Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 126
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• pass

• I missed all the lightning, just like missing those girls

• @TalosPan said: just like missing those girls

I can relate... :/

• limitedlimited Member
    edited November 2021

@PulsedMedia said:

@Nekki said:
    Right, I’m out, for sleep. If there’s a storage dedi whilst I’m gone, save me one or I’m deleting this thread when I get up.

was jus thinking about maybe we should do one lol.

I'll be gone most of tomorrow so might not actually happen. We shall see.

Who would be up for a 4x18TB dedicated server with 1G or 10G?

Let's spice things up, do a deadpool VPS offer. (We don't mind a few days of setup time)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@exception0x876 said: Also, atm we are running additional special sale package KVM SSD NVMe Plus with 4 cores 8GB RAM and 500GB space.

A++ would definitely recommend this one. YABS:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon 18 Oct 2021 05:08:48 PM PDT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC Processor (with IBPB)
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 3393.624 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.8 GiB
    Swap       : 3.7 GiB
    Disk       : 487.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 282.98 MB/s  (70.7k) | 2.75 GB/s    (43.0k)
    Write      | 283.73 MB/s  (70.9k) | 2.76 GB/s    (43.2k)
    Total      | 566.72 MB/s (141.6k) | 5.51 GB/s    (86.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 3.00 GB/s     (5.8k) | 2.98 GB/s     (2.9k)
    Write      | 3.16 GB/s     (6.1k) | 3.18 GB/s     (3.1k)
    Total      | 6.16 GB/s    (12.0k) | 6.17 GB/s     (6.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 842 Mbits/sec   | 863 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 842 Mbits/sec   | 867 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 811 Mbits/sec   | 860 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 508 Mbits/sec   | 734 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 614 Mbits/sec   | 783 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 508 Mbits/sec   | 542 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 338 Mbits/sec   | 520 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 397 Mbits/sec   | 399 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1321
    Multi Core      | 4170
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/10480370

I've been using it for a short while (maybe 2 months now?) and it's been great. Only reason I'm thinking about migrating away from it is because I need more RAM, and the routing between OVH France and my ISP in the USA is not very good (and it's even worse to Australia) :(

• iamthepizzaiamthepizza Member
    edited November 2021

Just wanted to say kudos to @Mr_Tom - had some issues on my shiny new VPS with Windows being absolute fucking dogshit Windows and he was bang on the ball, super responsive and just generally great to work with. Cheers!

• @Daniel15 said: I need more RAM

I asked him if I could stack two, and he said yes. I've been running 8 cores and 16 GB for 2 months now

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@KuKluxKlab said:
    @PulsedMedia how did your zen miniboxes go? I've been insterested in general in colo-ing something like a 5600G or 3rd gen since I saw your offering

Customers been really happy with them, but the manual work on customizing them etc. just got too much, and we've never had the chance to realize the full potential of them due to lack of human resources for last bit of development.

They are really stable, really high performance and good price tho. Just not something we can slap together fast and in mass right now.

When they become again available (if they do), we will do only preconfigured versions, no custom versions at all anymore.

@limited said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Nekki said:
    Right, I’m out, for sleep. If there’s a storage dedi whilst I’m gone, save me one or I’m deleting this thread when I get up.

Let's spice things up, do a deadpool VPS offer. (We don't mind a few days of setup time)

What's a deadpool VPS offer?

@Daniel15 said: and the routing between OVH France and my ISP in the USA is not very good (and it's even worse to Australia)

Looks like OVH has a lot of issues like that, and always has had. Then again, one could argue every single provider has these issues tbh.

Regardless, we've never had too good success from OVH to Finland.

• sammsamm Member
    edited November 2021

@FAT32 said: LittleVZ VPS
    1 vCore
    5GB HDD
    256MB RAM
    250GB Bandwidth
    1 IPv4
    /80 IPv6
    Quantity: 5
    Promo code: BF-6DOLLARLVZ-mYjbXwGw
    $6/yr

Is it gone already?

• @PulsedMedia said:

@limited said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Nekki said:

One where calling it a loss leader would be generous. It's more akin to paying someone to take the server. lol

Thanked by 2vyas11 PulsedMedia
    edited November 2021

@PulsedMedia said: What's a deadpool VPS offer?

It refers to a completely unsustainable offer that usually results in the provider losing money.

When a VPS provider "deadpools", it means that they've shut down, usually very suddenly, due to a lack of funding (generally because all their offers were unsustainable and they have no other revenue source). Sometimes they just completely disappear and run fully-automated for a while (nobody monitoring the servers, their bills all being automatically paid just because they haven't gotten around to cancelling anything yet), until they cancel their credit cards and the servers disappear one by one due to lack of payment.

Often related to "summer hosts", which are called that because they're often started by kids in high school (or perhaps college) when they're on summer break, then when they go back to school they just want to get rid of it because it's consuming their life and they don't have time for it any more.

@PulsedMedia said:

@Daniel15 said: and the routing between OVH France and my ISP in the USA is not very good (and it's even worse to Australia)

Looks like OVH has a lot of issues like that, and always has had. Then again, one could argue every single provider has these issues tbh.

Regardless, we've never had too good success from OVH to Finland.

VPSes in Los Angeles have pretty good routing to/from Australia, as the connection between LA and Australia is one of the major internet transit routes for Australia to reach the outside world. Australia to Singapore is good too, as long as the ISP uses the SEA-ME-WE 3 cable or Australia Singapore Cable. Servers in Europe generally route via Los Angeles first.

