Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedi with legacy GPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedi with legacy GPU

I'm pretty curious that - are there any budget dedis with legacy GPUs available, for things like gaming over remote desktop?

Most offers I saw are like RTX 2080/3080/3090s and could cost a lot while there's pretty overkill for some casual gaming (also with latency)

Disclaimer: not currently wanting to have one, but isn't it have some real usage?

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Some providers are quite happy to install GPU into their existing servers line up for a one-off fee. I've had success negotiating this deal with Worldstream so you might try your luck as well.

Also, if you are happy with a low-performance GPU, ikoula has servers with GT 710.

• You are better off subscribing to the various cloud gaming companies. GeForce Now or Stadia for example

• @nowthisisfun said:
    You are better off subscribing to the various cloud gaming companies. GeForce Now or Stadia for example

the usage is like a dedicated game server, running the game instance without actually playing on it, those cloud gaming solutions might be too overkill

• I've seen dedis with GPUs, but they were mainly for video encoding or machine learning. And crypto mining of course, but I was mainly thinking of actually useful use cases.

For gaming use cases, the various cloud streaming platforms are better. Microsoft recently rolled out their game streaming service on Xbox for customers that have Game Pass. It's very useful because I can instantly try a game on my Xbox via "the cloud" before actually downloading it.

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

oneprovider are reselling an old ryzen 1700x from webtropia. it has a gpu.

• try @Ikoula . They have dedi with GF GT 710, Intel Graphics UHD 630 or GF GTX 1070
    https://www.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server