meant to be rude. Now if I knew at the time that you were the one who made the ticket after asking for instructions for redemption and following them initially, ignoring the ETA posted initially, as well as other things, and making dozens of posts about it, then yeah perhaps I would have been a little bit upset and rude at the time when there's hundreds of other tickets requiring more urgent responses.

Thanked by 2FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • @DanSummer said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

Maybe because they said that multiple times on LET?

Ah I actually missed reading the last paragraph in on the first page. I stand corrected.

@bakageta said: We doing spins on flash sales? Your Order Number is: 6751501186

Flash sale was supposed to have its own thread on the 2018 one and be separated in that way but everyone kind of moved here so I went with it.

Sorry for the confusion but they're not mixed with spins.

• No worries, I didn't expect them to be but had to try >:)

This is why we can't have nice things :( People keep adding more workload to VirMach

• @FAT32 said:
    This is why we can't have nice things :( People keep adding more workload to VirMach

:( I made a booboo

@TheBrokenBee said:
    :( I made a booboo

Nope not you, I mean people who post order number from deals that are not from this thread