Thanked by 3vyas11 sebkehl ralf
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2021

Also kind of mind blown (which is good) with the servaRICA storage VPS. Wild... stuff... @Nekki did you skipped these? They have your name written all over.

• @jahrinc said:

@Daniel15 said: I need more RAM

I asked him if I could stack two, and he said yes. I've been running 8 cores and 16 GB for 2 months now

:open_mouth:

I thought @exception0x876 said to me that sale offers can't be stacked, just regular VPS offers. Maybe I'm misremembering.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Nekki said:

Have a good rest :)

I see @PulsedMedia is being crazy again, that's nice.

Thanked by 2PulsedMedia user123
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Daniel15 said:

@jahrinc said:

I thought @exception0x876 said to me that sale offers can't be stacked, just regular VPS offers. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Flash sale and storage packages can't be stacked. This one should be ok to combine once since it is running on separate nodes rather than on leftover resources like our normal flash sale packages.

Thanked by 1Decicus
    edited November 2021

@exception0x876 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@jahrinc said:

Flash sale and storage packages can't be stacked. This one should be ok to combine once since it is running on separate nodes rather than on leftover resources like our normal flash sale packages.

Ah, it's special! I see. Just yesterday I paid for a yearly deal with a different provider to get a system with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD closer to me (Las Vegas), but if you're still offering this plan in the future, and still allow stacking it, then I'll probably be back for another one of yours since some use cases are fine to run far away from me and my other servers.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @Nekki said:

Got the last actual BF2021 Storage 2TB VPS in Helsinki courtesy of @Mr_Tom

@user123 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@limited said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Nekki said:

One where calling it a loss leader would be generous. It's more akin to paying someone to take the server. lol

@Daniel15 said:

It refers to a completely unsustainable offer that usually results in the provider losing money.

When a VPS provider "deadpools", it means that they've shut down, usually very suddenly, due to a lack of funding (generally because all their offers were unsustainable and they have no other revenue source). Sometimes they just completely disappear and run fully-automated for a while (nobody monitoring the servers, their bills all being automatically paid just because they haven't gotten around to cancelling anything yet), until they cancel their credit cards and the servers disappear one by one due to lack of payment.

Often related to "summer hosts", which are called that because they're often started by kids in high school (or perhaps college) when they're on summer break, then when they go back to school they just want to get rid of it because it's consuming their life and they don't have time for it any more.

Ah! That all explains the naming too brilliantly. Certainly deadpool material for all of those.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

27/11 20:00

Time4VPS: €30/yr 4GB KVM VPS in Lithuania

Specifications

• Linux 4
    • 1 x 2.60 GHz CPU
    • 4GB RAM
    • 40GB Storage
    • 8TB Bandwidth @ 100Mbps
    • Optional backups
    • KVM virtualization
    • Recurring deal.
    • Quantity: 20
    • Promo code: BLACKFRIDAYDEAL
    • €30/yr

Additional Information

Available OS: Latest CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu versions and more: https://www.time4vps.com/knowledgebase/what-os-do-you-offer/

@time4vps

Thanked by 1_Nic
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@user123 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@limited said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Nekki said:

@Daniel15 said:

Ah! That all explains the naming too brilliantly. Certainly deadpool material for all of those.

He should be on the F5

• nordmannnordmann Member
    edited November 2021

@Nekki said: You still failed, dry those tears and we'll see you next year.

still 2days to keep those tears until CM is over ;)

@PulsedMedia said: Why should we cater to the chinese who just want to reserve just to see if they might make a profit from it, before paying for the service and most likely will never pay for it -- and let actual real users in the wind?
    @nordmann said: Talking of users left in the wind... is there a slightest chance of a lil restock to the V1k 8TB offer, maybe some still pending payments or smth.
    @PulsedMedia said: Like said before, keep watching this thread

...so i keep watching for restock^^

@Nekki said: Loads of providers have done the same. @AlexBarakov has restocked stuff many times over.

-> Hope! :)

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • pls restock OBHost LET Special VPS Legendary Deals

@OBHost B)

• @add_iT said:
    pls restock OBHost LET Special VPS Legendary Deals

@OBHost B)

lol, im not the only one missed @OBHost

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Ah

• @afn said:

@cutech said: I didn't look up seedbox, I was thinking it was more of a VPS than a slice. If I needed to move a bunch of bits, yeah, but I need more of a backup server than a distributed TOR/Torrent type federation. Now I know.

euh... What do you want to do on a VPS for backup that can't be done on a seedbox? you can ssh to your seedbox, and use rsync for backup just the same way you would do with a vps...

I'm not properly stating my needs properly, opposed to a backup [data], I needed a backup [data + services on several ports using things that I cant install as sudo/root, kinda like Virtualmin just don't make sense in a docker/container].

Since the seedhost provider can't let me install a Ruby :6000 or Odoo :8069 it's not what I was looking for, and it's my fault that I didn't look up seedbox was before I committed.

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2021

@pan21 said:

@add_iT said:
    pls restock OBHost LET Special VPS Legendary Deals

@OBHost B)

lol, im not the only one missed @OBHost

Well, the fact that i am still not buying anything on this BF, because my curent vps's are more valuable than most of BF offer

• pass

• @qinmm said:
    pass

Stop posting crap like that.

==

Fuck, there was cheaper PulsedMedia plan. Smaller, but cheaper and recurring! Fuck. Time to read refund policy and maybe snipe another one /s

This discussion has been closed.